OISE Accepted/Rejected 2016

Applicant#1000

Hi all, 

I have seen this template being used in other forums to update and help others in the same boat, and to see how competitive the applicant pool is. Please feel free to share which programs you applied to, cGPA and sGPA, and which schools accept, reject or wait-list you. Good luck to all applicants! 

Applied:

Invited for Interview:
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
cumGPA:

subGPA:

GRE scores:

Experience:
Perceived strength of statement of intent/interviews/references:

Edited by Applicant#1000

• 2 months later...

Applied: MT - I/S stream

Invited for Interview: There are no interviews for the MT program
Accepted: n/a
Waitlisted: n/a
Rejected: n/a
cumGPA: I think around 3.75??

subGPA: Around 3.91 give or take a 0.01

GRE scores: n/a

Experience: hundreds of hours in an ESL class/academic resource class, private tutoring, a university registered tutor at my undergrad institution, volunteered at a daycare
Perceived strength of statement of intent/interviews/references: strong (I believe). I worked tirelessly on my SOI, there is no interview component for this program specifically, and my references are strong (I tooked a graduate level class with the professor and got one of the only A's, my other reference is a teacher I've worked with at a high school for hte past 3 years)

I have no idea if this is enough/what they are looking for though! I'm hoping to find out in the next few weeks - OISE is my goal school, and I truly feel it is the best place for me to continue to grow as an educator. I need a challenge, and I would love to do a program that is research-based alongside practicums!

Applied: MT- P/J, MA- Child Study & Education, York- P/J (BEd), UOIT- P/J (BEd)

Invited for Interview: MA- Child study & Education, the rest did not hold interviews
Accepted: MT- P/J, MA- Child Study & Education, York- P/J (BEd), UOIT- P/J (BEd) *I got accepted to all of them, official letters for OISE (MA & MT) will be sent middle/end of March but I have already been recommended for admission and invited to welcome receptions*

Good luck everybody!

Hello! When did you receive the Child Study and Education invitation? I had the interview the 6th of February and just received the invitation to the Masters of Teaching meet and greet!

18 hours ago, ared said:

Hello! When did you receive the Child Study and Education invitation? I had the interview the 6th of February and just received the invitation to the Masters of Teaching meet and greet!

I had my MA (child study & education) interview Feb. 6th as well, the invitation for that meet & greet is for the end of March. I also got an invitation for the MT (master of teaching) meet & greet which is next week.

On 2016-02-29 at 2:43 PM, VictoriaKBun said:

Applied: MT - I/S stream

Invited for Interview: There are no interviews for the MT program
Accepted: n/a
cumGPA: I think around 3.75??

subGPA: Around 3.91 give or take a 0.01

GRE scores: n/a

Experience: hundreds of hours in an ESL class/academic resource class, private tutoring, a university registered tutor at my undergrad institution, volunteered at a daycare
Perceived strength of statement of intent/interviews/references: strong (I believe). I worked tirelessly on my SOI, there is no interview component for this program specifically, and my references are strong (I tooked a graduate level class with the professor and got one of the only A's, my other reference is a teacher I've worked with at a high school for hte past 3 years)

I have no idea if this is enough/what they are looking for though! I'm hoping to find out in the next few weeks - OISE is my goal school, and I truly feel it is the best place for me to continue to grow as an educator. I need a challenge, and I would love to do a program that is research-based alongside practicums!

To revise this, I received the email about being recommended into the program, as well as the Meet and Greet scheduled for next week. My status on ROSI/ACORN also switched to "invited".

Also, I was accepted into the BEd programs at Queen's, York, and Brock!

Edited by VictoriaKBun

Hey guys, I recently got accepted to both the Masters of Child Study and Masters of Teaching. Has anyone heard that you are now only receiving 60 credits which is apparently equivalent to any other BED program. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knew more about this and if OISE was going to do something about this. I have heard that the "masters" now that teachers college is two years will not really give you an edge or be accepted into principal Qualification courses of as an A4 pay level.

Hey Guys! Does anyone know if we didn't get an email from the MA in Child Study & Education Program on Feb 26th, whether we still have a chance of getting accepted into the program? I got an interview on Feb 6 and I also got an email/acceptance offer from the MT program, but I have yet to hear back from the MA in Child Study and Education (as well as the MA in Developmental Psych & Education). Getting really anxious right now!! :o

5 hours ago, fifty said:

I'm still waiting. Have you heard anything since you posted this? 

Nothing so far. I read that last year someone got accepted at the end of March, so I'd like to think there is still hope though

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to think that acceptances come via email/phone, and rejections come via snail mail with no update to the portal.  Check out the results from OISE and you'll see what I mean.  I'm assuming rejection at this point.

4 hours ago, Piagetsky said:

I'm starting to think that acceptances come via email/phone, and rejections come via snail mail with no update to the portal.  Check out the results from OISE and you'll see what I mean.  I'm assuming rejection at this point.

I'm starting to feel the same way!! I just got a second message saying the name on my application doesn't match previous records they have of me (I did my undergrad at UofT) ... which I don't see to be true.. but I want to know what that means.. they're probably going through my applications for mailing my rejection letter?

I applied to the M.Ed. counselling & psychotherapy, and the wait to find out is killing me. I was waitlisted last year, and found out around April 2, but this year I see that others received their letters last week. Why is there no letter???!!! I also see from the ROSI stats that for the last few years, they have made around 44 offers, and but have only enrolled around 32-35 people, which leads me to believe that they don't take anyone off the wait list after people decline their offers.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anyone here who hasn't yet had a response from OISE?

I haven't heard, and when I called they told me there was no set date that I would be guaranteed a response by, and that I would definitely hear by the "day before classes begin" ... what the??!! Last year, I received a letter saying I had been waitlisted and would hopefully know whether I would get in by May 15th, so I'm guessing if I've heard nothing by then I have been rejected (without any acknowledgement that they even looked at my application)??

I have to say I am a bit ticked that they don't feel a need to send a response when people have paid over $200 to apply (and most have worked hard to put that application together). Really bummed out here.

Guest joshw4288
On March 31, 2016 at 4:08 PM, LondonFog said:

I applied to the M.Ed. counselling & psychotherapy, and the wait to find out is killing me. I was waitlisted last year, and found out around April 2, but this year I see that others received their letters last week. Why is there no letter???!!! I also see from the ROSI stats that for the last few years, they have made around 44 offers, and but have only enrolled around 32-35 people, which leads me to believe that they don't take anyone off the wait list after people decline their offers.

This depends entirely on what the number of students the school plans to enroll. Schools always admit more students than they plan to enroll because some people will decline. Only if the number of people that decline exceeds the expected number, will they pull people from the waitlist. 

• 5 months later...

I figure I can add to this forum as I'm applying to OISE for my MEd in Counselling & Psychotherapy for the first time this year. I applied for the 2 year-MSW at UofT last year but was waitlisted. I am going to  re-apply for my MSW, as well as apply to OISE, as I would like to practice clinical psychotherapy, and that can be achieved with either program. 

I would love to share some stories / experiences with those who have applied and got in (or are applying this season).