KAUST applicants - Spring 2016

Lindsay1986

Hi guys,

I have applied for PhD in AMCS program. Had both interviews and a candidate professor who wants me deeply. Last week he gathered some info saying that my HR skype interview was negative but do not know why.

Has anyone had a decision yet ??

Edited by Aeroeng

6 hours ago, abohammed said:

My result appeared..

rejected

Good luck guys

Abohammed,

Don't worry, there is many opportunities out there insha Allah. I suppose we should all start getting decisions now. Anybody else get decision?

A question for those who went to Istanbul; Could you estimate how many candidates were invited with you to Istanbul ? And also were you given any hints about when to expect replies ?

7 hours ago, Badr said:

A question for those who went to Istanbul; Could you estimate how many candidates were invited with you to Istanbul ? And also were you given any hints about when to expect replies ?

Hi Badr,

We were total 16 in Istanbul for the interview. Moreover, they didn't tell us that when they are going to reply us :(

Edited by MA.Khan

24 minutes ago, Ardevara said:

How did you know that he/she has a perfect GPA? 

Many other variables, such as publications, recommendation from a POI, etc., may affect the result. 

If you hover over the red dot in the website for the submission, it mentions GPA and GRE scores. Of course, other factors influence admission. But if this person wants to get into any humanities program in an ivy league, he/she would have a very strong chance of getting admitted because of her/his very high verbal and AW scores, and high quantitative score. I am also sure that many great universities would be willing to take her/him in engineering as well. 

3 minutes ago, AhmedMA said:

If you hover over the red dot in the website for the submission, it mentions GPA and GRE scores. Of course, other factors influence admission. But if this person wants to get into any humanities program in an ivy league, he/she would have a very strong chance of getting admitted because of her/his very high verbal and AW scores, and high quantitative score. I am also sure that many great universities would be willing to take her/him in engineering as well. 

Thanks for the information. 

Got an email to check website, and was REJECTED. Was expected after this long wait, but already accepted offer in the US anyway! Congrats to those who were accepted and wish the best for those who are still waiting.