Directing MFA 2016? Who else is looking?

voldy24601

@UnrulyMopThey told me awhile from the date of my interview. Mid February, if I remember correctly from what Caden told me.

Is it really possible that NONE of us 7 or 8 got a Yale callback? I'm pretty surprised, I figured that one of us would get one, just based on the math of it all. Not even necessarily me (I sort of figure I'm a longshot because of my age), but one of us at least. If so, I'm sorry for us all.

@QuirkyDirector I was just thinking the same thing. I thought number wise at least one of us would have heard from them. Part of me is hoping that they are just running behind, but with the interviews being just a week away I realize that is unlikely. It might be time for me to be sad about Yale for a day or two and then move on. Welp. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Any of you DePaul finalists want to share a hotel room on the evening of the 19th and/or 20th and save some money? I changed my handle because bluebane told me I should be a little more opaque on here ;) but I've been around and active from the beginning. So mysterious...

@mr.taco -- I know how much you like your luxury hotels, but "Getaway Hostel Chicago" is totally decent for one night... and it's $23.00, and it's a five minute walk from the DePaul campus.

@mwatt -- I missed the deadline for Boston. My fault for getting bogged down in everything. It's tricky too because their timing is so difficult with the timing of everyone else -- if I were to get in anywhere else, I'd have to make a decision before I even interviewed with Boston. The program sounds amazing, though -- I'll probably regret not giving it a shot.

Edited by bluebane

@mwatt - I'm getting confused: this page says Feb 15, which was yesterday: http://www.bu.edu/cfa/admissions/school-of-theatre/graduate/directing/

But this page says tomorrow: http://www.bu.edu/cfa/admissions/school-of-theatre/graduate/graduate-application-instructions/

So if it's tomorrow, I'll still try to get it done... do you have to mail in anything physical, or can it all be done online?

@bluebane yeah their website was really freaking me out. But on my online application it says it most be submitted by the 2/17/16. ( either way I feel like they have to accept apps by the latest date they published). It can all be done online. Transcript are the only thing - I know need to be sent form your undergrad school directly to BU and in my case my undergrad is still only snail mail with that stuff.  

@voldy24601, I wouldn't assume that yet. I think they only checked in with me because they were missing a piece of info. If you don't hear from them by Friday, I'd send an email to check-in.

@QuirkyDirector: Yup, looks like Yale rejections went out. I didn't get an email, just checked the website.

Edited by bluebane

So sorry to hear about all the Yale rejections everybody, got mine waaaay back, no interview this year.  But on the good news front, got a callback for Washington!  Fingers crossed! It's going to be a busy couple weeks.  Can't wait for a good glass of wine when this is all done.

Rejected from Yale. Heading to DePaul tomorrow: I'm 9-1 on Saturday. Anyone know how many DePaul finalists there are overall? Hope to see some of you...message me your real person name =).  I'll be attending the dinner and show with my sister on Saturday evening. I'm also heading to Ohio this coming week to check out some classes, rehearsals, and performances...anyone finalist-ing there this year? Columbia's finalist weekend was super fun and grueling. It's pretty invigorating to be in room with a shit ton of directors for a weekend... like a retreat...but with high stakes and no sleep.