Is it possible to get into a top 30 program, without a stellar GPA?

I got into UNL which is top 10% with a 3.7 GPA. However, GPA isn't everything, I had good letters from PhD professors a lot of experience through internship and volunteer, a great statement. Programs will look at you holistically.

I got into Iowa with a 3.45 as well as other top 20 schools, you should check out the results page if you are interested in a specific school (just being aware they are self reported). ASHA also posts the GPA range of schools, though those numbers are self reported by the schools, so their can be some uncertainty as to their accuracy (ie what year? what do they mean by acceptance/flat out acceptance or waitlist acceptance). I think it's very hard with a GPA below 3.0 (most grad schools- not the department themselves set that as a cut off point), but schools really do look at GPA in respect to major and other factors. My major was out of field and showed a lot of hard coursework. All programs really do look at applicants as a whole, but I feel like sometime people with low GPAs will see that the school posts something like "we consider all applicants as a whole", don't get in and assume that the school must  lying and not looking at applicants as a whole. Just because a school says that they look at applicants as a whole doesn't mean that a low GPA but lots of volunteer experience and passion will get you in. You should take a good objective look at all portions of your application and ask yourself honestly, do I fit the profile of a student admissions committees think would excel in their program. Yes there are some cuts off, but usually they are low and schools will tell you about them.   

I was wait listed at Iowa (#1) and accepted to Northwestern (#5), with a 3.48 GPA. There are more factors than GPA that schools consider and some schools value experience enough to counteract lower numbers.