KAUST admission Fall 2016

hironohaha

On 1/12/2016 at 10:38 PM, siriux said:

I got interview Email this morning...

Congrats Siriux, sounds like your application is going along nicely. Did you have a faculty sponsor at KAUST?

Hope for the best for you and all other applicants!

1 hour ago, uyk said:

Congrats Siriux, sounds like your application is going along nicely. Did you have a faculty sponsor at KAUST?

Hope for the best for you and all other applicants!

Thank you, Uyk. Yes, I got faculty sponsor at KAUST.

Good luck to you, bro. :)

I heard that my profile got very high grades and KAUST will contact me soon, from my sponsor prof.

Looks like they already started shortlisting, so you should get an email soon. 

Edited by infamuz

I am sorry about that mistake that KAUST shows results at Feb-2016. However, KAUST extend the application deadline to Feb-2016 and I quote from KAUST website 'Now accepting all program applications for Fall 2016 through to February 12, 2016'.

4 hours ago, infamuz said:

I heard that my profile got very high grades and KAUST will contact me soon, from my sponsor prof.

Looks like they already started shortlisting, so you should get an email soon. 

Well, my professor does not even reply if I ask him about my application status!! Are u applying for masters or phD? Can you share your profile.. just want to guess about my chances :)

Edited by KAUST

12 hours ago, KAUST said:

Well, my professor does not even reply if I ask him about my application status!! Are u applying for masters or phD? Can you share your profile.. just want to guess about my chances :)

Sure, for my PhD. Have my masters from the US and they are really attracted and lure the western scholars.
I met the director as well as the sponsor prof. at a conference and they told me straight up everything the same day. so this is more of a formality now.

Edited by infamuz

11 hours ago, KAUST said:

oh! KAUST has extended the deadline till 12th feb.. That's bizarre, I guess they want more applicants to make selection more competitive :o

that s not bizzare, they do it every single year...first deadline in Jan.

then second deadline in Feb.

I read it on the other thread about KAUST.

Ah...I am becoming more and more pessimistic,

maybe I need to find a job *real* job.

11 hours ago, infamuz said:

Sure, for my PhD. Have my masters from the US and they are really attracted and lure the western scholars.
I met the director as well as the sponsor prof. at a conference and they told me straight up everything the same day. so this is more of a formality now.

Great! so you have occupied a seat already! Best of Luck for your future! But if u are done with your masters in US then why KAUST? I mean you can try other valuable scholarships too, in US. Well who am I to ask you? you are probably thinking, but i just want to know how credible KAUST is among the students of US.

Edited by KAUST

17 hours ago, hironohaha said:

that s not bizzare, they do it every single year...first deadline in Jan.

then second deadline in Feb.

I read it on the other thread about KAUST.

Ah...I am becoming more and more pessimistic,

maybe I need to find a job *real* job.

Thank you. You seem like a researcher already :D

21 hours ago, KAUST said:

Great! so you have occupied a seat already! Best of Luck for your future! But if u are done with your masters in US then why KAUST? I mean you can try other valuable scholarships too, in US. Well who am I to ask you? you are probably thinking, but i just want to know how credible KAUST is among the students of US.

haha we cannot say so unless i have an official acceptance letter. 

Well, Kaust is a research univ with ample of funds whereas in US, even many profs in top univ lack funds, which greatly restricts the freedom of research.
Secondly, the professors/researchers i am going to work with, previously worked at NASA and currently the research is in collaboration with NASA and other federal national labs in the US.
Thirdly, my research is tightly coupled with supercomputers and Kaust has the 7th fastest supercomputer in the world.Bang.!!! 

Edited by infamuz

5 hours ago, infamuz said:

haha we cannot say so unless i have an official acceptance letter. 

Well, Kaust is a research univ with ample of funds whereas in US, even many profs in top univ lack funds, which greatly restricts the freedom of research.
Secondly, the professors/researchers i am going to work with, previously worked at NASA and currently the research is in collaboration with NASA and other federal national labs in the US.
Thirdly, my research is tightly coupled with supercomputers and Kaust has the 7th fastest supercomputer in the world.Bang.!!! 

Still! best of luck bro!! :) fill me in when you get the acceptance!

Edited by KAUST

Hey..

Hi everyone.

I applied to Kaust for MS in Mechanical Engineering for Fall 2016 on 8 Dec. 2015

Ive given the TOEFL IBT and scored a 108.

But yet no mail from them about any admission status or interview?

Any idea of chances when the mail would arrive?

On 1/20/2016 at 5:54 PM, bader said:

all I can say to you

Just waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit AKSHAY DEO

if they want you they will call you

Yup...

Seems like waiting is the only option...

Hoping for the best...

and Best of luck to all...:)

Edited by Akshay Deo

On 1/20/2016 at 9:24 PM, bader said:

all I can say to you

Just waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit AKSHAY DEO

if they want you they will call you

looks like they dont want me,

sigh

waiting is v.difficult. 

Hello all,

I got an invite for a skype interview from kaust admissions on Jan 16th and i postponed it for 8 days (scheduled it on 24th) as i was a bit busy on my side. 

It was barely 5-7 minutes of casual talk. At the end, he said excellent, we will update you, bye. I did not have any academic interview by the way.

Good luck everyone, you should be hearing from them as well by now.

Edited by infamuz

On 1/12/2016 at 2:40 AM, KAUST said:

firly! Dont you keep your morale down.. they look for a culturally diverse pupils as far as I know, so you can be among them! You just have to convince them that ur hijab has nothing to do with aims and goals!

On 1/13/2016 at 9:13 AM, hironohaha said:

he is right,

most of Indonesian female students I knew back then were wearing hijab.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys, good luck with your application too..

Still waiting tho, no response whatsoever..

On 05/01/2016 at 0:01 AM, uyk said:

I'm applying for the Master's program in Biosciences. Hoping for the best!

Has anyone heard anything in terms of interviews for Fall as yet?

Hello.

I am also applying for masters in Biosciences. I am from Nigeria and I had my Bsc in microbiology in a Nigerian University (4.58/5.00). Someone told me to put my mind off kaust because all the Nigerians kaust usually admit are those that bagged their previous degrees in Europe or USA. This is really discouraging. 

And please, do you know of any msc bioscience applicant that has been interviewed?