Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

AMetallo - you sort of implied that you're using OSAP, but from the perspective of someone paying for their own school I'd want to know if late payments showed up on my credit score at all.  If that's something you're doing, you might want to look into it.  Credit scores are important.

You all made some very valid points! I honestly didn't even consider any of that cause I was so overwhelmed of excitement knowing I still have a chance lol as u o f is closer to home and so much more convenient. But agreed with all your points. If I don't get accepted by end of June I will let u of t know to take me off to the list so I'm not heart broken if I did get in. Thanks everyone!

U of T has sent out all decisions as of yesterday and will not inform applicants of their decision unless you have not received something by Wednesday.

My York MyFile still says "no decision yet".. crazy to think they still haven't informed some of us either way!!

I'm thinking by the end of next week we all should know for every school - acceptance, waitlist, or rejection...right! lol!

@AMetallo - I would definitely say accept HBSW and ask to be taken off the waitlist once you are on the hook for HBSW payment.. you'll drive yourself crazy. PLUS, from what people have been saying, seems like you have a good shot of the Advanced Standing MSW after the HBSW program!!

Good luck!

@AMetallo - I would definitely say accept HBSW and ask to be taken off the waitlist once you are on the hook for HBSW payment.. you'll drive yourself crazy. PLUS, from what people have been saying, seems like you have a good shot of the Advanced Standing MSW after the HBSW program!!

Good luck!

Thank you! Yeah I think I've decided to wait until Mid-End of June and if I am not off the wait list by than I will definitely just go the HBSW route!

Do you think it's anywhere in the neighborhood of realistic to retain a part-time job while in the program?

I would love it if I could continue working one or two days a week.

I worked a part-time job of approximately 10 hours/week, as well as a handful of extracurricular activites.  Next year, I'm going to cut down a bit.  It's definitely possible, some people did it, but its difficult, especially in the first semester when assignments can get a little crazy.

I worked a part-time job of approximately 10 hours/week, as well as a handful of extracurricular activites. Next year, I'm going to cut down a bit. It's definitely possible, some people did it, but its difficult, especially in the first semester when assignments can get a little crazy.

Were you involved in extracurricular sties to the campus/program? And if so what toes of opportunities are available for being more involved ?

I just asked my mom to check the mail and my letter from U of T is there! I'm dying to know whether I am wait listed or rejected, but she refuses to open it for me, so I will have to wait another agonizing 4 hours until I am home from work! Ahhhh!

Has anyone else not heard anything from Laurier yet? I assume I've been rejected at this point but still haven't gotten a rejection letter in the mail! I've been accepted into another program but don't want to accept it until I have seen the rejection letter with my own eyes! Haha 

Has anyone else not heard anything from Laurier yet? I assume I've been rejected at this point but still haven't gotten a rejection letter in the mail! I've been accepted into another program but don't want to accept it until I have seen the rejection letter with my own eyes! Haha 

I also live 20 minutes away from Kitchener which is why I'm surprised I haven't heard anything

Edited by kjamieso4

I just asked my mom to check the mail and my letter from U of T is there! I'm dying to know whether I am wait listed or rejected, but she refuses to open it for me, so I will have to wait another agonizing 4 hours until I am home from work! Ahhhh!

Is everyone who received a letter today from u of t living in Toronto or very near by? Im living in niagara, and I am assuming I will be getting mail from them Monday? Thanks!

Just for the record for people waiting for letters from U of T and living in Toronto- it still usually takes 2-3 business days (including the day it goes out for delivery, so including yesterday if all the letters went out before 5pm yesterday) because everything goes out to the sorting station in Mississauga before it goes to wherever it's going, so actually people who live in Mississauga would get it the soonest, even if you live right by U of T (I used to work at the post office, haha). It seems kinda silly, but they can't know where things are going before they get sorted. If you live in Toronto (or most major urban centres in Ontario or Quebec) you will very likely get your letters Monday if you don't already have them, maaaaaybe Tuesday. It's likely a similar situation for those living close to Laurier waiting for letters- they all go to the sorting station first, which generally adds an extra day onto however long you think it would take.

I havn't received anything from UofT yet but considering I was wait listed last year and I doubt I got in again... I decided to officially accept my Laurier offer today! Super excited and nervous to begin this next step in my career :) cannot wait to meet everyone else in the Fall. For everyone still waiting my fingers are crossed for you!

I got an acceptance from windsor mid march!

If you don't mind me asking, did they give a deadline for accepting their offer?

I haven't heard anything yet so I am curious on if they are waiting for their first round of people to accept/deny it first or what.

If you don't mind me asking, did they give a deadline for accepting their offer?

I haven't heard anything yet so I am curious on if they are waiting for their first round of people to accept/deny it first or what.

They gave 2 weeks to accept the offer if I remember correctly I was informed of the offer on March 18th - so two weeks from that date!

Is everyone who received a letter today from u of t living in Toronto or very near by? Im living in niagara, and I am assuming I will be getting mail from them Monday? Thanks!

Yes, I live about 45 minutes from U of T