Waiting it out: Munk School MGA (Toronto) Fall 2015

IRbuff

I was declined from the MAGG as well - I was told when I called/emailed that they had already released acceptances prior to processing all other applicants (save for a few admits that were still stuck in processing on Quest).

It's a competitive program with 15-20 spots each year, so as much as I would have loved an acceptance the decision is understandable. Onward an upward!

Sorry to hear everyone, I was rejected as well. Hence, I will be going to Munk. I found it weird that "they had already released acceptances prior to processing all other applicants" especially considering that application fee was paid to at least review the application. Is that not a bit suspect?

Sorry to hear everyone, I was rejected as well. Hence, I will be going to Munk. I found it weird that "they had already released acceptances prior to processing all other applicants" especially considering that application fee was paid to at least review the application. Is that not a bit suspect?

Yeah, I was rejected, too. I signed my Munk acceptance this morning. It is a bit odd considering your acceptances so far. To get in all of those bar BSIA is strange, but an accomplishment nonetheless. I focused all of my attention on the BSIA application and wrote a very detailed SOP that reflected the programme and the work they produced. I had an 88.5/100 GPA according to their department. My references were stellar, and one of my references is fairly accomplished in Global Governance. A bit disappointing to just get a standard "Thanks, but no thanks" response after $100 and 2 months. 

Yeah, I was rejected, too. I signed my Munk acceptance this morning. It is a bit odd considering your acceptances so far. To get in all of those bar BSIA is strange, but an accomplishment nonetheless. I focused all of my attention on the BSIA application and wrote a very detailed SOP that reflected the programme and the work they produced. I had an 88.5/100 GPA according to their department. My references were stellar, and one of my references is fairly accomplished in Global Governance. A bit disappointing to just get a standard "Thanks, but no thanks" response after $100 and 2 months. 

Hey!! Awesome, I am looking forward to meeting you! Will be sending in my acceptance the moment I become not so lazy enough to sign the form, scan it, and send it (probably in another 1- 2 days).

Hahaha, also, with regards to BSIA: It's not so much the rejection that I am uncomfortable with (I would not have gone even with an acceptance), its more that if people pay for an application to be reviewed, it SHOULD be reviewed regardless of  the end result. 

Edited by IRbuff

By that they meant that they had already released acceptances prior to releasing declines - likely in case someone said no they could pull from a waitlist. That's how it was explained anyways, poor wording on my part - sorry!

They reviewed everyones application but acceptances were sent out ahead of declines, because when I called two weeks ago they said that those who had been accepted had already had that decision uploaded through Quest and that they would release the other results "soon" - which was evidently the last few days haha

oh! Well that clears it up. Thanks and good luck!

I got rejected from Balsillie's magg as well. A little disappointed, but consoled by offers from Balsillie's mipp and Munk. I think I'll be choosing Munk too. Will get to sending my acceptance form as soon as this bloody semester is over. Three more days. Don't want to be too hasty, but wouldn't it be wise to set up a Facebook group of some sort? 

I got rejected from Balsillie's magg as well. A little disappointed, but consoled by offers from Balsillie's mipp and Munk. I think I'll be choosing Munk too. Will get to sending my acceptance form as soon as this bloody semester is over. Three more days. Don't want to be too hasty, but wouldn't it be wise to set up a Facebook group of some sort? 

I dont think we need to. I have been in touch with some current MGA students and they said they will set up a fb page for us once we have accepted and stuff. 

Does anyone know when the next round of offers will be sent out? I am still waiting on this program and I got early April deadlines to accept other offers...

I dont think we need to. I have been in touch with some current MGA students and they said they will set up a fb page for us once we have accepted and stuff. 

Alright, that works fine.

they're still sending out acceptances for balsillie! i just got mine right now!

Congratulations, very happy for you!!! I gather you will be going to Balsillie then?

So, what is everyone who has accepted thinking for their living situation next year? I'm debating schools still, but seriously concerned about what to do living wise if I come to Toronto

So, what is everyone who has accepted thinking for their living situation next year? I'm debating schools still, but seriously concerned about what to do living wise if I come to Toronto

I`ve applied to residence. We shall see how it goes :/ . Hopefully Grad housing comes through. If not, I shall take it a step at a time. Anyone got ideas?

I`ve applied to residence. We shall see how it goes :/ . Hopefully Grad housing comes through. If not, I shall take it a step at a time. Anyone got ideas?

Yeah that was what I as thinking as well, but the unknown has me a little worried.

Yeah that was what I as thinking as well, but the unknown has me a little worried.

I know, it is making me nervous. But people take too much tension, things will work out. Just gotta not panic and look at options...I think...

Congratulations, very happy for you!!! I gather you will be going to Balsillie then?

i havent decided yet but balsillie is definitely a top contender. im going to take the next few days to think it through. 

im really thrown off by these admissions committees. i dont know how i was offered admission to some programs above some other applicants with much higher stats than me. i also dont know why Munk and GSPIA offered me no funding whatsoever, yet npsia offered me 15k in scholarships, and balsillie offered me a CIGI fellowship (15k) plus scholarships. These admissions committees almost seem very arbitrary at times!!!! :wacko:

i havent decided yet but balsillie is definitely a top contender. im going to take the next few days to think it through. 

im really thrown off by these admissions committees. i dont know how i was offered admission to some programs above some other applicants with much higher stats than me. i also dont know why Munk and GSPIA offered me no funding whatsoever, yet npsia offered me 15k in scholarships, and balsillie offered me a CIGI fellowship (15k) plus scholarships. These admissions committees almost seem very arbitrary at times!!!! :wacko:

Decisions are hard. No denying. Let me help you: come to Munk --> Join us, join us, join us. No pressure...

Edited by IRbuff

Or Munk?

Hey, so first round acceptance deadline is May 1. So, I suppose that if people start rejecting their offers early on you will hear back sooner. Good luck!

they're still sending out acceptances for balsillie! i just got mine right now!

Was this for the MAGG or MIPP? Also did they email you to inform you?