Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

Accepted at Columbia!!!!!!!! So unbelievably excited right now, didn't expect news on a Saturday at all!

How perfect though! Now you can celebrate! :D

Also - congratulations to all the acceptees in this thread!!! I'm afraid school is sucking up all of my time these days, and never lets me post on GradCafe, but I'm genuinely happy for you all!

Admitted to UC Riverside!!

I applied to 10 programs last year with no success so it's a thrill to get in somewhere. I also got something called the Chancellor's Distinguished Fellowship Award, so funding! Yaaay!

I've run out of up-votes or whatever, but congratulations!! That's so great! Their program is super cool.

I applied to 10 programs last year with no success so it's a thrill to get in somewhere. I also got something called the Chancellor's Distinguished Fellowship Award, so funding! Yaaay!

Congrats to Lycidas, Columbia is awesome! 

Hooray, Radcafe!! How awesome! I, too, have run out of upvotes...but I'm thrilled for you!

Yay!! More good news! Congratulations!

sooo, do we think UCR has room for two queer 19th C. Americanists or nah? :P

Dude, I hope so. Crossing my fingers for you! I actually applied to work with Professor Raheja (I also do some Native American studies) and Professor Tyler (feminism!!) so there should be room for you!!

But I was waitlisted at Davis last year, and was super bummed when I didn't get in. It's an amazing program, so be very proud and excited! 

Was wondering where that acceptance phone call was... B) Just got the call from NYU.

Admissions pouring in... Congratulations to all!

I really wasn't expecting an acceptance on a Saturday! I got an offer from Texas A&M. Full funding, 13k stipend, TA position, five years. This is the first decision of the season and it's VERY encouraging to begin with some positive news. While it's not my first choice, this is a real solid option for me. For Fall 2013, I didn't get any funded offers, so this is a very sweet victory. Gotta say though, I don't really love the idea of living in rural Texas but there are some very good people for me to work with at this program.

I have tons of questions about the program. There will be a recruitment weekend March 23-24. In the mean time, should I start reaching out to POIs and getting a read on what to expect if I do plan to attend?