Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

I just checked my status and saw that I was invited to the 2-year MSW program and I cannot believe this is my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And can barely breathe, oh my god

congrats! that's awesome, just wondering is this your first time checking today? or did you check before the site went down for maintenance at 6

Hey there! I am new to gradcafe, and I am loving it already. I have been stalking my email literally every two minutes waiting for a response. It is killing me slowly. I applied to the U of T two year MSW program. Has anyone heard yet?

Advanced Standing Laurier applicants, did anything change on your LORIS page once you received an acceptance?

I can't login to LORIS. . Anyone else having troubles ?

Also, so much for not worrying the whole weekend lol I just can't

@christina2 when you go to google and type in LORIS admissions are you logging into that first page? When I do it shows error if I click "online form" which was the case several weeks ago. But I was just wondering for those who were accepted for advanced standing if "Full Time" on that login page changes. If I recall email/snail mail seems to be updated first for laurier...just curious and letting my mind wander too much!

@mostlymaggie welcome! Only 3 posters on here have indicated they received an acceptance according to their online status on ROSI on Friday, if you have where it once said "no registration" should say invited. This is still very early though, which still doesn't seem to comfort me.

Unfortunately, I've had issues with another application so this waiting is really stressing me out!

What do you folks think will happen if you're a current uoft student? It only shows my current registration it doesn't show that I've applied to msw. I may have to wait for the letter :'(

goodnews - last year someone was a current UofT student and was accepted into the MSW.  Their ROSI changed to the same thing the test of us are seeing - Invited for MSW Fall 2015.

goodnews - last year someone was a current UofT student and was accepted into the MSW. Their ROSI changed to the same thing the test of us are seeing - Invited for MSW Fall 2015.

Ohhh okay I see so it will pop up at some point that I've applied to the MSW, thanks!

It was my first time checking!

Congratulations! That is such excellent news! You must be thrilled. I am losing my mind waiting and waiting, and checking and checking. What is your undergrad in? Do you have a lot of experience in the field? Research experience? Sorry to pick your brain, you are probably celebrating the great news ( I know I would be). I am just so so curious! Thank you!

I can't login to LORIS. . Anyone else having troubles ?

Also, so much for not worrying the whole weekend lol I just can't

I can log into LORIS no problem.  The online form still says "page not found" though.

Gah! I just got an email from my academic reference. I'd been really worried she was going to give me not great letters since she wasn't great about meeting deadlines and I figured this meant she didn't think highly of my, but I emailed her to let her know I wasn't applying for one of the schools I was going to get a reference from her for and she wished me good luck and said I "certainly deserved a place in graduate school"! Which is just amazing. I am so relieved because I think this means her references must have actually been good and I have been really stressing about this. It's just such a relief that if I don't get it in won't be because I picked the wrong person to write me a letter. PHEW!

@christina2 when you go to google and type in LORIS admissions are you logging into that first page? When I do it shows error if I click "online form" which was the case several weeks ago. But I was just wondering for those who were accepted for advanced standing if "Full Time" on that login page changes. If I recall email/snail mail seems to be updated first for laurier...just curious and letting my mind wander too much!

@mostlymaggie welcome! Only 3 posters on here have indicated they received an acceptance according to their online status on ROSI on Friday, if you have where it once said "no registration" should say invited. This is still very early though, which still doesn't seem to comfort me.

Unfortunately, I've had issues with another application so this waiting is really stressing me out!

Thank you! I have been wondering where it would indicate. I am wondering if they will change the status to decision made? or will we hear from the post? I am soooooo nervous! My confidence flip flops. One minute I got this, the next I feel hopeless.

In case y'all were wondering, my status still says "under review" on the SGS. Sending good vibes all of your ways!

Thanks for the info  :)

Edited by b39

Has anyone applied or heard from u of calgary msw ?? I read in other posts people were getting early admission notices last month and first round admissions started mid march. Augh...

Has anyone applied or heard from u of calgary msw ?? I read in other posts people were getting early admission notices last month and first round admissions started mid march. Augh...

Are you asking for the 1 year or 2 year program? I applied to the 2 year program and haven't heard anything.

I applied for the one year ...any idea when they are supposed to let you know ??

No, but from reading last year's forum, they sent out acceptances for the 1 year program on March 13. So hopefully you will hear from them very soon.

Edited by Leah_N

It would show right here in ROSI

6NtNlyY.png

Thank you! I have been wondering where it would indicate. I am wondering if they will change the status to decision made? or will we hear from the post? I am soooooo nervous! My confidence flip flops. One minute I got this, the next I feel hopeless.

@mostlymaggie hopefully the picture answers your question more clearly regarding U of T and ROSI

Edited by blh22

I went back through 2013 and 2014 forums and it looks like Laurier started accepting people around March 22nd for the two year program.  I got a little excited because that is soon and then I thought that this will be the year that they actually send out responses when they say in the the first two weeks of April. 

Congrats to those accepted to the 2 year! And count me in as another who has no change :( it would be way easier emotionally if they told us all at the same time! It's going to be excruciating the next few weeks!

Side note: this is now my most visited website on my iPad hah!

I'm trying to log into ROSI and encountering problems. Is your student number the same as your applicant number? If not, where would I have received my student number?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out.

Edited by dexy77