2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

7 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

The specific program.  It was on their website as the primary contact.

Oh okay. I already emailed them asking about it 30-40 minutes ago, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm presuming they're really busy right now. Would it be obnoxious to also call?

2 minutes ago, swiftninja said:

Oh okay. I already emailed them asking about it 30-40 minutes ago, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm presuming they're really busy right now. Would it be obnoxious to also call?

No, they've been super understanding.  And if you get your answer, then they can't change it!  Also, you could say that you emailed but you didn't want to clog up their responses.  Especially if you didn't directly email the home program, they'll probably never know

Edited by biochemgirl67

4 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

That's why I called Stanford!  I just wanted to know.  Also, on the interview invite for UW said they only have 30 spots to interview, so it's worth calling!

Quick question - what does your application status say on the application website now that you have an interview?

While everyone is on the topic of calling schools, I responded to interview invites from schools like 2 weeks ago saying I could go (yes I know over Christmas), but haven't heard anything back since responding.  I wasnt worried last week since most offices were closed, but now I am concerned that my email got lost or something.

Should I contact them again to make sure they got my confirmation or should I just not worry about it and give them more time?  What would you guys do?  How long should I wait before sending a followup email?

I just really want to start scheduling travel and all of that so I can stop worrying about interviews and worry about scheduling haha.

3 minutes ago, HopefulPHD14 said:

While everyone is on the topic of calling schools, I responded to interview invites from schools like 2 weeks ago saying I could go (yes I know over Christmas), but haven't heard anything back since responding.  I wasnt worried last week since most offices were closed, but now I am concerned that my email got lost or something.

Should I contact them again to make sure they got my confirmation or should I just not worry about it and give them more time?  What would you guys do?  How long should I wait before sending a followup email?

I just really want to start scheduling travel and all of that so I can stop worrying about interviews and worry about scheduling haha.

I'd follow up if you don't hear back by the end of this week.

7 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

No, they've been super understanding.  And if you get your answer, then they can't change it!  Also, you could say that you emailed but you didn't want to clog up their responses.  Especially if you didn't directly email the home program, they'll probably never know

I actually emailed the home program. That's why I was concerned. I guess I can wait and call them tomorrow if she doesn't respond by then. Thank you :)

10 minutes ago, RaganSmash said:

Quick question - what does your application status say on the application website now that you have an interview?

Just submitted.  It hasn't changed when I checked it a few days ago.

Edit: I just checked it and it still just says submitted.

Edited by biochemgirl67

@biochemgirl67 interesting...I just called Stanford immunology and she said they're still finalizing the invite list. Did you specifically ask if youre on the working list or did they tell you that the list is finalized? 

Edited by Immunolog

1 minute ago, Immunolog said:

@biochemgirl67 interesting...I just called Stanford immunology and she said they're still finalizing the invite list. Did you specifically ask if youre on the working list or did they tell you that the list is finalized? 

She asked for my last name and checked without me asking.  I was super surprised, honestly.

5 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

She asked for my last name and checked without me asking.  I was super surprised, honestly.

9 minutes ago, Immunolog said:

curious, did you guys ask stanford immunology or stanford microbiology and immunology?? i'm waiting to hear back from stanford immunology.. microbio/immuno was my second choice area.. thanks

11 minutes ago, Earl said:

curious, did you guys ask stanford immunology or stanford microbiology and immunology?? i'm waiting to hear back from stanford immunology.. microbio/immuno was my second choice area.. thanks

Just called the office for regular immunology (not microbio), she'll tell you readily whether you got invited or not based on first name (I got invited...so pumped, dream school). Look for the number under "program manager". Best of luck!

7 minutes ago, breaker746 said:

Just called the office for regular immunology (not microbio), she'll tell you readily whether you got invited or not based on first name (I got invited...so pumped, dream school). Look for the number under "program manager". Best of luck!

congrats!!  did she happen to say when official invites would be sent out?  i'm so nervous about calling..

FYI, just called the Stanford Biology home program and they said that invites haven't gone out yet (but should go out soon). Didn't offer to check if I was on the invite list... :(

16 minutes ago, breaker746 said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG, YOU ARE RIGHTTTTT!  I got an invitation there too!!!!!!!! OMG SO FRIGGIN HAPPY.

40 minutes ago, Earl said:

Immunology.  I figured micro and immunology was finished.

17 minutes ago, mythologyking said:

Actually I just called micro&immunology. they're only starting to send invites out on Friday.

I received an invite from micro & immuno on December 18. It basically just said to save the date and that they would send out more info in early January.

On 12/31/2015 at 1:06 PM, pcc2129 said:

Did anyone else apply to the Infectious Disease and Immunity program at Berkeley? There are no results for it for the past two years in the survey and I got an email yesterday which seemed to imply they weren't conducting interviews. Does anyone have any additional info on this program?

What did the email say? I emailed them today (for the IDI Ph.D program), and they said that interview invites would be sent out by mid-January.

28 minutes ago, pcc2129 said:

I received an invite from micro & immuno on December 18. It basically just said to save the date and that they would send out more info in early January.

Congratulations! Was it from a POI?

48 minutes ago, mythologyking said:

Actually I just called micro&immunology. they're only starting to send invites out on Friday.

What??? That was my second choice program.  I mean, I'm probably not getting it but still.  :D

18 minutes ago, swiftninja said:

What did the email say? I emailed them today (for the IDI Ph.D program), and they said that interview invites would be sent out by mid-January.

It was just kind of a generic one from the school of public health. I sent an email to the IDI PhD program after I got it and they told me the same thing as you. They said the interview would be Feb 8.

4 minutes ago, mythologyking said:

Congratulations! Was it from a POI?

No it was from a "Student Services Officer".