UCLA MSW Fall 2016 Applicant

Jen B

1 hour ago, RCtheSS said:

FINALLY! Checked the AppStatus portal and there it was: an acceptance letter. 

Congrats !!! Did you get an email telling you to check it or did you just check it on your own?

5 minutes ago, Msw_22 said:

Congrats !!! Did you get an email telling you to check it or did you just check it on your own?

Checked on my own! I also received a call from Tiffany, but I have to return her call.

Thanks so much for all your support, @MrsKozee!!

5 minutes ago, anony2888 said:

Congrats all!!!!  Well deserved.

Mine has not changed.

This legit makes me upset. It's like we've all been waiting this out for months but it's not the same unless we all get the good news together.

I was out to lunch when she called! I've called her back three times but it goes to her voicemail. I'll try again after my next meeting.

@RCtheSS Awww you're sweet! I applied a LONG time ago now, so I don't know what the hold up could be.

@Msw_22: I have the same concern. Did you apply in December? I did.  I knew I was rejected from UMich when everyone that applied at the same time or after me had been admitted and I hadn't heard anything. Maybe UCLA does it differently.  I'll keep thinking that!  Maybe ours is coming later today.... 

2 minutes ago, anony2888 said:

@RCtheSS Awww you're sweet! I applied a LONG time ago now, so I don't know what the hold up could be.

@Msw_22: I have the same concern. Did you apply in December? I did.  I knew I was rejected from UMich when everyone that applied at the same time or after me had been admitted and I hadn't heard anything. Maybe UCLA does it differently.  I'll keep thinking that!  Maybe ours is coming later today.... 

I called them yesterday saying I knew people have heard back but I haven't and she said how it's totally random and the time you hear back has nothing to do with if you've been accepted or rejected (but having a hard time believing that)

and I applied like right on the deadline 1/15!!

cross our fingers to hear back soon!!! 

6 minutes ago, Msw_22 said:

I called them yesterday saying I knew people have heard back but I haven't and she said how it's totally random and the time you hear back has nothing to do with if you've been accepted or rejected (but having a hard time believing that)

and I applied like right on the deadline 1/15!!

cross our fingers to hear back soon!!! 

Oh really?  Okay, now I am getting much more optimistic that our time is coming!  Keeping the faith over here!

1 minute ago, anony2888 said:

Oh really?  Okay, now I am getting much more optimistic that our time is coming!  Keeping the faith over here!

Yes don't lose hope!!!

Also got to keep in mind that this whole 'time they've been sending out a mixture of acceptance letter and rejection letters... I think it just depends on when you submitted your application and when your transcripts arrive there!!!

we'll hear back soon =)

So I got a call back from Tiffany, but it was just a "welcome and congrats" conversation; it doesn't sound as if I received any particular fellowship offer. 

That could possibly change once I receive the official correspondence from the Social Welfare department, but I'm keeping my hopes low. @MrsKozee: when is the admitted student event?

Ah, thanks! Unfortunately I've already planned a whole week off work between 03/25-04/03 to visit other programs, so I'm not sure I can swing the last-minute flight back to LA. The MPP welcome day is April 4, which would have been perfect otherwise, but that's a lot of missed time off.

I really need to start making acceptance/declining decisions... I did NOT expect my signature to have so much green. 

3 hours ago, MargaretSG said:

@MrsKozee Did you get one of the fellowships? And if so, how were you notified? I am really anxious about funding and I am not sure whether to submit my intent to enroll prior to receiving that information, or waiting until I get my financial aid package. Any help would be wonderful! Congratulations on everything!

@RCtheSS, that makes sense!! Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for!! 

@MargaretSG, yes; I was offered the Graduate Opportunity Fellowship... ☺️☺️☺️☺️

I found out about it two weeks after I accepted the acceptance offer... 

Good luck!!!

Congrats to all those accepted! To all those still waiting - Don't be discouraged! I get the feeling we'll hear back soon 

Applied, Accepted, Rejected 

UCLA MSW

University of Washington MSW

University of Chicago Illinois MSW

SDSU MSW

UT Austin MSW/MPAff