Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

Alright... I just want to preface by saying I'm really sorry, but I'd love to talk to someone about Stanford MTL. I have a transcript issue; namely, I was told I need not worry about sending an official transcript unless I'm offered admission. So, according to my favorite person in the world, the MTL program assistant, my file is complete. However, the webpage says the university requires official paper transcripts as part of a complete application. The caveat for me is that my degree and official transcripts are tied to some money I owe (bursar won't release them until my account is clear) so I'm not able to send anything until I secure loans. I'm so nervous. Help my nerves!

I don't know about Stanford, but I've been anxiety-ing about this, too--I only sent official transcripts to a few schools, and one of my schools has a hold on my record so I didn't send that one out to anybody. Indeed, I've been wondering for the past few days if UC Davis in particular would consider my app, because their team contacted me about a missing letter of rec, and then said my file was complete despite me not sending them any transcripts, official or unofficial, and they just accepted me (!!).

I really would try not to worry about it if I were you. I think if they love you, they'll either ask for transcripts or overlook it. Fingers crossed for you!

My deepest congratulations to allplaideverything on your UC Davis acceptance! Super proud of you; my uncle teaches there and I was just talking with him about his role in the dilly dallying of admissions, and this year's accepted cohort is top notch. Hats off :)

Ps: thanks everyone for talking to me about MTL. I'll just listen to KD Lang and forget about it

Just got an email to schedule a phone interview with Columbia! Email asked for a chat in anticipation of "final admissions deliberations on Friday"

Edit: missed the acceptance posts for Davis and Chicago: so much congrats eveyone!!!!

Edited by Lycidas

Omg Lycidas congrats!! Is the phone interview informal, because I know gsas has a "no interviews" policy? I'm so happy for you and extremely scared for myself since I've also applied to Columbia English!

Just got an offer from UCLA (via an email from a POI)! Very excited (and surprised) to have options.

Still haven't heard anything from Chicago, so I'm assuming that, at least, is a dead end...

Congrats on UCLA!

I also assume chicago is a dead end for me too.

OMG SO MUCH NEWS ALL AT ONCE! Here goes...

I GOT ACCEPTED TO UC DAVIS

Congratulations on your first (of what I'm sure will be many) acceptance!

Hell yeah, congrats!

um.  also.

(i just got accepted to the University of Chicago)

That is AMAZING! My MA thesis advisor went there; I've heard nothing but wonderful things (and, of course, it's a leading program).

Just got an email to schedule a phone interview with Columbia! Email asked for a chat in anticipation of "final admissions deliberations on Friday"

Edit: missed the acceptance posts for Davis and Chicago: so much congrats eveyone!!!!

That is awesome! Congratulations, and best of luck!

Just got an offer from UCLA (via an email from a POI)! Very excited (and surprised) to have options.

Still haven't heard anything from Chicago, so I'm assuming that, at least, is a dead end...

And you have some fantastic optons! That's incrdible! Congrats!

Edit: please excuse my inarticulate-ness. I have comprehensive exams Friday, so my brain is more than a little fried.

Edited by In hac spe vivo.

Omg Lycidas congrats!! Is the phone interview informal, because I know gsas has a "no interviews" policy? I'm so happy for you and extremely scared for myself since I've also applied to Columbia English!

Yes, it sounds pretty informal, a phone conversation to discuss my application and the program in general. I have no idea if they do this for everyone, so I wouldn't get too down yet. Too early to tell!

Edited by Lycidas

My deepest congratulations to allplaideverything on your UC Davis acceptance! Super proud of you; my uncle teaches there and I was just talking with him about his role in the dilly dallying of admissions, and this year's accepted cohort is top notch. Hats off :)

Ps: thanks everyone for talking to me about MTL. I'll just listen to KD Lang and forget about it

To my fellow MTL hopeful, best of luck!

Also, congratulations to all the acceptances today! Wonderful news!

Congrats! My status is still "applied"  :wacko:

Judging by the results board, Amherst seems to be rolling out their notifications in little bits and pieces. I thought I was a likely rejection when I saw the first acceptances go by almost a week ago, so I wouldn't give up hope on Amherst unless you get an official rejection letter

Gah! I picked a bad day to go to bed early! Congrats ModifiedMolloy, Lycidas, and Margeryhemp on your awesome acceptances! And good luck to you again, Lycidas, on your interview at Columbia!

Congratulations on Amherst, Lycidas! It's a lovely town.

Thanks everyone! My pernicious plan to infiltrate and conquer the Boston suburbs seems to be falling into place...(laughs manically)