MPH Canada Fall 2016

Snehal2410

Congrats to those accepted into health promotion at UofT! Did anyone from other streams hear back? 

It doesn't seem like a lot of us are having any luck for McMaster. I was also wait listed. 

Just to give an idea of when I heard back from universities and their deadlines
Queen's March 9 Accepted (Deadline: March 31st)
Waterloo March 23 Accepted (Deadline: 2 weeks after receiving email)
Western April 4 Accepted (Deadline May 16th)
McMaster April 11 Waitlisted (Waitlist ongoing to August)
UofT --waiting---  (but first batch seems to have gone out yesterday)

Also: UofT status remains "Under Review" even after you receive a response. That's what their office told me.

Edited by toronto123

2 hours ago, munawm said:

still waiting on U of T health promotion and Guelph:( looks like the first round of acceptance already went through for both of them *fingers crossed*

Does that mean that our only chance is if some people from the first round reject their place? 

On 4/11/2016 at 0:42 PM, mphapplicant2016 said:

Congrats @emph!! When today did you receive an e-mail? Did anyone else on this forum get an acceptance to UofT Health Promo?

Around 11 am. I'll be rejecting this offer in favour of UBC's MPH though. Best of luck to those still waiting!

On 2016/4/11 at 0:54 AM, mph applicant said:

hello!!

friends what is about your online application status in mcmaster? Has it changed or not?

my status showing pending right now and i did not gey any mail yet.

I am told by their email that I have been in the waitlist. And the waitlist will remain active until the end of August. I replied the email, asking would international students get their results a little earlier because they need more time to get visa and etc. But there's no respond yet.

Hi, would there be any problem if I reject an offer letter after accepting it?? I received first offer from USask which I did accept and later after 3 weeks I received from SFU, which I have decided to go for. So, will it be of any concern now if I reject USask's offer after these many days??

Edited by Gssl
typo

4 hours ago, Gssl said:

Hi, would there be any problem if I reject an offer letter after accepting it?? I received first offer from USask which I did accept and later after 3 weeks I received from SFU, which I have decided to go for. So, will it be of any concern now if I reject USask's offer after these many days??

Hey no there would be no problem. I got into queens accepted it and then decided to decline so I emailed the person that offered me the admission and let them know. So long as you let them know as soon as you can. 

I have a question for you. When did you receive your offer from SFU and what stream are you in?I've been waitlisted and I'm just hoping that they start moving through the wait list soon.  

1 hour ago, Mila19 said:

Hey no there would be no problem. I got into queens accepted it and then decided to decline so I emailed the person that offered me the admission and let them know. So long as you let them know as soon as you can. 

I have a question for you. When did you receive your offer from SFU and what stream are you in?I've been waitlisted and I'm just hoping that they start moving through the wait list soon. 

Thank you so much for your reply. I received SFU some where around mid march. Accepted into Global Health. For which concentration did you apply for? Yeah. I hope you'll be hearing from them soon. Good luck!! By the way, when you emailed queens did you tell them that got into other program or just that you wouldn't be able to make it?

Hi everybody!

I applied to U of S, University of Victoria and Lakehead University.  I chose online programs because I want to continue working in my field while completing the program.  So far I have only heard back from University of Victoria, where I was accepted. 

There is really not much information on the forum or elsewhere that I can find regard the University of Victoria MPH program.  Any information / opinions on the program is greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Gssl said:

Thank you so much for your reply. I received SFU some where around mid march. Accepted into Global Health. For which concentration did you apply for? Yeah. I hope you'll be hearing from them soon. Good luck!! By the way, when you emailed queens did you tell them that got into other program or just that you wouldn't be able to make it?

Hey, I just thanked them for the offer of admission and then said something like at this time I would like to inforn you that I have decided to go with another program that I believe better reflects my interests. A lot of people do it all the time and they are used to it so don't worry it's fine. 

On 4/13/2016 at 11:19 PM, chezismael said:

Does that mean that our only chance is if some people from the first round reject their place? 

@chezismael just from going through the forum i read that a few people also got offers until june so i believe there is a second round of acceptances as well. its just really nerve-wracking...

Edited by munawm

12 minutes ago, munawm said:

@chezismael just from going through the forum i read that a few people also got offers until june so i believe there is a second round of acceptances as well. its just really nerve-wracking...

Yeah, it really is. I wish I knew, for better or for worse. 

1 hour ago, The_wind said:

I am still waiting on Alberta Health Promotion - I'm assuming at this point I'm rejected but I'm wondering if other people also don't know either way?? :wacko:

I'm still waiting too! The deadline on the website said that the admission decisions would be sent out today, April 15 :/

On April 16, 2016 at 0:27 AM, Bmatt said:

I'm still waiting too! The deadline on the website said that the admission decisions would be sent out today, April 15 :/

I wish that we would just know either way by now.