Oregon Schools 2015

Agreed that 700 is a lot of applicants.  Also agree that not all applicants are well qualified.  I can't tell you that what is on EdFind is current or accurate, but I can tell you I have a pretty good idea of the faculty member who told an entire class of us how many applicants they received.  Best of luck to everyone - cheers! 

Does portland state send funding decisions along with acceptances or at a later date?

I just received a letter of acceptance (woot!), but no funding offers were made at the time. It did, however, say "A faculty member will be communicating with you directly to congratulate you on your admission and to serve as your contact for program questions," which is interesting and pretty cool.

Congrats! How do you know no funding was offered? Are you a psu student?

I graduated from PSU in December 2013 and then took a year off before grad school. There was no mention of funding in the acceptance letter, but perhaps they'll contact later? Oregon schools are pretty poorly funded, though, so I'm not banking on it. 

Just got my acceptance to PSU this morning. So very excited. Will be accepting if U of O does not come through. Any thoughts on on-campus living for those of you who are current PSU students?

Feeling really nervous now that other people have been accepted to PSU! I applied last year and was waitlisted. I knew it was a longshot after I heard that a ton more people applied this year, but I was feeling hopeful. It's not looking too good now though  :unsure:

Edited by graceSLP

Feeling really nervous now that other people have been accepted to PSU! I applied last year and was waitlisted. I knew it was a longshot after I heard that a ton more people applied this year, but I was feeling hopeful. It's not looking too good now though  :unsure:

I haven't heard from PSU yet but apparently lots of people have? This doesn't look good :/ 

I haven't heard back from them either so I'm also assuming the worst. I'm so tired of getting rejections.  :(

I know from last year, acceptances go out first then waitlists. Waitlist emails will inform you where in the list you're situated- top third, middle, low third. Good luck! 

I haven't heard back from them either so I'm also assuming the worst. I'm so tired of getting rejections.  :(

I haven't heard from PSU yet but apparently lots of people have? This doesn't look good :/ 

Oops, forgot to reply to your quotes.

I know from last year, acceptances go out first then waitlists. Waitlist emails will inform you where in the list you're situated- top third, middle, low third. Good luck! 

For those of you who have applied to both UO and PSU, which grad program is your preference? Why? 

Well I think Portland would be a better place to live than Eugene, but I don't necessarily have a preference in terms of the programs themselves. I would imagine PSU would be cheaper as well, but I haven't actually looked up their tuition rates yet. At this point, I don't even have the luxury of having a preference. I'll go anywhere! haha  :D

I'm with you. Portland is my first choice, but I have not heard anything from them. I am pretty stressed now since I have been rejected from three of my other schools already. I'm still waiting to hear from another (though it's likely to be a rejection since I wasn't invited to interview) :(

For those of you who have applied to both UO and PSU, which grad program is your preference? Why? 

From what I've read (and heard) PSU's tuition is going up nearly 5%, for Fall 2015. Not sure about UO.

I'm not sure what all you currently know, however, PSU is very much in the thick of the city, right downtown and has two cohorts totaling around 50. Over the last few years, it seems that PSU has been going through professor changes. Not sure why, just are continually having changes. Being the largest college in Oregon, the admissions and financial aid departments are difficult to get in contact with at times. UO, is a bit of a smaller town and has a smaller cohort of 25. Don't know much more about the program. 

Really, it all depends on what you are looking for in a grad program. 

Does anyone know how many people are waitlisted at Pacific University?  I noticed on the admissions thread that some people were notified that they were in tier one, but my email mentioned that they don't tell applicants their rank.  Maybe I missed something?  Or maybe I'm not near the top :unsure:  This is my top choice.  Really hoping to hear good news.

Just got rejected from UO by email! But I had already ruled out going there - I'm almost positive I'll go to UW-Madison. I hope those of you whose first choice is UO got accepted!

There are now some PSU rejections on the admissions results page, but I still haven't heard anything! Maybe I'm waitlisted? This is driving me crazy! I'm now hoping this weekend will go by fast so I can start hearing back from these places.