MPH Canada Fall 2016

Snehal2410

On 2/18/2016 at 11:34 PM, Jassy said:

Hi Everyone!

I applied to the following programs:

-U of A - MPH, Health Promotion Specialization

-University of Waterloo - MPH, Sociobehavioural Sciences concentration

-University of Toronto  - MPH, Social and Behavioural Health Science

Hopefully some of us will start hearing back from programs in early March. 

Hello!

Have you hear back from U of T-MPH,Social and Behavioural Health Science? or U of A- MPH? I also applied. Still waiting....

Edited by monvik

On 4/17/2016 at 5:16 AM, toronto123 said:

For those that got into UofT Health Promotion, what is the deadline to respond? 

Has anyone heard back from the U of T-MPH,Social and Behavioural Health Science? I'm in South Africa on a internship with the National Department of Health, so i can't check my mail. I am hoping for a application status update, or answer of any kind, via email soon. 

Edited by monvik

On 4/11/2016 at 10:28 PM, pulse said:

I was just accepted to U of T's Health Promotion program! Does anyone know how U of T's health promotion program compares to Albertas?

Hi, My friend along with 2 other students in her cohort transferred out of U of T's program into U of As, specifically because she said their practicum program was better paid and had more opportunities within higher positions in Public health in comparison to Toronto's. Also, Apparently U of A's MPH program allows you to take the National Board of Public Health Examiners test for certification without having to take extra courses. But then again, this was her opinion. 

Edited by monvik

2 hours ago, monvik said:

Has anyone heard back from the U of T-MPH,Social and Behavioural Health Science? I'm in South Africa on a internship with the National Department of Health, so i can't check my mail. I am hoping for a application status update, or answer of any kind, via email soon. 

Can you explain a little bit more about your internship? It sounds very interesting! Good luck on your applications. :)

14 hours ago, The_wind said:

I wish that we would just know either way by now. 

Weird, I'm from Halifax too. Have you tried calling or anything? I've sent 2 emails and left a voice mail, but no response.

4 hours ago, Bmatt said:

Weird, I'm from Halifax too. Have you tried calling or anything? I've sent 2 emails and left a voice mail, but no response.

No - I haven't done anything so far 

So I've finally heard from Waterloo and it was a rejection, which wasn't so surprising at this point. I checked Quest and the status was updated. No email as of yet. 

My wait is over, but I'm happy with my choice of the University of Saskatchewan. 

On 3/27/2016 at 11:20 PM, pulse said:

Congrats! Hopefully we will be classmates in the Fall :) Have you heard about any specific information about the program? I'm from Toronto, so I am not that familiar with U of A.

I'm also from the GTA and will be doing the program part-time online.  I don't know too much about the program but I've heard good things from those who completed it. I heard there are good practicum opportunities and since it's an accredited by the U.S. Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) it has to maintain certain quality standards to keep this accreditation...so I think that's a good thing even if you're not interested in working in the States.  

On 4/18/2016 at 9:02 AM, monvik said:

Hello!

Have you hear back from U of T-MPH,Social and Behavioural Health Science? or U of A- MPH? I also applied. Still waiting....

I haven't heard back from U of T but I did receive an admission e-mail from U of A at the end of March. Good luck!!

20 hours ago, The_wind said:

No - I haven't done anything so far 

Did you apply for the distance program as well? Did they set you up with an UofA email and Bear Tracks? 

3 hours ago, Bmatt said:

Did you apply for the distance program as well? Did they set you up with an UofA email and Bear Tracks? 

I did apply for the distance and I do have the bear tracks/Alberta email thing. :)

56 minutes ago, The_wind said:

I did apply for the distance and I do have the bear tracks/Alberta email thing. :)

Well, I would hope we should hear something soon. Best of luck to you & me! :)

I just got an unofficial offer from the MPH-epidemiology program at UofT recommending me for graduate studies!!

Does anyone have any comments between the program at McGill vs. UofT? They were my top choices and I've been accepted to both.

I also got accepted to the MPH Epi program at U of T, but I likely won't take it! So there will be another spot open for someone who's anxious to get in! :)

1 minute ago, anika.s said:

How were you notified? 

I got an email from Matilda Kong saying that I have been "recommended for acceptance". So basically, it seems that DLSPH made their decisions, but it's up to the graduate studies department at U of T to roll out official acceptances. That will come in a few weeks apparently. 

I applied to UofT Epi - It seems like they sent out acceptance emails a couple days ago, but I haven't heard anything (acceptance or rejection)  - Does this mean I have been rejected? Or does anyone know if they will send out another batch of acceptances/waitlists?

3 hours ago, sillybird said:

For those of you who've been accepted to UofT Epi, what's your deadline to respond? And congrats! Good luck to everyone else in the same boat and still waiting :)

So we all technically received an unofficial offer. The email said we will receive the formal offer within three weeks, and the deadline to respond will be two weeks after the date we receive that offer. So I'm assuming the deadline will be somewhere around 3rd or 4th week of May!  

2 hours ago, And1 said:

So we all technically received an unofficial offer. The email said we will receive the formal offer within three weeks, and the deadline to respond will be two weeks after the date we receive that offer. So I'm assuming the deadline will be somewhere around 3rd or 4th week of May!  

They also mentioned in the email to notify the school of graduate studies if we intend on declining the offer already, since there are students on a waitlist.

Congrats to those accepted into UofT epi!

I just hope the school at least notifies us that we're are on wait list; I didn't get any notice either like some of you have mentioned.