Waiting it out: Munk School MGA (Toronto) Fall 2015

IRbuff

Just received an unofficial admission offer, with some funding. It's surprisingly generous: $10,000. Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

Interesting. I was extended an offer last week, but the e-mail indicated that funding decisions would be made in mid-March.

Do you know what the award/scholarship/fellowship is? Any other noteworthy information?

Interesting. I was extended an offer last week, but the e-mail indicated that funding decisions would be made in mid-March.

Do you know what the award/scholarship/fellowship is? Any other noteworthy information?

It just says it's the MGA scholarship. I hadn't applied to any other (external) scholarships — I'm not very sure, but that could have influenced their decision. I'm also an international student, though I'm not sure if that's an advantage or a disadvantage in these circumstances. As for GPA, experience, all that stuff: I'm very average. Strong references, and an equally strong statement of intent, though.  

It just says it's the MGA scholarship. I hadn't applied to any other (external) scholarships — I'm not very sure, but that could have influenced their decision. I'm also an international student, though I'm not sure if that's an advantage or a disadvantage in these circumstances. As for GPA, experience, all that stuff: I'm very average. Strong references, and an equally strong statement of intent, though.  

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

If you don't mind me asking: who from the Munk School sent the e-mail?

Good luck to people still waiting to hear! When i talked to Megan last week she said they will continue sending out results over a 2 week period. So, this is just week one. Still more to come!

Just received an unofficial admission offer, with some funding. It's surprisingly generous: $10,000. Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

Congrats to you too!

What would you say is standard funding?

I havent heard fback from the MGA program but I also applied to CERES at Munk School and got accepted. So I'm just weighing my options, concerned financially as U of T is so expensive. I knew that when I was applying but I didn't really think it through ....

Thanks and good luck to everyone :)

I was always under the impression that MGA is more 'professional' than academic oriented. I'm a CERES student if you have any questions.

Congrats, I wonder how you got your funding offer before everyone else, did you call them? 

Edit, just read the thread further, looks like funding decisions are starting to come out today for more people! That's super exciting.

Edited by Kamins0d

I didn't get anything today...

My mind is racing...."I will probably be rejected and that's why I haven't received anything yet."

Hang in there, its not over till its over. If you dont hear anything till tomorrow, try calling. Also remember, this is just week 1 of the "couple of weeks" over which Munk would send out results. (based on my call with them). Good luck!

Hang in there, its not over till its over. If you dont hear anything till tomorrow, try calling. Also remember, this is just week 1 of the "couple of weeks" over which Munk would send out results. (based on my call with them). Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement ;)

Some offers went out last Friday, for the record. (But you're absolutely right -- there is still plenty of time for offers to be extended.)

Some offers went out last Friday, for the record. (But you're absolutely right -- there is still plenty of time for offers to be extended.)

Haha yes I am aware, I had talked to them on that very same Friday, when they said "next couple of weeks" :)

Haha yes I am aware, I had talked to them on that very same Friday, when they said "next couple of weeks" :)

It's interesting that, at least in some case, (i) unofficial offers and (ii) financial decisions are going out at different times. IRbuff, you received *both* yesterday, correct?

I received an unofficial offer on Friday, but I've yet to hear anything about a financial decision. So weird!

Edited by Patient of Patience

It's interesting that, at least in some case, (i) unofficial offers and (ii) financial decisions are going out at different times. IRbuff, you received *both* yesterday, correct?

I received an unofficial offer on Friday, but I've yet to hear anything about a financial decision. So weird!

Yes you are correct. I did in fact receive both my acceptance and financial offer yesterday. Hope it works out for you!! Good luck!