Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2015--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

Hmmm, they're not answering, I just e-mailed.

So frustrating! 

But maybe it's good news that they want that official info, right?

It was a personalized e-mail from the MA student coordinator :)

Edited by jujubea

Can you call someone in their Registrar's Office, explain the situation, and pay for priority?

I lucked out and got a really nice person in Registrar! They're over-nighting it on Monday...!!! Whew.

And I don't see any decisions in the Results Search for this program so doesn't looked like I missed anything yet.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to "process" the transcripts once they arrive, since it's after all the grad deadlines now ... maybe they're less inundated... ?

Hi everyone! I've applied to Purdue University's Communications Dept for a MA. I haven't heard anything about Masters acceptances yet, just 3 PhD. Anyone know anything?

I also applied to Indiana University . . . but one of my professors still hasn't submitted the LOR, or it was kinda lost in the application system. I have been soooooooo stressed.

I lucked out and got a really nice person in Registrar! They're over-nighting it on Monday...!!! Whew.

And I don't see any decisions in the Results Search for this program so doesn't looked like I missed anything yet.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to "process" the transcripts once they arrive, since it's after all the grad deadlines now ... maybe they're less inundated... ?

Oh, good! I'm glad someone could help you. 

Hi Roguesenna, 

Can you tell us how your usc interview went today?

How'd your interview go? I'm going to accept your interpretation so I can stop freaking out, since all the professors I wrote about know me to various degrees. =X 

Sorry I didn't come on earlier, I got busy all of a sudden after the interview. 

Basically POI and I discussed some of the things I touched on in my SOP like how I got interested in the field, etc. Then we discussed research interests and my writing sample. He asked me about the major weakness in my application and how he might defend it "in the room" so-to-speak. Then I had an opportunity to ask him some questions. I felt like it went pretty well and it was very much about us getting to know each other, and sort of confirming that he would be my advisor if I was accepted. I've never had the opportunity to meet a prof at a conference though I imagine it might have been similar to that, kind of gaging personality and interests. He also said (!) that I would know within ten days. Though he wasn't specific if that was ten real days or ten business days and I wouldn't be surprised if there were delays, but he did say that.  

Hi all! Really happy to see everyone's good news. quick question-is anyone else applying with a partner? We basically applied in zones and are hoping we both get into places within one of those zones. Would love to hear how this process is going for others. Hope everyone is well!

freaking out over the couple of Washington rejections in the results search...refreshing my email inbox hesitantly!

I saw those too.  However, it's got to be a good sign if you haven't gotten one.  The interesting bit is that the application site says that they will be making decisions in late February!  So I assume it must still be somewhat early, right?

Hi all! Really happy to see everyone's good news. quick question-is anyone else applying with a partner? We basically applied in zones and are hoping we both get into places within one of those zones. Would love to hear how this process is going for others. Hope everyone is well!

Where all have you been accepted?  I saw that you had 4 acceptances in your signature.  Congrats!

I was notified of acceptance this morning to the school w the transcript problem!!!

It's like two and three weeks earlier than the results search shows!

AHHHH congratulations!! Now you're definitely going somewhere!!

I was notified of acceptance this morning to the school w the transcript problem!!!

It's like two and three weeks earlier than the results search shows!

Oh my goodness, what good news! Congrats!

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far. This is all very exciting news!

However, all this acceptance talk is making me super super anxious about the fact that I haven't received any replies from any of the schools I've applied to  :unsure: I've refreshed my email so much I'm going insane!

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far. This is all very exciting news!

However, all this acceptance talk is making me super super anxious about the fact that I haven't received any replies from any of the schools I've applied to  :unsure: I've refreshed my email so much I'm going insane!

Wayyyy to early to go insane. You probably have 2.5 more months to go. You need to hold on to your sanity. 

It's really stressful waiting, but there's no need to panic if you know that your schools don't send out notifications at this time (according to the Results survey). The other schools I've applied to won't send out notifications for at least two weeks, so I'm trying not to think about them. Also, it's not over until April 15!

Congrats!

Oh my goodness, what good news! Congrats!

AHHHH congratulations!! Now you're definitely going somewhere!!

Thank you guys, I can't believe it! I was almost shaking with exhilaration - mostly because it was SO unexpected. I was sitting in the middle of my son's trivia competition and I saw the area code and couldn't believe my eyes. I missed the call itself but stepped out to listen to the voicemail. 

When I started jumping up and down with excitement, I think the other parents thought I was getting a little too into the trivia competition :)