Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2015--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

Anyone here has received any news from Rutgers or NYU? I'm feeling a bit anxious, to be honest  :mellow:

nothing from NYU here except the initial "your rec letters didn't come in because interfolio is dumb" back in mid Jan. 

Has anyone heard from USC Annenberg's M.A./M.S. programs? I applied well before the deadline, and they told me it would be a 6-8 week turnaround. I'm approaching Week 7 and the anxiety is only getting worse!

PS. Congrats to all of the PhD admits at USC! Hope to see ya there :)

Has anyone heard from USC Annenberg's M.A./M.S. programs? I applied well before the deadline, and they told me it would be a 6-8 week turnaround. I'm approaching Week 7 and the anxiety is only getting worse!

PS. Congrats to all of the PhD admits at USC! Hope to see ya there :)

Thanks!  Hope you get in.  What's your main area of interest?

no kidding

I wonder what's happening with UPenn and whether we'll know this week...

According to the records in thegradcafe result's search, last year they started sending emails the 7th (!!). And the year before around mid-February. We're getting there...

According to the records in thegradcafe result's search, last year they started sending emails the 7th (!!). And the year before around mid-February. We're getting there...

Yep!! I'm guessing either today if we're lucky, or sometime next week... And it seems like they send all their acceptances and rejections out at the same time, which is nice.

Thanks!  Hope you get in.  What's your main area of interest?

Strategic Public Relations. I applied just before the holidays, so I'm hoping I'll find out by the end of this month. Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm new to the thread, but wandered if anyone had any insight about Ohio State. Based on their history on grad cafe, there isn't a whole lot of data to determine when they usually respond with offers. Also, I don't know if this helps fill in any gaps for applicants still waiting, but here is a list of programs I have and have not heard from.

UConn -                          Acceptance

Cornell -                          Acceptance

West Virginia -                Acceptance

Ohio State -                    No Response

Michigan State -             No Response

University of Michigan -  No Response

Hi all,

I'm new to the thread, but wandered if anyone had any insight about Ohio State. Based on their history on grad cafe, there isn't a whole lot of data to determine when they usually respond with offers. Also, I don't know if this helps fill in any gaps for applicants still waiting, but here is a list of programs I have and have not heard from.

Hey Brett! Will you be going to Cornell's recruitment weekend in March?

Are you interested in UConn? I'm seriously considering them but am waiting to hear back from other places. What was your proposed concentration in the program?

I'm waiting to hear from Michigan State as well

Edited by mikeman591

I just heard back from Drexel. Accepted! No word on funding though. I definitely wasn't expecting to hear any news on Saturday, so that's welcome.

Congratulations!

My first acceptance was a Saturday, too - such unexpected joy!

Hi all,

I received an acceptance email from OSU on Jan 15th and my nomination for a fellowship a few days earlier. I am not sure if this means they have sent out all the acceptances around Jan 15th, or the ones nominated for a fellowship received an earlier notification.

I also sent you a PM!

I just heard back from Drexel. Accepted! No word on funding though. I definitely wasn't expecting to hear any news on Saturday, so that's welcome.

Hi all,

Congrats to you both on your acceptances!

I received an acceptance email from OSU on Jan 15th and my nomination for a fellowship a few days earlier. I am not sure if this means they have sent out all the acceptances around Jan 15th, or the ones nominated for a fellowship received an earlier notification.

I also sent you a PM!

Huh, that's really surprising. Congrats! I wonder why the radio silence to the rest of us..

Thank you!

Huh, that's really surprising. Congrats! I wonder why the radio silence to the rest of us..

Maybe they are still deliberating the rest of the applicants? The visitation weekend is March 26 - 27, and the coordinator told me that the official visit invitation will be sent out mid-Feb, if that helps at all.