Just waiting

Nicole.Cao

7 hours ago, Edotdl said:

I check my email constantly regardless, but been checking this site way too much looking to see if other people received interview invites from my programs...

Ditto. It gives me so much anxiety because I haven't heard back from anywhere yet. I know the application circumstances are different for everyone, but it kinda makes me feel kinda down...

My applications are done and submitted except for my last letter of reference. she's always late to submitting things so I excepted it. That doesn't make it any less painful! I still have finals and I have a tour/interview for a school coming up. I'm just nervous all the time now.

• 2 weeks later...

Application deadlines for me ranged from December 1 to January 15. I always check my status thinking "oh it's been 3 weeks since the December 1 deadline! maybe results??" however, I know it will probably be until at least mid January til I near anything! 

Hey everyone, I know the waiting can be painful. As someone who just went through this last year, I feel ya. I just want to say one thing. 

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LET YOUR WAITING ANXIETY TAKE YOU AWAY FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS DURING THE HOLIDAYS. 

The applications will be there, so on Xmas eve, Xmas day, and new years, do yourself and your loved ones a favor and put away your computer and phones and dont let the waiting pull you away from family. They will help you forget about the wait, so enjoy them all you can!!!!!

I'm looking forward to the holidays for that exact reason! I was lucky enough, in my year off of school, to find a part time job that covers the bills, which gave me lots of time to work on applications. But now that applications are in....all the free time I have is a little much. While time to catch up on Netflix, dig around endlessly on Spotify, find sweet Xmas gifts for everyone, and read whatever I want at any given moment has been nice....I find that the waiting-time passes very slowly without a defined project to throw myself into work on and/or a group of friends/peers/family/etc. to just spend most of that free time with (friends/peers are still in school or are former profs, family is several hours away).

So family time is very welcome--all drinks, food, gifts, and admittedly-probably-annoying political and "so where are you going to be going to school!?" chatter will help the time pass more quickly; then on the other side, likely only two or three more weeks till a first decision.

Uggghh I am in the same boat. Compulsively checking even though I won't hear anything until mid-Jan at the earliest. It is made even worse by the fact that I help with admissions at my home institution and I know the students are on break so we are not reviewing files instead we are catching up on other things and the professors are grading finals then are on holiday so they are not reviewing ether.

So in summery I am checking for something isn't coming( yet) because it doesn't exist. 

On 12/11/2015 at 2:45 PM, Edotdl said:

I check my email constantly regardless, but been checking this site way too much looking to see if other people received interview invites from my programs...

Exactly!  Seem to be crazy. T^T

10 hours ago, TheMonkeyOnMyBack said:

Uggghh I am in the same boat. Compulsively checking even though I won't hear anything until mid-Jan at the earliest. It is made even worse by the fact that I help with admissions at my home institution and I know the students are on break so we are not reviewing files instead we are catching up on other things and the professors are grading finals then are on holiday so they are not reviewing ether.

So in summery I am checking for something isn't coming( yet) because it doesn't exist. 

Yeah. I received some emails from departments. They told me decisions would be made in Feb. Horrible! >_<

23 hours ago, med latte said:

This waiting has altered my relationship with weekends. Normally I love weekends (who doesn't?!) but since I submitted my apps I now view the weekend as two days when I know I will not hear back from any school. It's a little annoying.  :lol:

And now they are on winter holiday.  :huh:

On 12/21/2015 at 10:08 AM, haltheincandescent said:

I'm looking forward to the holidays for that exact reason! I was lucky enough, in my year off of school, to find a part time job that covers the bills, which gave me lots of time to work on applications. But now that applications are in....all the free time I have is a little much. While time to catch up on Netflix, dig around endlessly on Spotify, find sweet Xmas gifts for everyone, and read whatever I want at any given moment has been nice....I find that the waiting-time passes very slowly without a defined project to throw myself into work on and/or a group of friends/peers/family/etc. to just spend most of that free time with (friends/peers are still in school or are former profs, family is several hours away).

So family time is very welcome--all drinks, food, gifts, and admittedly-probably-annoying political and "so where are you going to be going to school!?" chatter will help the time pass more quickly; then on the other side, likely only two or three more weeks till a first decision.

Just enjoy your time ^_^

On 12/21/2015 at 9:18 AM, NWFreeheel11 said:

Hey everyone, I know the waiting can be painful. As someone who just went through this last year, I feel ya. I just want to say one thing. 

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LET YOUR WAITING ANXIETY TAKE YOU AWAY FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS DURING THE HOLIDAYS. 

The applications will be there, so on Xmas eve, Xmas day, and new years, do yourself and your loved ones a favor and put away your computer and phones and dont let the waiting pull you away from family. They will help you forget about the wait, so enjoy them all you can!!!!!

Agree!Let it go~~~ Thx and Merry Christmas ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

The wait is the worst! I'm so glad to know other people are dealing with the same feelings. I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season as much as possible with all the stress!