2016 Canadian SLP Thread

1 minute ago, Hopeful_SLP said:

How long do those accepted to Western have to decide?

In one part of the letter it says within 5 business days and in another, it says April 15th... I guess it's the latter?

3 minutes ago, Hopeful_SLP said:

How long do those accepted to Western have to decide?

It looks like they give 5 business days to accept.

10 minutes ago, MakeSpeechGreatAgain said:

Congrats to everyone!

I've been Waitlisted by Western. I'll be giving up my waitlist spots (Western and Dal) as I've accepted the offer for UofA. Fellow waitlist warriors, I'm cheering for you.

Did you have to pay a deposit for U of A? I got the same responses as you but haven't accepted yet. 

17 minutes ago, klfstudent said:

Did you have to pay a deposit for U of A? I got the same responses as you but haven't accepted yet. 

I've accepted the offer on Tues and my application has been sent to FGSR for processing (no word back yet). So far, they haven't asked me to pay a deposit. I am assuming the deposit happens once FGSR sends out a formal acceptance.

Accepted to Western!! Wow I think I'm in shock!!! Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to those waitlisted!!

I have also not heard anything from U of T so I'm really glad I at least have an acceptance to hold onto to get me through the day :)

5 hours ago, sjvwl said:

Accepted into Western! I am planning on going to the UofA, so best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! <3

5 hours ago, Beeee5 said:

Accepted to Western!! Very excited, but still hoping that I might be able to take a spot at U of A!

Congrats! Out of curiosity why do you want to go to U of A over Western? I was thinking the opposite so it would be nice to hear the other side. 

For those of you who are on waitlists: I am going to be declining the seats offered to me at Western, Dal and Alberta over the weekend sometime when I'm done editing my honours thesis (which apparently is an infinitely long task).

I am so stumped over choosing between McGill and Toronto that it almost physically hurts. Anyone have any words of advice?

2 minutes ago, tillersaurus said:

For those of you who are on waitlists: I am going to be declining the seats offered to me at Western, Dal and Alberta over the weekend sometime when I'm done editing my honours thesis (which apparently is an infinitely long task).

I am so stumped over choosing between McGill and Toronto that it almost physically hurts. Anyone have any words of advice?

I'm also going to be turning down my seat at Western for those of you on the waitlist there. Am also so so torn between McGill and Toronto. Would be happy to hear any advice on the two programs!!

7 minutes ago, Speechiequeen said:

I'm also going to be turning down my seat at Western for those of you on the waitlist there. Am also so so torn between McGill and Toronto. Would be happy to hear any advice on the two programs!!

11 minutes ago, tillersaurus said:

From what I hear about Toronto, it appears more research intensive and focuses more on adults. At least that is what I have heard over the years. I don't know anything about McGill but I know a friend who got accepted to all and chose McGill. 

Emerging from lurkdom: I have been accepted to both Western and UofT! So unbelievably excited....I couldn't even say anything but "thankyouthankyouthankyou" when Western called to congratulate this morning! :D:D I have no idea which program I will be choosing yet....Any advice on program/ location / general atmosphere would be so greatly appreciated. Is anyone else going to the UofT open house on April 8th/ scheduling a tour at Western? :)