KAUST admission Fall 2016

hironohaha

Since nobody yet to start a new thread about KAUST,

lets make one :)

I apply for KAUST fall 2016 for Marine Science PhD

got 2 masters already, one from KAUST, another one from a japanese public university

both 3.8/ 4.0 GPA

KAUST admission staff told me I dont need TOEFL/IELTS anymore,

but i have booked IELTS session, that i couldnt cancel (dang!)

got 1 first author paper, several posters,

internship in Japan culture collection,

let see how it will turn out to be,

quite nervous reading all the posts in KAUST spring 2016,

it seems luck is the most important thing.

Hello guys,

I'm applying for MS Mechanical Engineering, still waiting for the interview invitation but somewhat feels hopeless (haha)

My qualification is just a mediocre, BS on Aerospace Engineering from my local university, 2nd class upper, TOEFL 84, no GRE, plus i'm a hijabi woman.

Is there any possibilities where one does not get invited to interview and not receiving any news?

hey hironahah. you seem a very prospective candidate. Best of Luck. As you are already done with your masters in KAUST, can you please share your interview experiences? Are MS/PhD students and PhD students treated alike by KAUST, I am apllying for MS/PhD in Electro Physics. Also I have recommendation by a KAUST professor, so do I need to take a technical interview again? Actually my sponsor told me that you dont have to, but still I am curious!

On 1/4/2016 at 3:03 PM, hironohaha said:

Since nobody yet to start a new thread about KAUST,

lets make one :)

I apply for KAUST fall 2016 for Marine Science PhD

got 2 masters already, one from KAUST, another one from a japanese public university

both 3.8/ 4.0 GPA

KAUST admission staff told me I dont need TOEFL/IELTS anymore,

but i have booked IELTS session, that i couldnt cancel (dang!)

got 1 first author paper, several posters,

internship in Japan culture collection,

let see how it will turn out to be,

quite nervous reading all the posts in KAUST spring 2016,

it seems luck is the most important thing.

hey hironahah. you seem a very prospective candidate. Best of Luck. As you are already done with your masters in KAUST, can you please share your interview experiences? Are MS/PhD students and PhD students treated alike by KAUST, I am apllying for MS/PhD in Electro Physics. Also I have recommendation by a KAUST professor, so do I need to take a technical interview again? Actually my sponsor told me that you dont have to, but still I am curious!

9 hours ago, hironohaha said:

nice....when will it be?
please, tell us how is it going later :)

Hi, Hironohaha. I just had it. It seems going on well. Professor told me to wait several days more for decision.

How about your application? 

40 minutes ago, siriux said:

Hi, Hironohaha. I just had it. It seems going on well. Professor told me to wait several days more for decision.

Hi, Siriux. When did you submit your application? And what was the interview about? Good luck.

I am applying for Master's Degree, Earth Science and Engineering.

36 minutes ago, alvisyhrn said:

Hi, Siriux. When did you submit your application? And what was the interview about? Good luck.

I am applying for Master's Degree, Earth Science and Engineering.

Hi, Alvsyhrn. I submitted the application on 01/01 for Master's degree. Then, I got an Email indicated that I was transferred to PhD program on 01/07, because I'm going to obtain a master degree in US. 

The interview is on two part: 1. Introduction to Kaust; 2. My research experience. Professor is nice.

Good luck to you. :)

Edited by siriux

2 hours ago, siriux said:

nothing so far,

but I got a suspicious notification from my researchgate account that a reader from Germany open my profile,

it might be the professor... since I havent contact him personally before the application.

Anyway, I am anxious XD

2 hours ago, KAUST said:

I dont want to keep my expectation too high...I read the previous KAUST thread, too much disappointment there.

I was part of Discovery Scholarship from KAUST, waaay in 2008, different system, so I dont think I could provide relevant information for current condition.

30 minutes ago, hironohaha said:

nothing so far,

but I got a suspicious notification from my researchgate account that a reader from Germany open my profile,

it might be the professor... since I havent contact him personally before the application.

Anyway, I am anxious XD

Relax, bro. It will come very quick!:) 

On 1/11/2016 at 7:39 AM, firly said:

Hello guys,

I'm applying for MS Mechanical Engineering, still waiting for the interview invitation but somewhat feels hopeless (haha)

My qualification is just a mediocre, BS on Aerospace Engineering from my local university, 2nd class upper, TOEFL 84, no GRE, plus i'm a hijabi woman.

Is there any possibilities where one does not get invited to interview and not receiving any news?

firly! Dont you keep your morale down.. they look for a culturally diverse pupils as far as I know, so you can be among them! You just have to convince them that ur hijab has nothing to do with aims and goals!

6 hours ago, KAUST said:

firly! Dont you keep your morale down.. they look for a culturally diverse pupils as far as I know, so you can be among them! You just have to convince them that ur hijab has nothing to do with aims and goals!

he is right,

most of Indonesian female students I knew back then were wearing hijab.