Fall 2016 Applicants

morlvera

Got accepted to The Tisch College of Arts, ITP program today morning. :)  I haven't received any news about scholarship although they did mention in the mail that they will be sending in details for financial aid shortly.

I don't know if that meant sending a list of general scholarship options or if they will announce the scholarships then.

Has anyone got accepted in with a scholarship? If so, Congratulations! But please do let me know too! :)

Best of Luck to everyone else who is still waiting for results.

Yea I know. Based on my insane search through previous threads/results it appears in prior years people were notified the friday before the date they gave, but yea, I meant it will be a long weekend if nothing comes through. Going out of the country next week and was really hoping to know beforehand. 

20 minutes ago, Rosie7 said:

Has anyone who applied to University of Chicago SSA by the January 15 deadline heard back?

Yes, a couple folks here have heard back within the past two months.

1 minute ago, Rosie7 said:

Thanks. Even people who applied after the December 15 deadline?

They said one more person has to review my application, but I'm trying to gauge what my expectations should be, haha.

9 minutes ago, RCtheSS said:

Yes, a couple folks here have heard back within the past two months.

They said one more person has to review my application, but I'm trying to gauge what my expectations should be, haha.

47 minutes ago, Rosie7 said:

I applied on the 15th as well and I'm still waiting. They told me I would be hearing in the next week, but it's difficult with finals being this week and spring break is next for them.

I have a question about Berekeley. I got an email from the Social Welfare department about my acceptance (yay) and in the letter it said that 'official notification of admission to the University will follow shortly from the graduate division.' I was admitted Friday morning, and now it's Wednesday morning. I'm wondering how long 'shortly' is? When should I expect word from the university at large? Thanks 

On March 15, 2016 at 0:37 PM, Lookingtothefuture said:

I applied on the 15th as well and I'm still waiting. They told me I would be hearing in the next week, but it's difficult with finals being this week and spring break is next for them.

On March 15, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Rosie7 said:

I'm still waiting and I applied Jan 15.

Very frustrating. It's going to suck waiting this long to just get rejected.

We should hear back by the end of this week... hopefully. 

15 hours ago, leah371 said:

I'm still waiting and I applied Jan 15.

Very frustrating. It's going to suck waiting this long to just get rejected.

We should hear back by the end of this week... hopefully. 

Fingers crossed! I poked around in some earlier (2011) forums that had students waiting until early April, all of which got accepted. So hopefully history repeats itself with acceptances! Good luck!

42 minutes ago, Lookingtothefuture said:

Fingers crossed! I poked around in some earlier (2011) forums that had students waiting until early April, all of which got accepted. So hopefully history repeats itself with acceptances! Good luck!

That is miserable! I might have to commit to another school before hearing back.

the song lyric "say something I'm giving up on you" relates to this waiting so much... ugh.

their website said March 15 it should be March 15! :(

1 hour ago, leah371 said:

That is miserable! I might have to commit to another school before hearing back.

the song lyric "say something I'm giving up on you" relates to this waiting so much... ugh.

their website said March 15 it should be March 15! :(

Agreed. Have you tried calling the office? Let them know that you have a deadline to another school, but are hoping to hear from them beforehand. Maybe they can speed up the process for you. Or call the other school and ask for an extension?

I applied to the University of Alabama at the end of December of 2015. I heard back early March that I was accepted into the Advance Standing MSW program since I have my BSW from an accredited college. The application process was tiresome. SOP along with an additional paper for the School of Social Work, but nothing impossible. :)  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

I have a broad question so I thought to post here. Is it common to deposit/confirm enrollment at multiple schools if the timing of financial assistance doesn't match decision dates?

Basically, I have received scholarship information from Michigan that makes it feasible to attend, but my top choice is still UW-Seattle. I will not know any news on fellowships or assistantships at UW until well after the final decision date for Michigan. 

I have talked to a few in the forum community about this, but wanted to ask more broadly...is anyone else committing to multiple in the hopes of receiving more financial assistance?

I think there is a small part of me that is irked by it, but perhaps it's normal practice I am not doing a great job of advocating for myself. Would love any advice or thoughts!