Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Socialworkerr - Sorry, it still goes to the right link for me.  Anyways I agree, there is nothing we can do about it tonight.  Time to take a big glass of wine/sleeping pill/insert substance here :P and try and get some sleep.

sorry to create high stress for everyone… I went to google, loris admission, log in (using student number and a pin), then it opens up the APPLICANT SUMMARY page, where it lists your name, student #, info, program (master of social work - advanced standing), full- time, Fall 2015, you then click on the program, which is written in blue font. and it takes you to another page where it says program, and then admission decision…. 

I actually did not get accepted to laurier, and so it has the generic note that it usually does in the letter, and says "Application Unsuccessful". So nope, there is no confusion on this end. Perhaps if you guys don't have that yet, it's because maybe they've not done everyone's yet? I found out about this through someone else, who had talked to 3 different people who used the same method to figure it out. 

Hopefully that is helpful for everyone, and fingers crossed for you! 

sorry to create high stress for everyone… I went to google, loris admission, log in (using student number and a pin), then it opens up the APPLICANT SUMMARY page, where it lists your name, student #, info, program (master of social work - advanced standing), full- time, Fall 2015, you then click on the program, which is written in blue font. and it takes you to another page where it says program, and then admission decision…. 

I actually did not get accepted to laurier, and so it has the generic note that it usually does in the letter, and says "Application Unsuccessful". So nope, there is no confusion on this end. Perhaps if you guys don't have that yet, it's because maybe they've not done everyone's yet? I found out about this through someone else, who had talked to 3 different people who used the same method to figure it out. 

Hopefully that is helpful for everyone, and fingers crossed for you!

Thank you for clarifying! I shouldn't subject myself to this website, especially after midnight. It is a recipe for mental disaster!

Was anyone who you learned the method from a successful applicant?

Oh!

I was rejected from Laurier also :/

Sorry to hear LP :(

Socialworkerr I was told that 2 of them were accepted, and one was rejected.

And sorry to hear that LP3 :(

Mine doesn't say anything about rejected or accepted.

It just says this:

Program Master of Social Work Registration Status Full-time Term of Entry September 2015

Not sure what it means.

For my page, I had two blue texts saying "Program, Master of Social Work.... etc." If I clicked the bottom one, it brought me to my references. If I clicked the top one, that's where it took me to the admissions decision page. There was a small blurb about how the Faculty of Social Work accepts so few candidates every year, thanks for my application, but I was unsuccessful. 

I'm kind of numb right now. I wasn't sure I was ready for my MSW from the very start, but I thought I might be able to have a choice to accept or defer an offer. It feels like a door has been slammed shut, and even though I have a plan for the next year to work... I feel disappointed too. 

I know offers of admission are currently only going out for advanced standing applications, but I just want to clarify that you click the "ONLINE FORM" to be redirected to the admissions decision page? If so, have any other 2 Year applicants tried the LORIS trick? When I click on that it redirects me to a different page indicating an "error." I know 2 Year applications probably have not even been reviewed yet, but I just want to make sure my account is functioning haha

loris_banner_test.jpg
LORIS (Laurier Web Information System)

HELP | EXIT
Application Menu  

web_transparent.gif
Welcome, to LORIS 
APPLICANT SUMMARY Your contact information reflects what was noted in your application for admission. If your contact information has changed, provide any changes on the online form. 

Name   Wilfrid Laurier University Student ID Number   Home Address   Phone Number   Email  
  Program Master of Social Work Registration Status Full-time Term of Entry Sep 2015

web_transparent.gifReturn to Homepage

RELEASE: 8.5.4.4

© 2015 Ellucian Company L.P. and its affiliates.

Weird... Now when I try to access the "rejection" page it brings me to an error page with a bunch of coding on it. I'm still quite certain that I got rejected lol. 

Hi everyone, I’m so happy I found this forum! I’ve been lurking it for the past month, and it’s really eased my nerves through the whole application process. I really appreciate everyone sharing their stories, so I thought I would contribute to the discussion  :)  

blh22, I’m applying to the 2-year programs and I tried the LORIS trick. When I clicked on the “blue link” it just redirected me to my references. It seems like only the advanced standing people are beginning to hear back. 

Hi everyone, I’m so happy I found this forum! I’ve been lurking it for the past month, and it’s really eased my nerves through the whole application process. I really appreciate everyone sharing their stories, so I thought I would contribute to the discussion  :)  

blh22, I’m applying to the 2-year programs and I tried the LORIS trick. When I clicked on the “blue link” it just redirected me to my references. It seems like only the advanced standing people are beginning to hear back. 

Welcome!

There are two blue links: 1. online form and 2. Master of Social Work. The first one is apparently supposed to redirect you to a page where you would have filled out more detailed information for contact purposes and also indicate the status of your application, the second one redirects you to your references which is the one you are likely clicking. 

I am aware our offers will not be out just yet but I just wanted to make sure I was able to see what others are able to view so that when the time does come I have the option to view it as well :)

blh22, I’m so glad you pointed that out, thanks! I realized I missed the “online form” link completely. I just clicked on it and I’m getting the error message as well - strange  :wacko:

Well I guess I am rejected.  Mine does not go to page saying rejected or accepted.  When I click the online form link it says "page not found".  And there are not other things I can click except the program name which just leads me to my references.  So I can only assume that I am rejected or mine would work like everyone elses.  Is there anyone else who is applying for advanced standing who it isn't working for.  I am so depressed right now. 

Edited by smpalesh

So it seems the 2 year people are getting the "page not found" error, which would make sense because a decision wouldn't be made on them yet.  But I am applying for the 1 year so why am I not getting an answer when every other 1 year is???

Socialworkerr - did it work for you?  I am freaking out here.  I don't understand this.  Mine doesn't have two links to the program, just the online form and that goes to an error page.

cheekss, are you able to click on the Master of social work??

Make sure you are logging in to loris admission (google exactly that) as opposed to just logging in to loris ... see if that works?

smpalesh, try not to assume the worst.. I was rejected and it says it ... so no answer is currently not a bad thing for you.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.... I followed the steps as I previously posted, and went through LORIS ADMISSION on google, and the first link that came up and then logged in, clicked on my program (there was only ONE blue link), and it took me to my admission decision. In fact, there was no information or link to references on the page that I logged in to.

and just a thought, if "no page found" is what's coming up, perhaps this is because they have not yet input their decision into your account yet, and that's why it does not allow you to access a page, that as of right now, perhaps does not even exist. I'm sure it'll work soon once they have everyone's.