2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

8 minutes ago, phd-wannabe said:

So are all interviews for Yale BBS-BBSB track are out? Any international students get interview invites yet?

I sure hope not...I'm an international student and I haven't heard a peep from anyone (including Yale BBS)

On 12/10/2015 at 5:06 PM, blinchik said:

Hi guys,

Penn CAMB will most likely be sending out most interview invites in the next two weeks (I got mine on December 15 last year) - hopefully that takes some pressure off. I'm not sure who is on the adcom this year, so I can't give the exact date. 

I'm planning to be involved in recruitment, so I hope to see some of you here!

Any idea on whether or not Penn CAMB is still sending out invites? I know a few people got interview requests today. I'm dying from anticipation and can't function at work haha

2 minutes ago, mrpoopybutthole said:

Any idea on whether or not Penn CAMB is still sending out invites? I know a few people got interview requests today. I'm dying from anticipation and can't function at work haha

Also, would anyone know what are the dates for the interviews for Penn CAMB? It's one of my top choices as well, so I'm really regretting accepting the interviews so early.

Edited by adiJ

Just now, adiJ said:

Also, what are the dates for the interviews for Penn CAMB? It's one of my top choices as well, so I'm really regretting accepting the interviews so early.

According to their website http://www.med.upenn.edu/camb/app_info.shtml, it's Jan 15-16, Jan 29-30, and Feb 19-20.

1 minute ago, mrpoopybutthole said:

According to their website http://www.med.upenn.edu/camb/app_info.shtml, it's Jan 15-16, Jan 29-30, and Feb 19-20.

Neat! Sorry all of their websites are pretty hard to navigate :/ thanks!

Twiddling my thumbs here instead of doing something useful 

2 minutes ago, Gram Positive said:

Anyone know when we should be hearing from Michigan PIBS? When are their interview weekends?

It depends on when your committee meets. What program was your first choice? I got mine like mid-late december when I applied. Don't freak out if you haven't received one yet. A lot of people had posted that they got interviews for PIBS and I assumed I was not going to get one. 

9 minutes ago, ilovelab said:

It depends on when your committee meets. What program was your first choice? I got mine like mid-late december when I applied. Don't freak out if you haven't received one yet. A lot of people had posted that they got interviews for PIBS and I assumed I was not going to get one. 

Microbiology and Immunology - I guess they will be meeting later on. Thanks! 

I received my first interview invite for Yale BBS-Micro!

I'm a little worried because I have applied for UPenn's CAMB program, but it was for the Molecular virology portion. I know other people have received invites but they had different interest areas, I hope that is why I haven't heard back.

1 minute ago, ms.cdc said:

I received my first interview invite for Yale BBS-Micro!

I'm a little worried because I have applied for UPenn's CAMB program, but it was for the Molecular virology portion. I know other people have received invites but they had different interest areas, I hope that is why I haven't heard back.

Congrats on Yale! Wow that gives me hope that Penn isn't done sending out invites yet if you haven't gotten one. My interest area was Gene Therapy and Vaccines so hopefully that's why as well.

14 minutes ago, gyrase said:

Also got Gerstner Sloan Kettering today if anyone else applied there! So happy to see the rolling waves coming in - good luck and good work to everyone! We should all take a moment to pat ourselves on the back haha ^_^

Yay!  Me too!  Jan 12?

On 12/14/2015 at 3:18 PM, mrpoopybutthole said:

I'm in the same boat as you. What area of focus did you apply to? I noticed the few notifications were for psych/neuro so hopefully they haven't gotten to the other ones. Mine were cancer bio, mol bio, and immunology.

Oh interesting, my concentrations were the exact same. Crossing my fingers those concentrations invitations haven't all been sent out yet then. 

Hi all,

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if, in general, different departments within a single program or division make divisions together or individually? I ask because I've seen some people get interviews from WashU DBBS, and I'm nervous that I haven't heard back yet.

2 hours ago, biochemgirl67 said:

yeah I hardly believe that.  In past years, all DMS programs (including PiN) were on Dec 19th... and they were the only one to post that.  Chalk it up to a troll, I think.

I'm not sure about PiN specifically, but I know Harvard Virology (which is DMS) called people on Friday to extend interview invites and said an email was forthcoming. So it's not entirely inconceivable that other smaller (non BBS) DMS programs are sending out some invites. But I can't comment on the validity of the PiN claim.

1 minute ago, immuno91 said:

I'm not sure about PiN specifically, but I know Harvard Virology (which is DMS) called people on Friday to extend interview invites and said an email was forthcoming. So it's not entirely inconceivable that other smaller (non BBS) DMS programs are sending out some invites. But I can't comment on the validity of the PiN claim.

I was just saying what I saw on the survey.  It still leaves me hope!  I think virology is SUUUUPER small, though.  Definitely smaller than neuro and probably immunology.  Though now I'm curious and checking it as I type. :P

2 hours ago, biochemgirl67 said:

yeah I hardly believe that.  In past years, all DMS programs (including PiN) were on Dec 19th... and they were the only one to post that.  Chalk it up to a troll, I think.

i got an interview from harvard virology (which is part of DMS) on Dec 11 

Just now, immuno91 said:

Did you get the confirming email yet? I got the phone call but haven't got the email confirming it and was planning on calling DMS tomorrow.

no, i haven't received the email yet. glad I'm not the only one. i was getting worried :) 

4 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Congratulations!  I hope that doesn't mean anything bad for the other DMS programs...

Thank you :) i have not heard of any of the other DMS programs sending out invites yet. So don't worry :) I think BBS will send out invites next week