SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2015-2016

crimsoc

Oh, this thread brings back memories...I remember visiting last year's SSHRC thread probably dozens of times a day and refreshing the damn page, and even more so once the results have been mailed. I know bentharbour and crimsoc are with me on this one :) . Regardless of the individual outcomes, it will be a huge relief once you receive the letter! Hang in there folks, not much longer now! Way to support each other through the process and keep the spirits strong. Thank f*** for threads like this. Best of luck to everyone!

I certainly remember that stress and dread. Even though I was unsuccessful, I was damn happy it was over when I found out. This year I'm a little more removed from it emotionally but still anxious af! Here's to all of us in the next 48 hours!

I certainly remember that stress and dread. Even though I was unsuccessful, I was damn happy it was over when I found out. This year I'm a little more removed from it emotionally but still anxious af! Here's to all of us in the next 48 hours!

Ditto. Good luck everyone! I hope you're successful crimsoc!

Edited by jeenyus

I worked for the government for a while before my PhD. I wouldn't be surprised if the SSHRC people sent the mail out within the governnment on Monday, but that there was a delay with the mail staff responsible for handing them over to Canada Post. Canada Post may not have been able to start the delivery till Tuesday.

I just noticed that there are 57 people reading this thread, likely all waiting for an update. If anyone needs a distraction, may I recommend some harmless grad-student humour: www.theonion.com/articles/pros-and-cons-of-going-to-grad-school,38467/

And congrats beebop! 

Edited by solala

They're definitely on their way!! I'm in Ottawa and I received my letter today (successful! Yipee!!).

Best of luck to eveybody!

Fantastic news!! Congrats!

Just opened my letter here in Toronto. Unsuccessful my score 10/20 -- whatever that means. Good luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear jeenyus. I feel your disappointment - I made it to Ottawa 3 times in a row with all unsuccessful applications. Keep going and best of luck next year.

I am still waiting to hear out West, likely get my letter tomorrow or Monday.  

Congrats to everyone who've been successful so far! My mail already came today (East Coast), so I guess it'll be another day for me at least.

Edited by abreak