Fulbright 2016 - 2017

MastersHoping

14 minutes ago, kat_2411 said:

I sent you a PM! Any chance you're at OU? :D I'm also an Ohioan!

14 minutes ago, kat_2411 said:

I sent you a PM! Any chance you're at OU? :D I'm also an Ohioan!

So am I ! I go to UC:)

5 hours ago, sat0ri said:

Oh ok thanks, I was expecting P/A/NS to be in the subject line so that would have totally freaked me out if there was nothing there.

I applied for the UK open award and I applied to a few schools in the UK hoping to get internal funding if not the Fulbright. However, I have also interviewed with an awesome professor at LMU (Munich) who is willing to support a DAAD application for a 6 month research grant, so Germany is not totally out for me. Fulbright and the respective host institution, however, is by a large margin my top choice. 

Mine had the (P) in the subject line when I got accepted this morning. Maybe it depends on the location? Idk. Good luck to you! Hopefully the UK finds out soon!!

2 hours ago, rsolo said:

@LifeLearner @sairam94 @geocat and any other Spain ETA finalists, I found this website that was made for last year's group of ETA's that has a bunch of info about stuff like housing and visas and what not that seems super useful: http://madridfulbright.weebly.com

Also congrats!!! So excited for us all!

Oooh thank you! I would give you a thumbs up on this...but I ran out today! Haha

Is anyone else on the thread waiting for Ireland results? PM me if you want and we can commiserate the waiting together!

3 hours ago, sairam94 said:

When do they send out more info regarding award amount, visa process, etc?

Japan sent my package with info out on the 10th, four days after I received my initial notice. It arrived on Monday (14th). I'd expect your info will arrive soon! 

5 minutes ago, Mathur said:

A part of me is hoping that the lack of commotion so far today means something big in the next few hours. I'm running out of nails to bite! 

My feelings/hopes/lack of nails exactly!

6 minutes ago, lyonessrampant said:

:(  Sorry kfm.  Virtual hugs to you.

5 minutes ago, SoundandVision said:

So sorry to hear that. Big hug!

Thanks guys -- could use one about now haha. Best of luck to everyone still waiting