Spanish PhD 2015

BeatrizBear

Let's be honest, being part of a mariachi band pays better than grad school.

And it gets you good food at the parties where you play :D

Any news from anyone??

I just heard back today from University of Illinois at Chicago and they accepted me! After not being accepted to Bloomington, Davis, and Madison I am really happy to finally hear a yes!

With funding? O:

Hello there! Any news for Rutgers? I have already been accepted in another university...but I really interested in studying there. Do you think is a good choice?

Congrats to everyone who have been accepted!

Hello there! Any news for Rutgers? I have already been accepted in another university...but I really interested in studying there. Do you think is a good choice?

Congrats to everyone who have been accepted!

I don't know anyone in the thread that applied there. Who else are you waiting on? And congrats on the admit! Where did you get in, if you don't mind me asking?

Todavía espero dos más programas, pero el programa de doctorado es un buen programa. No pude creer que algunos dicidieran de inmediato.

Good morning everyone! I've been lurking on and off in this thread as I'm a partial Latin Americanist though I've only applied to Comp Lit departments. I've been accepted to a couple of unis: U Washington and Wisconsin Madison as well as waitlisted (I think) at Rutgers, does anyone know how these are considered for Lat Am literature/cultural studies (I'm particularly interested in Southern cone foundational fiction and Mexican border lit)? I have zero experience of the US university system so any guidance would be appreciated :D

Also, congratulations to all who have received good news this season and best of luck to those still waiting!!!!

Edited by Katla

Hi Katla,

It's nice to see more people hereabouts. I only applied to one Comp. Lit. program which rejected me and wasn't one of your schools. I know at least a couple of your schools have been mentioned here so maybe someone can offer some information.