Harvard 2015 Psych Applicants

Freudian_Slip

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

This is my first post not only in this topic, but also in the website. :-)

I am admitted to Harvard's Brain, Cognition, and Behavior. Anyone else with the same status?

Edited by Kavosh8

• 10 months later...

Just so you all know, Harvard doesn't necessarily have an "interview weekend" where the applicants gather and such, your POI will contact you if they have funding/ are accepting students/ have interest in you (implied). 

Oh god I did not read the dates...anyways, still applies. 

Edited by TenaciousBushLeaper

13 minutes ago, TenaciousBushLeaper said:

Just so you all know, Harvard doesn't necessarily have an "interview weekend" where the applicants gather and such, your POI will contact you if they have funding/ are accepting students/ have interest in you (implied). 

Oh god I did not read the dates...anyways, still applies. 

@TenaciousBushLeaper Do you know if POIs are still reaching out, by any chance? Seems like it's a broad window based on last year, but since several have received interviews scattered over the past 10 days or so, I don't know if that window's closing soon..?

44 minutes ago, Freudian_Slip said:

@TenaciousBushLeaper Do you know if POIs are still reaching out, by any chance? Seems like it's a broad window based on last year, but since several have received interviews scattered over the past 10 days or so, I don't know if that window's closing soon..?

Just to be clear, I'm not at Harvard,  I just  happen to know a few people, so I cannot provide a clear answer here ;[

21 minutes ago, TenaciousBushLeaper said:

Just to be clear, I'm not at Harvard,  I just  happen to know a few people, so I cannot provide a clear answer here ;[

No problem, thanks. Harvard has got to be one of the most ambiguous, unsystematic, frustrating programs. PIs can't tell you if they're taking students before you blow a $100 app fee and the time to complete your app. Seemingly no formal interview weekend. PIs can email randomly anytime within a month period. Grrr..

12 hours ago, Freudian_Slip said:

No problem, thanks. Harvard has got to be one of the most ambiguous, unsystematic, frustrating programs. PIs can't tell you if they're taking students before you blow a $100 app fee and the time to complete your app. Seemingly no formal interview weekend. PIs can email randomly anytime within a month period. Grrr..

Pro-Tip: Next time, focus your time and energy on funded Ph.D Psychology programs at public universities instead

4 hours ago, JoePianist said:

Pro-Tip: Next time, focus your time and energy on funded Ph.D Psychology programs at public universities instead

Not sure what you mean by "funded", but make no mistake, there is no phd student at Harvard who isn't funded, in fact the reason why things are so ambiguous and unsystematic is because they have so much damn money. Also I believe the Harvard site explicitly states that all phd students are guaranteed funding for 5 years. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/28/2015 at 3:20 PM, PsychedOut30 said:

On 1/27/2015 at 8:15 PM, constant_wanderer said:

After confirming with the department staff that no mass invites have been extended, I emailed my POI, who was generally incredibly friendly and responsive previously, and was met with silence. I presume he's still reviewing…

My general strategy is to call the secretarial staff before emailing POIs, just to confirm the invitations haven't been sent before chasing after profs.

This Harvard situation… Stressful is not the word. 

@constant_wanderer: Can you PM me your POI? Thanks!

On 2/1/2015 at 11:15 PM, bedover said:

I guess probably should just forget about it now...

I was told that the decision for Harvard Clinical is made a while after the deadline. Not sure what the process is, but I say let's give it some more time. Good luck to us!