MPH Canada Fall 2016

Snehal2410

Has anyone heard anything from u of t that was wait listed? They say on the website that they make every effort to let people know by today but nothing has changed on my sgs and no email one way or the other yet. I know that they did mention during the webinar that it's possible to be on the wait list all summer. Anyone have any insights on this?

7 hours ago, rapini said:

Has anyone heard anything from u of t that was wait listed? They say on the website that they make every effort to let people know by today but nothing has changed on my sgs and no email one way or the other yet. I know that they did mention during the webinar that it's possible to be on the wait list all summer. Anyone have any insights on this?

I am on the wait list for UofT and I have not heard anything. Nothing changed on my SGS and no email either. 

Hi everyone,

So I was calling DLSPH at U of T about the epi program class sizes, and they actually told me that they're still actually rolling out some offers and the program size hasn't been finalized yet. So for those on the wait list there may still be some hope! Thought I'd share this, although I have no idea how many spots they have left. 

I'm excited to start at U of T (although I originally was planning on UW until I changed my mind last second), and hope to see some of you there :) good luck guys! 

For anyone accepted into UofT Public Health (any stream), have any of you gotten any emails or anything about course registration or even tuition fees?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, mktAuD said:

For anyone accepted into UofT Public Health (any stream), have any of you gotten any emails or anything about course registration or even tuition fees?

Thanks 

Didn't receive any emails, although I did inquire about it. We can't enrol in courses officially yet, although I did notice that when you log into ACORN you can add courses to your enrolment cart for now. As for tuition fees, it's kind of mixed, where on a general site I see that we can pay starting mid-July, while on the DLSPH site it seems to be the first of August. We pay 60% of the yearly tuition fee up front for the Fall term, and later pay the rest for the winter term fees. Tuition went up by about $400 compared to last year, so after ancillary fees it will come to close to $12k in total for the 2016-2017 year :/

Anyways, I think we will get more information through email by some time at the end of this month. I haven't received any hard copy documents via mail yet, and with the Canada Post strike looming this week, I doubt anything will come soon! 

On 7/5/2016 at 0:34 PM, mktAuD said:

Thanks 

I got accepted into the Health Promotion stream for this Fall. I asked the program director about tuition and was told it will be around $11500 per year (so double that for the whole program). WRT enrolling and registering, I am going to get my T-card very soon and I've been told once you do that, you have access to enrollment. Everyone is already enrolled in Intro to PH though :)

Anyone still waiting to hear something from Western?

I applied 1.5months ago (very late i admit) to both the regular epidemiology stream and to the biostatistics stream and have yet to hear anything.

This has been my dream for almost 4 years and I am really sad as I have only been placed on the waitlist ....:( 

I have been accepted to another program but I really want to do my MPH and have delayed applying for student loans for the other program because I am waiting to see if I am taken off the wait-list. 

Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone with multiple acceptances planning on declining anytime soon? In my opinion I have many years of experience + the recommended GPA as I stayed a 5th year to bring my marks up just for this program. Feelin' kind of bummed right now :( 

Any advice on what to do if I don't get accepted? I might decline the other program as I know PH is my dream. It is pretty competitive to get a job in the field without the masters so any advice/alternate plans which are related to the field would be appreciated! 

Thanks! And thanks for all of the support everyone has given each other over the last several months. You guys are an awesome bunch! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

good luck to everyone who are applying for their mph programs this fall. I am researching on some universities to find a decent program for my brother who is an MBBS from Pakistan. Would anyone like to share a draft of their personal statement that I can refer to for example/content wise? It will be a huge favor and I will really appreciate the help.

On 6/23/2016 at 5:35 AM, Shd90 said:

Hi everyone ^_^

Anyone here applying for the MPH program fall 2017? 

Hey!

I will be applying :)  ... What schools are you interested in?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...