2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

8 minutes ago, RaganSmash said:

Rejected from UW Immunology, so I'm finished with this thread. Congratulations to a lot of y'all and good luck to the rest.

I suppose that doesn't bode very well for the rest of us waiting to hear back from UW immuno either. 
I'm sorry to hear that; I wish you the best of luck with your other application.

17 minutes ago, Focus said:

I suppose that doesn't bode very well for the rest of us waiting to hear back from UW immuno either. 
I'm sorry to hear that; I wish you the best of luck with your other application.

Or it does, because you didn't get the message at the same time.

15 hours ago, keviv1692 said:

Guys anybody heard from Penn State Hershey Biomedical Sciences.. I saw a post today, can u please post it here.Thanks!

Hello, I received an interview invite from Penn State Biomedical on 12/28/2015.  Their interview date is January 21-23. Hope this helped!

1 hour ago, bicsy said:

I read a few pages ago that Stanford Cancer Bio finished reviewing applications on the 5th... WHERE ARE THE INVITES

Yeah like seriously!!! I just need to know because I have interview dates conflict with another school and I don't know what to tell them.

Did anyone that heard back about an interview from Scripps (La Jolla) apply for Structural biology/biophysics? For the two weekends Scripps asked us to leave open, Mar. 3-6th I have another interview and Mar. 19-21 I have another school asking for an RSVP by tomorrow. I tried calling Scripps and explaining the situation and they just said they will still be evaluating applications throughout next week and can't give me any info about my application status. Any insight would be extremely appreciated!

7 hours ago, Nero_Mustbethefeeling said:

I just got an email from one school asking if I can switch my interview date.

I already chose the first interview date weeks ago and now they are asking me to do the later date.

Should I be concerned? Or is their some advantage to doing this? I was already making plans to come to the first date. I just wonder why they would do this.

That is weird and kind of ironic considering the amount of people here dropping interviews because they feel like it.  Maybe the schools are going to start doing the same to invitees? 

My best guess is that there are faculty members you noted in your SOP that are interested in working with that are not available during the weekend you first selected but are available on the later date.  They may want to make sure you get to talk to the people of interest to you since it benefits both parties.  This is purely a guess however.  I had an interview where I had taken the first weekend and had other conflicts for the second weekend and they didn't have some of the people available to me to interview.  They ended up offering to fly me back for my own visit to meet with whoever I wanted at cost to them which I declined since I felt it would weigh heavily on my decision and by that time I was so over travel. 

Another possibility is that everyone wanted to take the first weekend and they simply just have too many people on one and not the other so they are trying to equalize it and nearly everyone got that message.  Maybe they are hoping enough people volunteer to switch if they don't have a conflict. 

1 hour ago, bicsy said:

I read a few pages ago that Stanford Cancer Bio finished reviewing applications on the 5th... WHERE ARE THE INVITES

Serrrrriiiousssslllly a bunch of the other programs are out im going to poop my pantaloons