MPH CANADA FALL 2015 APPLICANTS

mphcan2015

@Stasia My Beartracks also had the wrong program, but I can't get on the website now to see if it has been changed yet. I was accepted to both the MPH and MSc back in April and then had to email a director my preference but my Beartracks was also wrong and said I chose MSc when I didn't. Then on the 15th I got a rejection letter from the MSc program but am still waiting on my MPH acceptance letter (which has been delayed for weeks now yet I've already got orientation emails).

I'd keep waiting - they seem to be having quite the trouble with SOPHAS and getting admission letters out.

Hi everyone, its been almost one year that I follow this forum, actually Im not canadian, I'm a medical doctor from Iran, and have applied for MPH fall 2015, but it seems that its more competitive for international graduates, ive been rejected from McMaster recently, but I haven't heard anything from U of T mph Epi, and Im so worried, is this means that I am in the waitlist? Or Im rejected? Dont they say emails or change the status on my profile? It still says "under review" in my U of T profile,

I would be happy if anyone could help me with this, thanks

Hello! 

I'd look through this forum and find people who have mentioned applying to U of T and then perhaps message them privately and ask them about someone to contact directly regarding your status. It's almost June, so you certainly should have an answer soon. 

Hi everyone, its been almost one year that I follow this forum, actually Im not canadian, I'm a medical doctor from Iran, and have applied for MPH fall 2015, but it seems that its more competitive for international graduates, ive been rejected from McMaster recently, but I haven't heard anything from U of T mph Epi, and Im so worried, is this means that I am in the waitlist? Or Im rejected? Dont they say emails or change the status on my profile? It still says "under review" in my U of T profile,

I would be happy if anyone could help me with this, thanks

Hi, I too donot belong to Canada, agree wid u here that selection process is a bit tricky for international students

N i also got rejected from 3 uni, moreover i called up UOT about they same issue, n was told the admission process continues till end of june.

Hope this helps

Hope u dnt mind me asking which other universities did u apply n wht is ur application status?

Edited by mphfall015

Just letting you guys know I was accepted to Queen's this morning off the wait list (I was told last week I was 7th on the list). If U of T does not get back to me soon, I will likely be accepting the offer. Congrats to everyone who applied and don't give up yet!

Just letting you guys know I was accepted to Queen's this morning off the wait list (I was told last week I was 7th on the list). If U of T does not get back to me soon, I will likely be accepting the offer. Congrats to everyone who applied and don't give up yet!

Hey aqueilo,

I was just wondering how you found out you were on the waitlist at Queen's - did you email them or did they contact you? I'm getting a bit nervous now because I haven't even heard anything about being on a waitlist but I haven't been rejected either. Has anyone received a rejection from Queen's? Thanks

I'm currently on the waitlist at SFU- has anyone has got in off the waitlist there?

Hey aqueilo,

I was just wondering how you found out you were on the waitlist at Queen's - did you email them or did they contact you? I'm getting a bit nervous now because I haven't even heard anything about being on a waitlist but I haven't been rejected either. Has anyone received a rejection from Queen's? Thanks

I'm currently on the waitlist at SFU- has anyone has got in off the waitlist there?

Hey!

I specifically contacted the graduate assistant (Gerri Lyman) on the 14th of May to inquire about my application and she took a few days (Monday was a holiday and such) and got back to me that Tuesday, saying I was waitlisted. I'm still waiting on U of T to get back to me, but I haven't heard either way from them. I think if you haven't been rejected by this point, you are waitlisted. One of my friends was rejected early May/end of April from Queen's, so if you want some peace of mind you can email Gerri and she can let you know for sure.

Hello everyone...if anyone can please help me figure this out i would really appreciate it...i've been accepted into a thesis based global health at mcmaster university as well as coursed based mph at western and i don't know which program to take. i am very interested in pursuing a phd in health policy which i think i can do by going into global health. however i dont know what the job opportunities will be like in case i dont get into the phd program. on the other hand western mph will give me great job opportunities i think but because it has no research based courses, i dont think it will sufficiently prepare me for a phd. what do you guys think i should do?

Does anyone know what job prospects are for MPH grads in Canada? specifically those in health policy on a provincial/national level (aka in government)... i'm contemplating doing a 2 year MPH vs. a JD/MPH... not sure which path to go on. A 2 year MPH is shorter and less expensive, but I dont know how many opportunities are available to MPH policy-focused grads. A JD/MPH will be a huge investment of time and money, but I wonder if there will be more doors open to work in the public sector as a policy maker, informer, consultant, advocate etc... 

Thoughts? 

Did anyone receive an official rejection from U of T MPH Epi? From reading this forum it appears that people have either been accepted, or remain "under review" (like me). Can anyone clarify? I'm starting to get extremely antsy!

Did anyone receive an official rejection from U of T MPH Epi? From reading this forum it appears that people have either been accepted, or remain "under review" (like me). Can anyone clarify? I'm starting to get extremely antsy!

They won't respond to any emails or anything either :\

Hey!

I specifically contacted the graduate assistant (Gerri Lyman) on the 14th of May to inquire about my application and she took a few days (Monday was a holiday and such) and got back to me that Tuesday, saying I was waitlisted. I'm still waiting on U of T to get back to me, but I haven't heard either way from them. I think if you haven't been rejected by this point, you are waitlisted. One of my friends was rejected early May/end of April from Queen's, so if you want some peace of mind you can email Gerri and she can let you know for sure.

Thanks so much! I contacted her at the end of April about sending my final transcripts and an update on the admissions but she didn't have much to say at that point. I might wait a week or so and then try emailing her again about my status on the waitlist. 

I just got into U of T MPH Epi!  I already accepted McGill and signed a lease in Montreal.. so I guess I will be going there.  But still, jeeze, why did you take so long U of T?! I might have picked you!

I just got into U of T MPH Epi!  I already accepted McGill and signed a lease in Montreal.. so I guess I will be going there.  But still, jeeze, why did you take so long U of T?! I might have picked you!

Congratulations!

Congrats! Did you find out by email or snail mail??

Canada needs to avail more spots in their graduate programs it's almost like they expect people to get jobs after completing a Bachelors degree. I am sorry but that's impossible unless you are in a specialized bachelors program or are an engineer I don't think you'll get a job after a mere four years of undergrad. This is obviously me venting but it's annoying to see such an amazing country has so few opportunities in graduate programs. 

Canada needs to avail more spots in their graduate programs it's almost like they expect people to get jobs after completing a Bachelors degree. I am sorry but that's impossible unless you are in a specialized bachelors program or are an engineer I don't think you'll get a job after a mere four years of undergrad. This is obviously me venting but it's annoying to see such an amazing country has so few opportunities in graduate programs. 

Go to America! Land of dreams! All jokes aside, I totally agree. It's really frustrating.

I agree... it is quite frustrating. Especially when you have the catch-22 of 'need experience for the job, can't get experience without a job". 

I had the same concern. I called the other day, and they said that they have sent out a few rejections!

I also received a rejection from U of T Health Promotion today by email  :(. Back in March I was told I was put on the wait list for Guelph and I'm still waiting to hear back from them now so fingers crossed for that.