I/O Applicants 2010!

fuddy

Just found out i've been wait listed at UCONN

Rejected at LSU (they never got my transcript- how can an undergrad institution screw up so bad?)

Accepted at Roosevelt University in Chicago

Havent heard from:

Ohio University

George Washington

Clemson

Harvard

NC State

UNC Charlotte

Old Dominion

Akron

Looks like i'm a real bubble candidate.

OU said they would have all letters out by the end of February... bad news i haven't heard anything yet? Anyone else hear from any of those schools? Or want to decline an offer at UCONN for that matter ;)

Hey GBear. I haven't heard back from any of those schools except George Washington, I just got an email today and we're setting up a phone interview. Hopefully you've heard something similar! Found out I got waitlisted at Penn State, so if any kind souls would like to decline their offers for me, that would be great haha

All PhD except Roosevelt is a MA :)

Hi everyone. GBear, congrats on Roosevelt and Mks, congrats on the Penn State waitlist (I know that is your top choice!). Do you know what position you are?

I have also applied to GW, but have not heard anything from them yet.

I did however find out that I have been rejected from George Mason (via postal) and accepted at CUNY (via phone). Busy day!

Hi everyone. GBear, congrats on Roosevelt and Mks, congrats on the Penn State waitlist (I know that is your top choice!). Do you know what position you are?

I have also applied to GW, but have not heard anything from them yet.

I did however find out that I have been rejected from George Mason (via postal) and accepted at CUNY (via phone). Busy day!

Thanks and congrats to you to on CUNY! That's awesome; were they high on your list?? And did you apply for MA or PHD at GMU? I don't know where I am on the waitlist, and I'm actually wondering if it is beneficial or an annoyance if I were to email a couple of professors at PSU to re-emphasize how much I would love to attend. I want to go there for so many personal reasons I can't even begin to explain, but I feel like it would be an annoyance to blabber on about it to them. Ahh this is nerve-wracking.

Thanks! Congratulations to everyone on all the good news! No word from George Washington today, but i did get a call from UNC Charlotte saying i'm on the very top of their waitlist.

Two waitlists, one acceptance, one rejection. Hoping for an acceptance to a good school tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing when MKS gets off the PSU waitlist :)

Thanks and congrats to you to on CUNY! That's awesome; were they high on your list?? And did you apply for MA or PHD at GMU? I don't know where I am on the waitlist, and I'm actually wondering if it is beneficial or an annoyance if I were to email a couple of professors at PSU to re-emphasize how much I would love to attend. I want to go there for so many personal reasons I can't even begin to explain, but I feel like it would be an annoyance to blabber on about it to them. Ahh this is nerve-wracking.

Thanks! Yes, they are high on my list for a few reasons. I applied to the PhD program at GMU (I only applied to doctorate programs). The letter was in the mail today.

Too bad you can't find out your relative position on the WL! Perhaps you can contact your top POI in a non annoying email...dont blabber on, jut let them know how serious you are about attending...

Just found out i've been wait listed at UCONN

Rejected at LSU (they never got my transcript- how can an undergrad institution screw up so bad?)

Accepted at Roosevelt University in Chicago

Havent heard from:

Ohio University

George Washington

Clemson

Harvard

NC State

UNC Charlotte

Old Dominion

Akron

Looks like i'm a real bubble candidate.

OU said they would have all letters out by the end of February... bad news i haven't heard anything yet? Anyone else hear from any of those schools? Or want to decline an offer at UCONN for that matter ;)

Old Dominion's I/O interview day was the 26th of February.

I've been waitlisted at DePaul...anyone have an acceptance?

I'm also wait listed at DePaul. I can't believe they're only accepting two students! I'm not sure I would really want to be in a cohort with only one other person... sounds lonely

Has anyone who interviewed with TC Columbia heard back yet? I really like the program orientation but don't know if I can handle NYC. =(

Also, a spot should be opening up at GaTech soon if anyone is waiting on them!

Good luck to everyone!

I'm also wait listed at DePaul. I can't believe they're only accepting two students! I'm not sure I would really want to be in a cohort with only one other person... sounds lonely

Has anyone who interviewed with TC Columbia heard back yet? I really like the program orientation but don't know if I can handle NYC. =(

Good luck to everyone!

I know, I can't believe they are only accepting 2 either! Did you happen to find out what position you are on the list? I don't know too much about Columbia's program (other than they have a great reputation, but weak funding)..but I do live in NYC and could answer any questions you may have if you end up seriously considering that program.

Good luck to you too!

P.S.

I emailed my POI at GW...rejected, she said they have a very small program and cannot accept many great applicants..etc...

Good luck to everyone!

Hello. I still waiting to hear from GA Tech. Worried! - did they email you?

Thanks. And best luck!

Anyone heard anything official from Portland State? They are the only program I have yet to hear back from. It's so hard having to wait to make future plans!

I think some people have contacted them directly (including myself), and they have been receptive to email inquiries.

Hello. I still waiting to hear from GA Tech. Worried! - did they email you?

Thanks. And best luck!

All I know is that I'm "high" on the wait list... I'd imagine it can't be THAT long if they only want two people, right? Not really sure.

I got a call from a potential PI at GaTech several weeks ago, and their visiting weekend is this weekend.

MissRyan - Thanks! If I'm officially accepted I will have to think long and hard about TC. I'd also be completely clueless and overwhelmed (I'm from Texas/Georgia) so I will def be asking for your help!

Lastly, you guys probably already knew this but apparently GW's program moved from the Psych Dept. to the Business School - fyi if that matters to you.

Edited by fuddy

Thanks! Congratulations to everyone on all the good news! No word from George Washington today, but i did get a call from UNC Charlotte saying i'm on the very top of their waitlist.

Two waitlists, one acceptance, one rejection. Hoping for an acceptance to a good school tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing when MKS gets off the PSU waitlist :)

Hey GBear- congrats on the news from UNC Charlotte- that sounds like really good feedback! I applied there as well and am waiting to hear something from them... do you mind telling me who your POI is there? You can PM me if you want. Thanks and good luck with the rest of the schools!

I had a phone interview with GWU a few days ago and they'll be getting back to me in the coming days. He said they received 110 applicants and are only accepting 2 or 3, and they interviewed about 15 students. They're not having a visitation weekend or anything like that, and he said they wanted to get people's answers before the SIOP conference, sometime in early April.

I saw someone else was waitlisted at BGSU...so was I. Did they tell you how many people were on it by chance? I met a guy who got in to BGSU during my visitation at Oklahoma, and he isn't going to BGSU he said. So that opens up one spot!

Hey Guys,

2 inquiries:

Has anyone heard anything either way from Maryland's PhD program??

Also, I think I should give up hope on DePaul, seems like a lot of people are waitlisted and I am apparently in the middle of that list. Does anyone have any more feedback on DePaul?

Thanks!!

Hey Guys,

2 inquiries:

Also, I think I should give up hope on DePaul, seems like a lot of people are waitlisted and I am apparently in the middle of that list. Does anyone have any more feedback on DePaul?

Thanks!!

I gave up my spot in Maryland. Last weekend was their welcome/visit day.

Hey Guys,

2 inquiries:

Thanks!!

MissRyan

(Again,) I agree about DePaul. I am supposably "high up on the waitlist" and if they make it down to me, I will accept. I am just not sure that it will come to me. :-/

Best of luck to you! Keep me posted.

Re: DePaul

Hey everyone! Good luck, and hang in there! I know this is a stressful time, but you'll make it through!

I received an e-mail about being waitlisted at DePaul last year. I was, and I got in. I know some offers are out right now, but they have moved into the waitlist. If you are "high" on the waitlist, there's definitely a chance you may receive an offer. That was my situation last year.

Also, regarding cohort size... There is also a 5 year BS/MA program in I/O, so there may 1 or 2 students in your cohort in that program. You would still be taking your classes with them.

Once again, good luck! Hope to see some of you here next fall. :-)

And feel free to e-mail me if you have any Qs.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have applied to Portland, I called their psychology department and the woman that I spoke to told me that they are still in their application process and that letters will be going out mid April.

Hi All,

I am prepping for comps this summer and a friend of mine pointed me towards one of her friends blogs/google pages that she used as a study guide for her comps. I remember a few people asking for information regarding things they may read to prep for their upcoming first year and I thought I would just give you a link to this. She has a separate link for each competency as specified on SIOPs page. Have fun!!! and I hope the application process is going well!

http://sites.google.com/site/appliedpsych2/home

Hi All,

I am prepping for comps this summer and a friend of mine pointed me towards one of her friends blogs/google pages that she used as a study guide for her comps. I remember a few people asking for information regarding things they may read to prep for their upcoming first year and I thought I would just give you a link to this. She has a separate link for each competency as specified on SIOPs page. Have fun!!! and I hope the application process is going well!

http://sites.google....liedpsych2/home

Thanks, IOPSYCH.

Yes, I am asking around for advice on what I should read this summer before the program starts. Ideally I would like to brush up on Stats! If you have any other ideas, please advise!

As always, thank you : )