THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!

This is definitely torture!  I can't wait to hear back (from one program in particular), but at the same time I know as the decisions draw near, I will be so nervous!  One of the most exciting/nerve-wracking experiences of my life.  So much on the line.  At least life isn't boring! ;-p

The other day I suddenly became worried that my application essays were horrible, or that maybe one of my references said I was not fit for grad school. It's so absurd because I spent endless amounts of time writing my essays and I know my LOR writers so well... why am I so paranoid?! 

haha because it's completely normal to be paranoid when you have so much on the line. And most professors in the past have said that it would be unethical to write a bad letter of rec and they would instead decline to write one if asked by someone they were unsure about. 

Amen. It's nice to know we're all in the same boat I guess! I'm sooo ready for March, though nervous what the outcomes will be. I'm tired of telling people that I hope to have positive news soon but nothing yet over and over. 

Yes! I also re read my statements and ponder on what my professors said about me? Ahh I'm glad we at least know what we are going through because I know my family and boyfriend are sick and tired of me talking about the same old thing! But this is a huge deal and I'm glad we all can relate! I think I'm going to try and distract myself, but I just can't help but THINK ABOUT IT!!! :blink:

It might sound weird, but it will be a very strange feeling when all of this waiting is over. It has become such a consuming part of life! Haha. I think I have doubted almost every part of my application since I've been waiting. I have avoided opening my personal statements because I'm scared I will see mistakes on them. I have also went a little overboard and made a document on my computer with my programs' dates that they sent out decisions from past years. Yep, I have hit rock bottom. Isn't admitting you have a problem the first step to recovery or something like that? I accept my neurotic tendencies! 

Edited by neuronparty

I think we're all a little neurotic at this point! I also made a sheet that contains all of the dates that my schools sent out admissions last year as well so don't feel bad. Maybe we're all just crazy type A personalities?

You're not the only one who made a document with when schools sent out decisions last year!!! I've also been obsessively checking the results search for each of my schools even though I know for a fact nothing will be going out for at least a week. You guys aren't the only crazy ones.  :P

I feel like I know you all! I have done the same things and constantly check the results search even though the document I made predicts I still have a few weeks to wait. 

:blink:

When I have nervous energy, I work out. This is something new I started doing and I am very happy with the effect it has on my anxious feelings.

Good luck to everyone!