Fall 2016 Applicants

morlvera

9 hours ago, Heathhoff said:

What is your GPA for undergrad, if you don't mind sharing? I am waiting for DU...just curious of my odds. Thanks!

3.5 was my undergrad GPA. I just graduated in December and my only "real" experience was my internship. I'm 22. I really didn't expect to get accepted.

9 hours ago, Heathhoff said:

What is your GPA for undergrad, if you don't mind sharing? I am waiting for DU...just curious of my odds. Thanks!

I had 3.64 overall GPA undergrad but that includes 18 hours from high school that were mostly B's, a semester abroad that was all B's (Spanish classes), and in Social Work classes I only had two B's (3.94 major GPA or something like that, I calculated it one time). I was also in the Honors Program. I like to tell myself that schools look at that info - I'm not sure if they actually do or not but that's my story as far as GPA goes. Also, if relevant, I applied to the advanced standing at all the programs I applied to, seeing as I have my BSW.

14 hours ago, tudor3x8 said:

Anyone know when we might hear back about interviews for Hunter?

Does your application status still say submitted? or under review? My app still says submitted.

On 1/28/2016 at 0:58 PM, Joy418 said:

I got an email from BC today! Got accepted :) Will get my official letter and scholarship offer in the mail soon (hopefully very soon since I live on Boston College's campus haha). But they want a decision within 3 weeks of getting the letter. That is probably not going to happen so hopefully they give me an extension. 

@Joy418 did you end up requesting an extension and did they grant it? If so, how long was your extension?

1 hour ago, senseless_panic said:

@Joy418 did you end up requesting an extension and did they grant it? If so, how long was your extension?

I didn't ask for an extension because I decided not to go. Actually I haven't officially notified them yet so I need to do that!

Ahh, University of Minnesota has moved my MSW app into FINAL REVIEW. It could go onto "Decision Made" in one day or one week's time, and then I'd still have to wait another business day to receive the actual admission decision.

Suspeeeeense.

2 minutes ago, saraisabel118 said:

@RCtheSS Same!  My friend's application changed today to "Decision Made" but mine just changed to "Final Review"! I'm incredibly nervous.

Don't be! At least we know we'll be receiving some definite news in the very near future. That's all I really want at this point, haha.

Hey everyone. My deadline to accept NYU is approaching and I am still waiting to hear back from Columbia. Does anyone know how the deposit works. If I put the deposit down for NYU, can I still change my mind and decide to go to Columbia? 

1 hour ago, AMcCoy said:

Hey everyone. My deadline to accept NYU is approaching and I am still waiting to hear back from Columbia. Does anyone know how the deposit works. If I put the deposit down for NYU, can I still change my mind and decide to go to Columbia? 

just throwing this out there- my NYU deadline had passed but it hasn't taken away my spot. When I log onto my Albert I still have the option to accept/decline and I have been in contact with admissions about visiting a class before I decide but I never asked for an extension on my deposit sooo idk how strict they actually are with it 

1 hour ago, AMcCoy said:

I would ask NYU for an extension. They extended mine today until March 18. The e-mail is: silver.admissions@nyu.edu 

So, guys.. I am in need of advice/tips. Have any of you done a graduate assistantship (GA/GSSA) interview yet? If so, can you give some advice? I have one tomorrow for the University of Michigan and have NO idea what to expect! 

3 hours ago, leah371 said:

anyone know when we'll get financial awards yet? FAFSA results, I mean.

This will vary by university; most are working on different deadlines to receive and process information sent by FAFSA. I would contact financial aid departments at the unis you applied to, if you are curious.

On February 22, 2016 at 6:23 PM, ediblestranger said:

I remember seeing on UWash's application checklist that we would hear back by the end of February.  I wonder if this still holds.  Has anyone heard a more recent estimate?

On February 22, 2016 at 4:31 PM, jwde2009 said:

I received my acceptance letter from University of Denver today and from University of Kentucky a few days ago! Still waiting to hear back from the big three (Washington, Wash U, Michigan) and Texas!

I applied by 11/20 and just received my acceptance via email from UW (11PM Eastern Time). However, funding (scholarships/fellowships/waivers) will not be made final until May. Yikes! They expect a response by 4/15 with a tuition deposit due in June. I believe financial aid packages will be awarded in March.