MPH CANADA FALL 2015 APPLICANTS

mphcan2015

I also received a rejection from U of T Health Promotion today by email :(. Back in March I was told I was put on the wait list for Guelph and I'm still waiting to hear back from them now so fingers crossed for that.

Hi, about Guelph how did you come to know u were in the waitlist..!!Does your application states it in your student portal or did you call them?

Still haven't heard from uoft health promo:( does that mean im waitlisted?

me neither! I would expect it means we are. I wish I could know what position I'm on on the waitlist...but they don't seem to be that willing to give out information

Hi, about Guelph how did you come to know u were in the waitlist..!!Does your application states it in your student portal or did you call them?

They emailed me in mid March to let me know. 

me neither! I would expect it means we are. I wish I could know what position I'm on on the waitlist...but they don't seem to be that willing to give out information

I know :( i called so many times and even emailed them but they wont reply!

Got my rejection from U of T Epi today - so I guess it's back to Queen's I go... guess I can still wear my Queen's leather jacket for a little longer ha ha ha!

Does anyone know how many spots are available for the UofT health promotion program? I think I've also been waitlisted

Edited by grillz53

Planning on creating a Facebook group for everyone who will be at U of T for MPH in the fall! Turns out I can't create the group without knowing the name of at least one other member - so let me know if you'd like to join and I will set it up once I know at least one name :)

Hello! 

So I will be going to McMaster this September for their PH program. Very excited. 

Fellow Mac students, I'm assuming you got Fran's email this afternoon. Anyone commuting from the GTA? What do you guys think about living in Hamilton vs commuting for 3 days? I feel like I just moved so I so didn't really want to have to move back for 3 days...but the commute can be brutal sometimes..

Hello! 

So I will be going to McMaster this September for their PH program. Very excited. 

Fellow Mac students, I'm assuming you got Fran's email this afternoon. Anyone commuting from the GTA? What do you guys think about living in Hamilton vs commuting for 3 days? I feel like I just moved so I so didn't really want to have to move back for 3 days...but the commute can be brutal sometimes..

Hey, i will likely be commuting from GTA. sent you a pm.

Edited by CoolDude

Does anyone know how many spots are available for the UofT health promotion program? I think I've also been waitlisted

I believe there is around 30-35 spots in the health promotion program. 

I would love to make a Facebook group for all of us who will be attending Waterloo for the MPH program in the fall! PM me if you're interested so we can create one :) I am looking forward to meeting you all in August!

To everyone who's still waiting or wait listed, DON'T give up! I was personally wait listed for the UofT MPH (Occupational and Environment Health stream), and I was very disheartened because the program only admits 15 students a year. However, I still sent a polite email letting them know of my interest, and I just stayed hopeful. And after a month of waiting, I got accepted into it!! So stay positive everyone! You're not out of the race yet!

To everyone who's still waiting or wait listed, DON'T give up! I was personally wait listed for the UofT MPH (Occupational and Environment Health stream), and I was very disheartened because the program only admits 15 students a year. However, I still sent a polite email letting them know of my interest, and I just stayed hopeful. And after a month of waiting, I got accepted into it!! So stay positive everyone! You're not out of the race yet!

Uoft health promo still hasnt gotten back to me :( do you know when the latest date is for offers to be sent out?

Hey,

To those who are waiting for UofT health promo: the deadline for me to accept/reject my offer was May 27th (or 28th..I forget). So there may be spots opening up now-ish as people reject the offer. I declined the offer on that day.

Good luck

If you have been accepted to the MPH program (any specialization) at U of T for this fall, join this Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1409879339337950/

We can use this group to post about courses, practicums, anything public health related. Also feel free to post a bit about yourself so we can get to know each other before classes start :)

I accidentally ignored a request to join the Facebook group while half asleep, so if you haven't been accepted then please try joining again :)

For those going to UofA, did you enroll in SPH 101 yet?

I can't seem to find the class when I search for it on beartracks.

Have you had your meeting with Shona yet? I'm scheduling mine hopefully for next week and then I'll sign up. 

For those going to UofA, did you enroll in SPH 101 yet?

I can't seem to find the class when I search for it on beartracks.

Hello @sh722709
Are your BearTrack profile corrected to proper program? I still didn't get any reply from SPH. I got reply from Faculty of Graduate Studies, that I should wait for answer from SPH, but it's two weeks already and nothing.

Have you had your meeting with Shona yet? I'm scheduling mine hopefully for next week and then I'll sign up. 

@out.to.sea no not yet, I didn't think that was necessary until you start planning your courses. Is that what your meeting is for?

Hello @sh722709
Are your BearTrack profile corrected to proper program? I still didn't get any reply from SPH. I got reply from Faculty of Graduate Studies, that I should wait for answer from SPH, but it's two weeks already and nothing.

@Stasia yes it did! I got annoyed waiting on Monday so I emailed them asking when I could expect my official letter and I got a response ASAP but they were very confused at first. They said all letters went out on the 15th of May and to check my hotmail and SOPHAS account (which tells you nothing????) but I found mine in my ualberta account and it was only sent on Friday the 29th. I'd email SPH - the delays are nuts!