Applying for Neuroscience/Neurobiology Ph.D. programs for Fall 2015

NWFreeheel11

BTW, I emailed Tera (to check if she had received my reimbursement paperwork as well), and she said the admissions committee will be sending out their decisions this week. Although knowing this may make waiting actually worse haha.

Oh great, thanks! I'm even more nervous now but at least we know when it will be. Good luck!

I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about NYU on the board in a while. Any applicants to the Neural Science PhD? I know the Sackler (Neuroscience) and NYU Neural Science (CNS) applications are reviewed concomitantly and I saw someone post this on the results page:

• Called the admissions office on 1/26. They said that my application was still under review and that I would hear back no later than mid-February. They confirmed that they were still sending out interview invitations.

Last week several people posted hearing rejections from Sackler but no one posted interviews invites, and few people have explicitly mentioned anything about CNS  since december (although I suspect some of the posts labelled "Neuroscience" are applications to CNS). Still haven't heard anything since I was told my application was complete after I submitted my materials.

Edited by rahmson

Yes! Carnegie Mellon...are the dates you mentioned for the CNBC doctoral program?  I'm sorry I wasn't very clear in my initial post.  I'm wondering about CMU's Psychology PhD program.  I applied emphasizing cognitive neuroscience and also, applied to their CNBC training program...

Heard from CNBC yet?

I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about NYU on the board in a while. Any applicants to the Neural Science PhD? I know the Sackler (Neuroscience) and NYU Neural Science (CNS) applications are reviewed concomitantly and I saw someone post this on the results page:

• Called the admissions office on 1/26. They said that my application was still under review and that I would hear back no later than mid-February. They confirmed that they were still sending out interview invitations.

Last week several people posted hearing rejections from Sackler but no one posted interviews invites, and few people have explicitly mentioned anything about CNS  since december (although I suspect some of the posts labelled "Neuroscience" are applications to CNS). Still haven't heard anything since I was told my application was complete after I submitted my materials.

I applied to NYU neural science. I received the interview invitation just before Christmas, and they offered interview dates of Feb. 5-6 or 26-27. I think the timeline is a bit later for international students, but otherwise I'm not sure.

Just got a rejection as well :( idk what happened, I thought the interview went great! Oh well, now I have to figure out what to do with my life...

I'm sorry :( Same here, I was surprised that I got an outright rejection. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

No, I haven't heard of anything post-interview for Dartmouth PBS or for Texas A&M (TAMIN). I haven't heard anything in general (no interview) for BU's GPN.

Have you heard back from Dartmouth yet?

Has anyone else heard back from any of these? The silence is driving me crazy :(

I haven't heard from BU, but I do know someone who got invited to the interview weekend a while ago.

I think I read somewhere that NYU made all decisions by Feb 15 for that program :\ I heard back from them before that

OHSU this weekend, anyone? I'm excited! Although two days of interviews is different...

I'll be there! Also, you can get a companion fish at the hotel! Direct from the website:

Guppy Love
Traveling without your pet? How about a little Guppy Love instead? 
Can't bring Spot or Kitty this time? Not to worry - we can bring you a complimentary goldfish to keep you company. Sometimes a little extra color, companionship and quiet relaxation are all you need. And without any extra effort - our staff is trained to feed and care for the fish so all you need to do is enjoy.

Haha only in Portland :)

I'll be there! Also, you can get a companion fish at the hotel! Direct from the website:

Guppy Love
Traveling without your pet? How about a little Guppy Love instead? 
Can't bring Spot or Kitty this time? Not to worry - we can bring you a complimentary goldfish to keep you company. Sometimes a little extra color, companionship and quiet relaxation are all you need. And without any extra effort - our staff is trained to feed and care for the fish so all you need to do is enjoy.

Haha only in Portland :)

My airport pick-up just emailed me to tell me about the companion goldfish, too! Hilarious introduction to Portland.

See you soon!

I think I read somewhere that NYU made all decisions by Feb 15 for that program :\ I heard back from them before that

NYU is having a committee meeting this Wednesday, so not all rejections/acceptances have been sent out. No more interview invites will be going out, as both of our interview weekends have finished (this weekend was the last one). Source: I'm a current student

NYU is having a committee meeting this Wednesday, so not all rejections/acceptances have been sent out. No more interview invites will be going out, as both of our interview weekends have finished (this weekend was the last one). Source: I'm a current student

Is this regarding Neuroscience (CNS) department, or in general?

Oops! Sorry I was unclear, yeah, I was talking about interview invites :x

Has anyone else not heard anything back from Duke (CNAP or P&N)?

I also haven't heard anything from Duke. I applied to SINS in P&N. I didn't have an interview, so I guess they're just being slow about rejecting me