2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

10 minutes ago, AngryRobot! said:

So are you still requesting for alternative date? I am also PBSB and was told will be contacted after Jan 4th. Have you heard from them now?

i heard Feb 10-12 is the alternative date for those who can't make Jan 20-22.

Does anyone know what's up with UWisconsin-Madison IPiB? I saw one or two posts on the survey by people who got interviews on Dec 1, but...the app was due on that day. One of my friends emailed the office about it, and in response, they gave him an interview invite. Is there an actual date that they're trying to get the invites out by, or are they doing it in waves, or are they handing out invites to whoever asks? (haha I wish, but it's kind of weird!)

Just now, AngryRobot! said:

Does this mean there would be no alternative interviews?

I don't know. I would think she would contact everyone who was invited but can't attend as soon as they can decide when an alternate date could be. 

13 hours ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Thank you!  I will be sending spectacular vibes your way for doing this for the rest of us!  :D

13 hours ago, swiftninja said:

Yes thank you :)

So I called today and it looks like there's no more hope for chemical and systems biology :( The lady on the phone said that the invites for that program were already sent out. She made it seem like the individual programs that already sent out their invitations were finished but she mentioned that my second two program choices (Biochemistry and Cancer Biology) still haven't made decisions and that I could potentially hear back from them within the next week or two. So I guess there still may be hope for us, but maybe not in our top choice programs? :/ 

12 minutes ago, alvinnari said:

So I called today and it looks like there's no more hope for chemical and systems biology :( The lady on the phone said that the invites for that program were already sent out. She made it seem like the individual programs that already sent out their invitations were finished but she mentioned that my second two program choices (Biochemistry and Cancer Biology) still haven't made decisions and that I could potentially hear back from them within the next week or two. So I guess there still may be hope for us, but maybe not in our top choice programs? :/ 

Ah really? I see... I also picked those two programs as my second choices. Perhaps there is hope for us yet.

On 28 Dec 2015 at 11:19 PM, PASD693 said:

Hi All,

Long time lurker here- wondering if anyone's heard from any of these programs?

-Stanford Biomedical Informatics

-UCSD Bioinformatics

-UCSF Bioinformatics

-UC Berkeley Comp Bio

-Pittsburgh Comp Bio

So far I have interviews at Columbia Systems Biology, Michigan Bioinformatics, UW Seattle Biochemistry, and Cornell/Weill Cornell/MSKCC.  Thanks! :)

Wow! That is so cool! Have you applied for CSBi?

31 minutes ago, alvinnari said:

Hmmmm... Maybe I'll call for immunology.  But thank you!

Just now, AngryRobot! said:

Oh! By the way, did she confirm the availability of POIs you have chosen? She only ask me to confirm I will attend the Feb session so I guess mine will come later.

No, nothing was mentioned to me about the POIs. Hopefully we'll know before we attend!

So I called and they said they are in the process of completing the interview invites for immunology!  You can call and ask and they'll look you up to see if you are on the list.  I wasn't, but I kinda feel like it's a blessing.  I just previously had looked up apartment prices in the area and OH MY GOODNESS they're really expensive.

2 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

So I called and they said they are in the process of completing the interview invites for immunology!  You can call and ask and they'll look you up to see if you are on the list.  I wasn't, but I kinda feel like it's a blessing.  I just previously had looked up apartment prices in the area and OH MY GOODNESS they're really expensive.

Oh really? Did you call the specific program or like the general office?

Alright, I'm really close to contacting UW Immunology once more to ask about my status. The admissions lady told me that all applicants would be notified of the status of their application by the end of December, and I, along with several other Seattle residents, still have not received any kind of word despite a large number of rejections having been sent out. I don't want to be an annoying jackass though. I last contacted them on December 17th. Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, RaganSmash said:

Alright, I'm really close to contacting UW Immunology once more to ask about my status. The admissions lady told me that all applicants would be notified of the status of their application by the end of December, and I, along with several other Seattle residents, still have not received any kind of word despite a large number of rejections having been sent out. I don't want to be an annoying jackass though. I last contacted them on December 17th. Thoughts?

Contact'em!

11 minutes ago, RaganSmash said:

Do it!  Every single admissions person I've talked to has seemed understanding and willing to help.  Except UTK, but the people at UW from that program are super nice.

21 hours ago, aichan93 said:

I got an invite for TSRI La Jolla and the date they offered is mar 3-6, which clashes with Stanford(still waiting to hear back)..heard the feb slot is fully booked. ARGH, advice?? I'm an international student btw

I'm in a similar situation. This Jupiter campus interview conflicts with one of my committed interviews, and the La Jolla interview conflicts with Stanford's. I'm waiting until Friday to respond to TSRI. If I get an invite to Stanford before then, I'll decline TSRI. 

3 minutes ago, Yav Friendly said:

Contact'em!

2 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Do it!  Every single admissions person I've talked to has seemed understanding and willing to help.  Except UTK, but the people at UW from that program are super nice.

I guess at worst, doing so still wouldn't turn a "yes" or "maybe" into a "no," right? Ha.

Just now, RaganSmash said:

I guess at worst, doing so still wouldn't turn a "yes" or "maybe" into a "no," right? Ha.

That's why I called Stanford!  I just wanted to know.  Also, on the interview invite for UW said they only have 30 spots to interview, so it's worth calling!