Directing MFA 2016? Who else is looking?

voldy24601

@aprilcleveland I haven't heard anything from U Washington yet.

On that note, anybody heard from CalArts?

Now that my current production is up I'm going into full-on prep mode for DePaul. If that's the only interview I get, so be it, and I want to make the most of it.  @UnrulyMop, I suppose I will see you there! You auditioning on the 20th?

@Directorial  and @aprilcleveland  I heard from both CalArts and U Washington, interviewed with Washington in NY this week, they are apparently only interviewing ten people this year, then cutting six, and flying four out there at the end of the month.  Interviewing with CalArts in LA next week.  Tacked on a few days to make a tiny, and much needed vacation out of it.

But yes @Directorial, it will be great to see you in Chicago.  Curious how that all goes, can't believe it starts at 8am!  Nothing in theatre starts that early!  Where are you flying in from? 

Got my first official rejection from Pace. Not too disappointed though, felt like a rough interview, and it was never my first choice program. At this point, waiting to hear from Yale or Carnegie Mellon for further interviews, and New School for first contact.

Sorry to hear that, @Directorial

@voldy24601 and @directMontana, Robert Quinlan (ISU) said that he'd make decisions and notify by the end of February -- no final callback or campus visit, apparently. Weird! The Indiana team should be doing Skype/Phone interviews as their follow-up from the URTAs -- I believe that's going to be on February 23rd (Dale emailed me yesterday because they wanted another letter of rec).

Been nervously waiting for the Yale decision, along with everyone else here...

Edited by bluebane

Thanks for the update @bluebane! Yeah, I just heard back from Illinois State (I e-mailed asking what the next step was) but I was wondering about Indiana. And this waiting on Yale is KILLING ME. It's good to know that everyone else is waiting. If I was sitting, wondering by myself, I would be going crazy.

Very much possible, although I'd be somewhat surprised if that were true, just because I figured by law of averages at least one of us was likely to be a finalist out of 12 people, especially since about 7 or 8 of us got an interview. Will still keep an eye on it still, as I have been contacted on a Friday before by another institution.

Yale might be out, but they did say they would be reaching out until the 12th and they called me at the 11th hour for my phone interview. Also there is like 6 of us, so surely at least one of us will get a call right? Also I just heard back from Northwestern today, they invited me to interview at their campus, but I have a show at the same time. Hope I can get it worked out.

Today is probably our collective last chance for the Yale call... @voldy24601, thanks for letting me know about Northwestern! I guess if I don't hear from them today, that's probably a nail in the coffin there as well.

I don't remember any further specifics about Northwestern's financials -- that's not a bad package for a first rate school, though.

I'm hoping for a surprise birthday present today in the form of a phone call!!!