Applying for Neuroscience/Neurobiology Ph.D. programs for Fall 2015

NWFreeheel11

Would not worry, it is still very early in the game. I would imagine that most programs are still reviewing applications and sending out invites on a rolling basis. 

I know I should not worry or stress, but try as I might.... STRESS!!!1 :o

hey everyone,

i'm new here! got an email today from uc denver neuroscience saying that i wasn't chosen for the "first round" of interviews but that my application would remain "open and on file" and that they would contact me if they needed more information. not a rejection but i don't really know what to make of it- they don't really seem to have anything to gain by letting me down easy. any thoughts?

Does anyone with a recent interview invite care to share when they submitted their app? 

As an international student UW requested that I apply before Nov 1st! Considering I like pushing deadlines, I submitted it Oct 31st and did not celebrate Halloween! For other schools I generally applied around Nov 30th...

Does anyone with a recent interview invite care to share when they submitted their app? 

I submitted all of mine before Thanksgiving (mainly because I was traveling and didn't want to stress about them while I was home). I think the earliest I submitted was on the 22nd of November

I submitted between Nov 22-26, but I only have one interview invite (5 of the programs I applied to have sent them out though).   :unsure:

Don't think it makes much difference when you hit submit -unless program explicitly states that they review apps as they get them and give interviews on a rolling basis in which case it might be best to submit as early as possible. I submitted for Emory the day before it was due and got an interview invite. 

Edited by sxk055

I just emailed and confirmed for the Feb 3-4 interview session at UW! Maybe I'll meet some of you there!
Even though I got an interview I am still anxiously refreshing my email button every few minutes... Good luck to everyone, hope some emails get sent today...

Does anyone have an idea about when Irvine will be sending out invites? I hear they spread theirs out more than other schools, but I was expecting some to start going out this week. I haven't heard anything thus far though.

Does anyone have an idea about when Irvine will be sending out invites? I hear they spread theirs out more than other schools, but I was expecting some to start going out this week. I haven't heard anything thus far though.

I've been wondering the same thing but after going through the past interview invite dates, they historically send out invites this week. Hopefully we'll start hearing from them soon.

I am waiting for Irvine too. From what I have seen, they tend to start sending out emails after their school quarter ends. So looks like it should be sometime this weekend into next week. *Fingers Crossed*

I think today could be THE day for the UCSF people who haven't heard back yet.

But I only think this because last year interview invites and rejections were sent out during the third week of December on Wednesday. 

Probably freaking out too much… Good luck to everyone  :wub:

I think today could be THE day for the UCSF people who haven't heard back yet.

But I only think this because last year interview invites and rejections were sent out during the third week of December on Wednesday. 

Probably freaking out too much… Good luck to everyone  :wub:

Good Luck M.!

Since I need to hear back from a lot of Cali schools and I'm on the east coast I keep looking at the clock and subtracting three hours and trying to figure out what time during the day they'll send out e-mails lol.

Good Luck M.!

Since I need to hear back from a lot of Cali schools and I'm on the east coast I keep looking at the clock and subtracting three hours and trying to figure out what time during the day they'll send out e-mails lol.

Literally thought I was the only one doing this... Lol. I'm also on the East Coast and the time difference is killing me. I immediately check my email then remember they are probably not in their office yet.

Literally thought I was the only one doing this... Lol. I'm also on the East Coast and the time difference is killing me. I immediately check my email then remember they are probably not in their office yet.

Hahaha, it's so bad because I check at around 9 a.m. even though I am aware that even east coast schools won't have done anything yet, and then I just say to myself, "they're probably still sleeping.....they should get up and e-mail me." hahaha

Hahaha, it's so bad because I check at around 9 a.m. even though I am aware that even east coast schools won't have done anything yet, and then I just say to myself, "they're probably still sleeping.....they should get up and e-mail me." hahaha

I leave lab at 6 or 7 and because we're 3 hours ahead…. I immediately open up my laptop when I get home. I feel like an absolute crazy person. 

I've been wondering the same thing but after going through the past interview invite dates, they historically send out invites this week. Hopefully we'll start hearing from them soon.

I am waiting for Irvine too. From what I have seen, they tend to start sending out emails after their school quarter ends. So looks like it should be sometime this weekend into next week. *Fingers Crossed*

Glad I'm not the only one worried ha. Thanks for the input. I hope I get one. I had lunch with my POI at SfN and we've been talking a bit through email as well. He seemed confident that I'd get invited for sure. However, my undergrad background is in psyc (now a master's student working in a behavioral neuro lab though). I doubt that'd go over well with a committee. Anyway, I'll be sure to post here as soon as I hear anything. Good luck!