Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

Probably you got the same email from the DGS that I just did, but in case they're sending it out piecemeal, it looks like their admit stuff is going to be the 18th-19th (W-Th) of March....

Thanks descendingblue, I just heard further and looks like that's right. I probably am not going to be able to make those days, because I'm across a big cold ocean from Brown in March. Let me know how it goes!

Welp, I'm on "high on the waitlist" for funding at GSU. The DGS told me to pretty much expect things to work out, so for the sake of my continuing sanity I'm going to assume this means I will be starting a program in the fall. 

I have no idea where news like this goes, so I apologize if I have chosen...poorly.

indiana_jones_grail_knight3%5B1%5D.previ

Welp, I'm on "high on the waitlist" for funding at GSU. The DGS told me to pretty much expect things to work out, so for the sake of my continuing sanity I'm going to assume this means I will be starting a program in the fall. 

I have no idea where news like this goes, so I apologize if I have chosen...poorly.

Okay, now I'm really wondering why no one has responded to my email from GSU. May I ask the person you emailed, Hannalore? And In Hac? 

Edited by obrial42

I just talked to a friend who has a PhD from Ku, where I'm finishing my master's. She warned me that Davis (the school I'm leaning toward right now) is going to be a lot harder than Ku. What do you guys think of this statement? Should I be scared?

I just talked to a friend who has a PhD from Ku, where I'm finishing my master's. She warned me that Davis (the school I'm leaning toward right now) is going to be a lot harder than Ku. What do you guys think of this statement? Should I be scared?

1. Yay Davis leaning!

2. Personally, I hope it's harder. Shouldn't the PhD be, like, the hardest thing we've ever done?

Okay, now I'm really wondering why no one has responded to my email from GSU. May I ask the person you emailed, Hannalore? And In Hac? 

I assume the same person as In Hac ended up with, I just sent an email straight to the English DGS.

Congrats Caroline and Lycidas!

This fines for any Boston admits, but as a six year resident (four of those in Boston proper), I'm happy to share any info via PM.

It's funny, I was just saying correspondence is common in Saturdays, but I'm shocked by the number of Sunday notifications this year!

And good luck to all the OSU fellow nominees!

Got accepted to KU's PhD program today w/ a fellowship. I won't be accepting, so hopefully a waitlister will be made happy. :) (Has anyone applied to KU? I don't see it in anyone's signatures)

I applied to Kansas but have heard nary a word! Though I am rhet/comp, which might not be the same field as you.

And congratulations on your acceptance, CarolineKS!

Edited by mmmscience

I applied to Kansas but have heard nary a word! Though I am rhet/comp, which might not be the same field as you.

Nope, I'm lit. Good luck on the rhet/comp application. Our program for that is awesome (I'm at KU for an MA right now) and our rhet/comp faculty and students are the nicest in the whole department.