What University And Program Will You Be Attending for Fall 2015 (English/Complit/Rhet/Interdisc)?

Isn't this thread amazing? This time last year we were all swapping GRE study guide tips, and now.... Like, nine months ago, unraed and hreathemus were joking about the fact that they may eventually join the same cohort ha ha ha and now it's actually happening. Congratulations, everyone!

Congratulations to all! It's so wonderful to see all of the remarkable horizons that are opening up for the many lovely & collegial folks on this board.

I’m happy to report that I will begin doctoral studies at the University of Toronto in the fall! :)

&, of course, my best wishes to everyone still hoping for good news!

Ah! I'm so jealous! Congratulations!

Man, I hope you hear about funding soon so you can come too! I'm sending lots of good vibes your way.

I will be attending Toronto's English program this fall. Time to get some serious winter wear!

A hearty congrats! I'm so jealous that you may possibly get some office space in the Robarts stacks. That has been my dream since I was a wee undergrad! And welcome (by proxy) to the snowy north :)

635611994959184549-40517462_randy-snow-s

Not sure if I offered before but feel free to PM me with any questions, in case you don't already have connections in TO. 

Thanks so much, 1Q84. I, again, am out of upvotes or else I would upvote your post. 

Though I am from British Columbia myself, most of my Canadian family is from and currently lives in Ontario - Richmond Hill, London, Sarnia, and Windsor primarily - so I am quite familiar with Toronto and Ontario in general. One of the reasons I applied to Toronto is because (despite the cold weathers and humid summers) I really adore Toronto as a city, and would really like to live there. I lived there very briefly a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. 

Nervous, slightly overwhelmed, and happy all at once!

Congrats again on USC! Great school, and I will be very jealous of you during Toronto's cold winters. :)

Though I am from British Columbia myself, most of my Canadian family is from and currently lives in Ontario - Richmond Hill, London, Sarnia, and Windsor primarily - so I am quite familiar with Toronto and Ontario in general. One of the reasons I applied to Toronto is because (despite the cold weathers and humid summers) I really adore Toronto as a city, and would really like to live there. I lived there very briefly a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much.

Did I know this already? I think I should have known this already. I must have. Fellow British Columbian here, in case I haven't mentioned it before. :D

And congrats again! At least you'll fit in by cheering against the Maple Leafs these days. ;)

Did I know this already? I think I should have known this already. I must have. Fellow British Columbian here, in case I haven't mentioned it before. :D

And congrats again! At least you'll fit in by cheering against the Maple Leafs these days. ;)

There have been so many conversations on GC so of course it can be hard to remember, but I think we did briefly talk about our BC background and also had a brief hockey talk as well. Speaking of which, I will definitely be taking my Canucks jersey with me when I go. :)

Heading for Seattle this autumn :D Excitement ahoy!

Congrats! It's a lovely city, though I hope you don't mind the rain! You'll have to make occasional excursions up to Vancouver as well...only a 2.5 hour drive up the I-5.

Congrats! I lived in Seattle for quite a long time, and I miss it constantly. I also have a close family member who works at UW (though not as a prof), and they adore it! Portland, OR and, as WT said, Vancouver, BC are only a few hours away by car or train as well - two awesome potential road trips right there! :)

P.S. If you have any questions about the city, don't hesitate to send me a message.

Lived in Seattle for a few years, and miss it ferociously. Happy trails in the Emerald Shitty!