Fall 2016 Applicants

morlvera

For those who applied to Michigan - maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think I have access to a Wolverine Access page that some people have mentioned. It looks like I can only create the account once I officially accept admission and pay the deposit. I seems I only have access to the application submission portal, which doesn't have any information about financial aid or even my admissions decision (though I received my acceptance via email). Is that right?

59 minutes ago, Joy418 said:

Congrats on Berkeley! Are you looking at programs for history or an MSW?

I still haven't heard back from UChicago and have no idea what that could mean.

Sorry History, posted in the wrong thread :P noob mistake. Good luck to y'all!

2 hours ago, ljo377 said:

For those who applied to Michigan - maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think I have access to a Wolverine Access page that some people have mentioned. It looks like I can only create the account once I officially accept admission and pay the deposit. I seems I only have access to the application submission portal, which doesn't have any information about financial aid or even my admissions decision (though I received my acceptance via email). Is that right?

You should have received at least one email from Michigan about setting up a U-M Friend account to create a log-in to use Wolverine Access. I'm going to PM you with the email instructions I received; I hope it helps you.

Re: MSW/MPH at San Diego State university:

"Thank you for your e-mail! Your file is complete and being reviewed.  You should know our decisions before May 2016."

You can also check the status of your admission file via the SDSU WebPortal at www.sdsu.edu/portal using your SDSU RedID number.

Edited by kamber

12 minutes ago, ediblestranger said:

I haven't heard from them yet, but then again I did not submit my application until the beginning of January.  I know at least one person on here has been accepted.

I submitted my application in Jan, too - Jan 20th to be exact. I hope we will hear soon :) I can't really predict their admissions timeline.

Has anyone heard anything back from CSUF, CSULA or CSULB? Submitted my application to CSULB and CSULA on the 13th but have not received anything yet. Just got an email from CSULB a few weeks ago stating that my application had been forwarded to the department for review and that decisions typically takes a few weeks.

If there is anyone wanting information about San Diego State, I just found out today that I was accepted to the 2 year MSW Direct Practice program.

Good luck to you all! I know it is incredibly stressful, but hopefully the wait will be worth it.

22 hours ago, Opt4theBest said:

Case Western anyone?

I got in! You can see my timeline in my signature. Got notified that I was accepted about 1 month after applying and got my scholarship letter about a month after that (they were super delayed in sending it out...they said I should get it a week after I got my acceptance email). You might hear back faster since I'm guessing the holidays slowed things down.

3 minutes ago, Joy418 said:

I got in! You can see my timeline in my signature. Got notified that I was accepted about 1 month after applying and got my scholarship letter about a month after that (they were super delayed in sending it out...they said I should get it a week after I got my acceptance email). You might hear back faster since I'm guessing the holidays slowed things down.

Thanks Joy. This makes me feel a lot better. The wait is really killing me right now :)

2 hours ago, redtaz said:

Has anyone heard anything back from CSUF, CSULA or CSULB? Submitted my application to CSULB and CSULA on the 13th but have not received anything yet. Just got an email from CSULB a few weeks ago stating that my application had been forwarded to the department for review and that decisions typically takes a few weeks.

I'm on the same boat! I submitted the same day as you.

Anxiously waiting for something from CSUF but after the initial email with my student ID....crickets. I check the my fullerton portal but it's a very generic " we've received your application, no decision has been made" type of message. As for CSULB, I've gotten the same email for final review. You can check the status of your app through the self-help button & it'll tell you if you're missing anything but that's about it. 

On 1/29/2016 at 11:41 AM, RCtheSS said:

I got into UChicago SSA!!!

This is CRAZY, I submitted my application on January 10 and did not expect to hear back so soon! Also received a Dean's Distinguished Leadership Award!! I just flipped out all over the office at work!

Where did you see that you got accepted? On the application status page? Just curious, I submitted my application to UChicago the first week of January and haven't heard back. I'm dying to know if I got in or not.

Hi guys! Glad to join you guys here.

For all the students accepted to UPitt, did your decision notice on the application portal include any info about scholarship? My admission offer didnt even mention anything about scholarship, so I'm wondering if that means I won't be considered for scholarship..

Also, I have less than a week to make a decision for NYU 2 year program. I wish I could extend the deadline for the decision answer- has anyone heard of NYU letting ppl do this? 

43 minutes ago, leeangie said:

For all the students accepted to UPitt, did your decision notice on the application portal include any info about scholarship? My admission offer didnt even mention anything about scholarship, so I'm wondering if that means I won't be considered for scholarship..

Also, I have less than a week to make a decision for NYU 2 year program. I wish I could extend the deadline for the decision answer- has anyone heard of NYU letting ppl do this? 

I just asked NYU if they could extend mine because I wanted to see the full financial aid package after they receive my FAFSA. The original deadline was around the end of the month/early March but they extended it by a week for me.

7 hours ago, sdiaz1924 said:

Where did you see that you got accepted? On the application status page? Just curious, I submitted my application to UChicago the first week of January and haven't heard back. I'm dying to know if I got in or not.

I first received an email message from SSA admissions which said that the status of my application had changed. Be on the lookout for that, and best of luck!

1 hour ago, leeangie said:

No, the application portal notice for Pitt didn't say anything about the scholarship. I don't have the hard copy materials on hand, but I think all they said was that if you applied by the priority deadline (Dec. 31?) and had the required GPA, you'd hear back about your scholarship by February 15th. 

I was planning to do an MSW/MPH, but that might just be a little too pricey for me. So I'm not so patiently waiting on that scholarship amount so I can figure out if keeping the MSW portion is worth it.

You guys!!!!! I can't stop obsessing and scouring online forums for information!!! Hahaha... I applied to both UCLA and USC and I am so anxious.... I had no idea the waiting game would be this grueling ...... Let's post as soon as we get our acceptances! 

On February 2, 2016 at 10:50 AM, RCtheSS said:

Are there any other applicants to UCLA MSW around here? 

Rather, has anyone attempted to ask UCLA admissions about when they'll announce decisions? :P

I applied to UCLA on December 1st.... I have not heard a damn thing!

On 2/5/2016 at 8:04 AM, leeangie said:

I emailed Pitt admissions and we should be knowing our scholarship info by the end of February-- so eager to hear back since money is gonna be a big deciding factor for me!

Edited by sugarandspice

On 1/26/2016 at 6:59 PM, Joy418 said:

I talked with the Dean of Admissions at Pitt at a grad fair. He was super nice. He said yes, you do really get guaranteed admission and a merit scholarship. He was very honest and said Pitt doesn't have the same resources as Michigan or WashU, so it would definitely be a partial scholarship in most cases. He did say they have opportunities for grants the second year--for example, a mental health grant that gives you 10K cash. And that grant is actually not as competitive as one might think. They are sending out scholarship offers mid February.

I got 30K over the 2 years at Case. Which is ok, but still leaves about 56K out of pocket, plus living expenses. I don't know if what I got is average or above/below.

I'm deciding between Pitt and Case and even with a 26k scholarship from Case, it's still cheaper to go to Pitt even before scholarship. Has anyone been to either Cleveland or Pittsburgh? I won't get the chance to visit but I'm curious to know how living is in both cities.

1 hour ago, sugarandspice said:

I'm deciding between Pitt and Case and even with a 26k scholarship from Case, it's still cheaper to go to Pitt even before scholarship. Has anyone been to either Cleveland or Pittsburgh? I won't get the chance to visit but I'm curious to know how living is in both cities.

Oh my gosh I am so stupid! I saw their tuition on their website and thought that was per semester, not per year. Wow, their program is seriously so much more affordable than all the others! 

I haven't gotten a chance to visit either, yet. I've actually heard good things about living in each city, but don't know firsthand. 

18 hours ago, sugarandspice said:

I emailed Pitt admissions and we should be knowing our scholarship info by the end of February-- so eager to hear back since money is gonna be a big deciding factor for me!

Ugh, it's the end of February now? February 15th was so close, but the 29th seems like ages from now. Never again will I count myself as being a patient person. 

I haven't visited Pittsburgh yet either, but I've heard/read it's a decent place to live. I'm hoping the social work program has an admitted students day or something. So far the public health folks have done a much better job of acting like they want me to attend. 

Edited by morlvera