Georgia Schools

Am I the only one from Georgia? I feel like none of the major forums here have any input/information about schools in Georgia. I thought I'd make a post to see if there was anyone else who wanted to talk. :)

Maybe! I really liked Georgia State when I was there for my interview. I haven't been to UGA yet, but I'm visiting next week. I would definitely need some sort of GA/funding to attend either of these (out-of-state tuition is SO expensive!). What about you? Any thoughts on where you'll end up?

I'm torn between them. UGA's campus is beautiful. I've loved it here. But the clinical placements aren't as diverse as they would be in ATL. UGA offers to put you in other cities, but you need to make sure you have people you can live with because the placement might be delivered short-notice.

Georgia state used to be famous for giving assistantships but this year they're going about it differently, which worries me. I was nominated for an assistantship at UGA, but they aren't telling me for two weeks if I was selected or not. So much to consider! Have you e-mailed Dr. Lindstrom about UGA's out-of-state tuition waiver? It seems to be pretty accessible.

Also, when I say they can put you at other cities, I mean at your request. Many people elect to do their medical internship at home, to save money on rent. My hometown is smaller than Athens, so I'd prefer to go somewhere new, like... Charlotte, NC. They might not be able to give me notice until close to that time, and I have no family there, I just would like to move there. Does that make sense? They won't just throw you somewhere without your input.

I had no idea about the potential out-of-state tuition waiver. I just emailed her; thank you so much!! I know Georgia State said they would not tell people of GA positions before the 15th, but do you think there would be a good chance of getting one after that? I know they usually offer a lot of GA positions, but I would be nervous accepting to a school without knowing I'll have funding. And yes, I think a big advantage to Georgia State is the clinical experiences in Atlanta you'd be able to get. But if UGA can send you to other places that might be cool! 

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know anything about Armstrong State in Savannah, GA? I got accepted there and I'm trying to schedule a visit soon. I would love any info (positive and negative) I could get my hands on!

Does anyone happen to know anything about Armstrong State in Savannah, GA? I got accepted there and I'm trying to schedule a visit soon. I would love any info (positive and negative) I could get my hands on!

I got waitlisted there, but I would love to attend. I am trying to find out info on it as well! :]

• 2 weeks later...

I went to an open house at Armstrong in November, and I loved it there! The professor who ran it was really nice, and I thought the campus and clinic was beautiful!! If I was accepted here, I would be going! :) 

I got waitlisted there, but I would love to attend. I am trying to find out info on it as well! :]

I got waitlisted here too! I don't know much about the process though, sorry! 

I am still on the waitlist but I did accept an offer at another school, but that offer is just part time! So if I have a better opportunity I would look at withdrawing.

I am still on the waitlist but I did accept an offer at another school, but that offer is just part time! So if I have a better opportunity I would look at withdrawing.

That's awesome! Armstrong is my number one school so I am really hoping I get pulled off the waitlist.