2015 Rejections

Whelp, my official rejection from Michigan just came in. Not in the least bit surprised, but yeah, there it is, darkening my inbox.

Yep, mine too. Also no surprise at this point.

But Yopie Prins would have been great to work with. -_-

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Got the official rejection from BU yesterday. And by yesterday I mean it sent last week but ended up in my spam folder! I figured it wasn't meant to be, but god I would have killed to work with Marie Satya McDonough! There are so few professors in top schools who are seriously interested in graphic fiction!

I honestly just want to know if working with Salamishah Tillet is an option for me in life. Otherwise, same...

I figure I will give them until the end of the week and then move on.

Random check on Rutgers app: status show Denied. 

Ugh. Still waiting for an admit or good news from my waitlisted school. 

Received the same terse rejection when I checked. Oh well. 

Random check on Rutgers app: status show Denied. 

Ugh. Still waiting for an admit or good news from my waitlisted school. 

Ah, thanks for mentioning this. I just checked now as well and see I've been definitively "denied."

Got the official Yale rejection. Sadly it looks like rejection season has begun

Yup. Me too.

One of the nice things about "implied" rejections is that they really DO take the sting out of the real thing. Yale was my top choice, yet seeing the email come through evinced no more than a shoulder shrug on my part, since I had already written them off.

A little surprised to see a Yale acceptance up there though, unless it was a misclick? Hmm...

One of the nice things about "implied" rejections is that they really DO take the sting out of the real thing. Yale was my top choice, yet seeing the email come through evinced no more than a shoulder shrug on my part, since I had already written them off.

Personally I think my implied rejections have felt more like a bullet through the chest when they've been converted to the real kind but I still agree with you. It's quick and the pain subsides relatively quickly.

(that being said I'm still going to use today's rejection from Cornell as an excuse to eat ice cream and watch Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani)

Personally I think my implied rejections have felt more like a bullet through the chest when they've been converted to the real kind but I still agree with you. It's quick and the pain subsides relatively quickly.

(that being said I'm still going to use today's rejection from Cornell as an excuse to eat ice cream and watch Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani)

Blah. Sorry Katla.

(tight hugs)

rejected from UC Santa Cruz's MA program. This one comes as a bit of a surprise-- my GRE verbal and writing scores are perfect, I have a strong GPA, and had already been given lovely offers from NYU and PSU as well as an acceptance at UMD. I suspect I overplayed or was too theatrical in my answering of all the "diversity" questions (to which I personally/ethnically/culturally really do have a strong claim).

Either that, or the department was truly concerned with the question of "fit". I could see why my work might feel too socially-disengaged/aloof/ivory-tower-ish for their mold, but I had gone in with the expectation that my interest in formalism/consciousness would have gelled well with all the folks with hands in the History of Consciousness department there. 

Nonetheless a bit of a headscratcher for me, especially considering there have been no admits posted on the boards yet

Edited by djb1993djb

rejected from UC Santa Cruz's MA program. This one comes as a bit of a surprise-- my GRE verbal and writing scores are perfect, I have a strong GPA, and had already been given lovely offers from NYU and PSU as well as an acceptance at UMD. I suspect I overplayed or was too theatrical in my answering of all the "diversity" questions (to which I personally/ethnically/culturally really do have a strong claim).

Either that, or the department was truly concerned with the question of "fit". I could see why my work might feel too socially-disengaged/aloof/ivory-tower-ish for their mold, but I had gone in with the expectation that my interest in formalism/consciousness would have gelled well with all the folks with hands in the History of Consciousness department there. 

Nonetheless a bit of a headscratcher for me, especially considering there have been no admits posted on the boards yet

Looking at the results boards, I'm proud that I haven't seen the brattiness in posts of English rejections that I see in some of the other fields.

Sheeesh! Entitlement!

You were saying?