PhD admits - where are you going?

SCGH

Hey :) going to Teachers College because they gave me full funding, apparently it's not what they usually do but this year they took less people so they had packages available. And it's a very small program (History and Education). Anyway, pumped! New York is definitely scary but I'm excited! 

Hey :) going to Teachers College because they gave me full funding

Tuition or tuition and stipend?

I am looking at the Philosophy and Education program, so I am curious.

Congrats!

Edited by FSMITH010

Hey :) going to Teachers College because they gave me full funding, apparently it's not what they usually do but this year they took less people so they had packages available. And it's a very small program (History and Education). Anyway, pumped! New York is definitely scary but I'm excited!

Congrats!

Tuition or tuition and stipend?

I am looking at the Philosophy and Education program, so I am curious.

Congrats!

Sorry I didn't see your message until now. Both tuition and stipend. Philosophy and Education is very similar to History and Education (they actually share the same office space in the building) so they might give similar financial packages! 

@camly91 - Carefully check how many years of funding you have and whether it is guaranteed. A friend of mine got full funding in the first year but the amount was cut every year and she lost all funding in her third or fourth year.

@camly91 - Carefully check how many years of funding you have and whether it is guaranteed. A friend of mine got full funding in the first year but the amount was cut every year and she lost all funding in her third or fourth year.

Yea I heard they do it all the time. They gave me a 3-year package but after that I'm on my own. I'll look for opportunities-mainly in my home country-during my time there. Wouldn't have gone with only 1 year of funding though, it would have been too difficult to find funding from one year to the next. So this is good, especially because the first 3 years in this program are when you actually have to be there full time.