SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2015-2016

crimsoc

Hi! 

Does anyone know what the "SSHRC secure site" is? I feel like this is something I should know but I've checked my SSHRC portal thing (that looks like a bad dos website from the 90s) and my form isn't even there, it just says "Nothing to display"...

Yeah, does anyone have any specifics about what they mean by "SSHRC secure site?"

Luna1, I think its normal for it to say nothing for now.  If they do indeed mean the portal thing when they say "SSHRC secure site", then I suspect it will be there as a message.  In the meantime, I suppose we just continue to check...

Hi! 

Does anyone know what the "SSHRC secure site" is? I feel like this is something I should know but I've checked my SSHRC portal thing (that looks like a bad dos website from the 90s) and my form isn't even there, it just says "Nothing to display"...

Hi Luna 1, 

Yes, I'm pretty sure that by "secure SSHRC site" they are indeed referring to the "portal thing": https://webapps.nserc.ca/SSHRC/faces/logonFellowships.jsp

It looks like we are all still getting the same message under the portfolio tab, which states "nothing to display." Based on the info emailed to a few folks from SSHRC, we should all have a message on the portal by the end of week to let us know if we have received an award or not (in addition to the letters that they are sending us in the mail). 

Hi Luna 1, 

Yes, I'm pretty sure that by "secure SSHRC site" they are indeed referring to the "portal thing": https://webapps.nserc.ca/SSHRC/faces/logonFellowships.jsp

It looks like we are all still getting the same message under the portfolio tab, which states "nothing to display." Based on the info emailed to a few folks from SSHRC, we should all have a message on the portal by the end of week to let us know if we have received an award or not (in addition to the letters that they are sending us in the mail). 

Sorry, the website didn't paste properly above. Here it is again: webapps.nserc.ca/SSHRC/faces/logonFellowships.jsp

Edited by solala

Could the "Secure Site" refer to what's on this page: https://secure.nserc.ca/u_e.htm ?

In which case, it doesn't seem like we will have access to it : "It is intended for use only by university administrators and business officers who have registered and been assigned a User ID and password by NSERC or SSHRC"

Edited by beebop

Could the "Secure Site" refer to what's on this page: https://secure.nserc.ca/u_e.htm ?

In which case, it doesn't seem like we will have access to it : "It is intended for use only by university administrators and business officers who have registered and been assigned a User ID and password by NSERC or SSHRC"

Hey beebop, Perhaps you are right, in which case some of you might be able to find out from the admins at your universities (and the rest of us direct applicants would have to wait for the snail mail)?  I had no idea that webpage existed! Good research skills. 

Anyways, I'm going to keep checking the portal thing, fingers crossed they will post news there. 

It seems odd that nobody has received a letter as of yet. If they were sent yesterday, I would assume Ottawa-based folks would have it today. Not everyone can be a late afternoon delivery!

It seems odd that nobody has received a letter as of yet. If they were sent yesterday, I would assume Ottawa-based folks would have it today. Not everyone can be a late afternoon delivery!

I'm in Ottawa. There was nothing from SSHRC in the mail today. Hopefully, tomorrow!

I concur. It is strange that nobody in the Ottawa region has received their letters. I'm new to this thread and I hate to make accusations, but has this forum had issues with trolls before?

I concur. It is strange that nobody in the Ottawa region has received their letters. I'm new to this thread and I hate to make accusations, but has this forum had issues with trolls before?

Not particularly. Several people have emailed SSHRC to ask about their applications and each received a response indicating that the letters were sent out Monday afternoon.

It's possible that SSHRC didn't send out all the letters at once. I imagine they have 1000-2000 total letters to send out (acceptance, rejection, & waitlist). If they're sending them out in batches, it wouldn't be surprising if people in the Ottawa area still haven't received them yet.

Just called my faculty of graduate studies awards office and they noted that they have yet to receive the list of successful sshrc students but they are waiting for them and will email notification of results as soon as they hear back from Ottawa.

Just called my faculty of graduate studies awards office and they noted that they have yet to receive the list of successful sshrc students but they are waiting for them and will email notification of results as soon as they hear back from Ottawa.

I'm having serious doubts that anything was mailed out on Monday. 

If they went out late Monday afternoon it is possible that even the students in Ottawa will not receive anything until tomorrow. I am anxiously stalking the online portal. My e-mail said results would be there 'later this week' while it looks like others were told the 'end of the week'. Hopefully by Friday we will all be able to access our results via the portal and the agonizing wait will be over. Sigh.....at this point I just need to be put out of my misery :)

I'm having serious doubts that anything was mailed out on Monday. 

I'm having the same doubts. It's almost comical how speculative/cryptic this whole SSHRC process is! But it does seem odd that no one has received notice if the letters were posted Monday; Canada Post is bad, but not that bad! 

Anyhow, I just read through this whole thread and I thought I'd make an account to wish all of you fellow SSHRC-waiters well. I was fine until I read this thread now I'm all nervous. I just want to know at this point. 

Best wishes everyone!

Not particularly. Several people have emailed SSHRC to ask about their applications and each received a response indicating that the letters were sent out Monday afternoon.

Although I'm new to this thread (this year), I concur with crimsoc. Everyone who has posted the news from SSHRC about the mail-outs this week seems really solid, and non-troll like.

I do think, however, that SSHRC might have some internal communication issues (as do most big institutions), with the employees responsible for social media/twitter going on different information than the employees who respond to applicant email inquiries. On what appears to be the same day, the former group said that "results will be announced in May" and the latter claimed "this week."  These types of communication issues are very typical in organizations like SSHRC, with people getting fed different information at different times, and updates/changes being hard to keep track of. Still, my best guess is that we were indeed sent our letters this week and will (hopefully) have news very soon (at least from some of you in Ottawa). 

I'm clearly obsessed now, but just wanted to share that according to Canada Post, delivery standards for regular mail (the slowest postal service) is 2-4 business days between major urban centres. The "up to 10 days" listed by SSHRC is likely considering applicants in rural and remote locations, but most of us should definitely get our letters this week. Okay, I'm going to shut up now. Wish you all the best! 

Calm down.

second that! nothing more any of us can actually do.

lets leave our graduate program admins alone, take a nice bath later, listen to a good playlist and stay off the canada post and sshrc website haha.

suggestion: http://songza.com/listen/zen-out-jazz-songza/

results... soooon(ish)

Edited by ineedfun(ding)

I just got an answer from SSHRC. They said the results have been sent the 20th April. I wrote in French, so the answer is in French. the same response like the others'. 

Great to hear, Jeremie. I guess we'll just have to sit tight and wait. Or have a bath as ineedfun(ding) says!

Have a good sleep everyone.

Oh, this thread brings back memories...I remember visiting last year's SSHRC thread probably dozens of times a day and refreshing the damn page, and even more so once the results have been mailed. I know bentharbour and crimsoc are with me on this one :) . Regardless of the individual outcomes, it will be a huge relief once you receive the letter! Hang in there folks, not much longer now! Way to support each other through the process and keep the spirits strong. Thank f*** for threads like this. Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by Konstantin