KAUST admission Fall 2016

hironohaha

On March 4, 2016 at 5:31 AM, Kaust_applicant said:

@sparks  have u applied for MS or Phd ?  and what program are u interested into ? Hope you will do all good in your first interview . :) Amen!

Its for a MS in Electrical Engineering. Thank you friend.

Hi! Can anyone let me know the questions to be asked in the face to face personal interview? I have mine in Istanbul. I already had a personal skype interview so I am not sure how would the new interview fetch. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I thank you in advance.

Hi @StudentAB

I had an academic and personal interview in early February. After successfully passing them, they invited me to Istanbul at the end of February. But since I had other engagements, I showed my unavailability and they rescheduled to a date according to my suiting. Now I will be flying to Istanbul in the last week of March.

Hope that helps. 

What is your programme? Any reason why you had two Academic interviews?

Keep some patience. They usually update after a week. Best of Luck!

@HamFaizi, Thanks for sharing!

I applied for MS in Computer Engineering and Science back on 1st of January and totally forgot about my application. So, on 2nd of March (after two whole month) I received an email from a KAUST professor saying that they reviewed my application and want to have an academic interview to check my basic math knowledge. Two days later I received another email from another professor saying that they want to check my programming skills. So on 7th of March I had both of these interviews via skype which went kind of smoothly. And from then on I am waiting for any updates.

For how long have you been waiting between your academic and personal interviews? And can you share what were the questions on both of them and which program you are applying to? Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, StudentAB said:

@HamFaizi, Thanks for sharing!

I applied for MS in Computer Engineering and Science back on 1st of January and totally forgot about my application. So, on 2nd of March (after two whole month) I received an email from a KAUST professor saying that they reviewed my application and want to have an academic interview to check my basic math knowledge. Two days later I received another email from another professor saying that they want to check my programming skills. So on 7th of March I had both of these interviews via skype which went kind of smoothly. And from then on I am waiting for any updates.

For how long have you been waiting between your academic and personal interviews? And can you share what were the questions on both of them and which program you are applying to? Thank you in advance!

Hey mate , could you please share few of the kind of questions that they asked you during your first interview of Basic Maths and  how long was it then? I know Im asking for more but do share a bit of your profile so that  we could count our chances too . Its been really a long time since submission and and I didn't hear anything from them till now. Hope you will help ! and Congratulations for your interviews :) ..    

Hey there, @Kaust_applicant

I am a current BS senior student, CGPA: 3.5/4.0

TOEFL IBT 92

Math interview was about 40-50 minutes, about 15-20 questions regarding calculus, statistics and probability and a lot on linear algebra. Some of them were to solve the problems, some on definitions, some tricky questions as well. I hope it helps you and everyone. :)

I am really sure that they consider things beyond grades and scores, and I think that the hugest part of the admission is the personal interview which I haven't passed yet. 

On 3/13/2016 at 10:20 PM, StudentAB said:

Hey there, @Kaust_applicant

I am a current BS senior student, CGPA: 3.5/4.0

TOEFL IBT 92

Math interview was about 40-50 minutes, about 15-20 questions regarding calculus, statistics and probability and a lot on linear algebra. Some of them were to solve the problems, some on definitions, some tricky questions as well. I hope it helps you and everyone. :)

I am really sure that they consider things beyond grades and scores, and I think that the hugest part of the admission is the personal interview which I haven't passed yet. 

Thanks for sharing . . So have u not  written GRE? and of which country are u a  graduate of ? I think that counts too... 

On 3/18/2016 at 0:08 AM, Kaust_applicant said:

Thanks for sharing . . So have u not  written GRE? and of which country are u a  graduate of ? I think that counts too... 

I haven't written GRE. I am from Central Asia, current BS of Computer Engineering. 

9 hours ago, firly said:

Just received the news and finally I got rejected :)

Bye KAUST

Success to you all who still awaiting for the decision..

That is very sad, did you apply to another universities though?

Can you share your story? I mean your scores and interviews and anything you would like to share, thank you in advance

Edited by StudentAB

Got the rejection mail today ! No regrets ! Allah has planned something better for me :) . and For all waiting ,if u have not received the interview calls yet, Be Prepared for rejection ..   

Hey guys.... I submitted my application to KAUST on March 10th. My recommendations were submitted a little later (on March 14th). Do you think I applied too late? I know the deadline is April 8th. What is the usual turn around time to hear a new status of shortlisted or rejected? 

Thanks and good luck to all of you 

• 2 weeks later...

Did they remove the April deadline they previously had on the website or can I not find it anymore?

It seems the thread has really slowed down all of the sudden.

Anyone applying to this school from the US?

• http://www.kaust.edu.sa/application-form-kaust.html. The deadline hasn't changed. Just seems most people are tired of the waiting hence, the slow down in the thread . I was interviewed sometime in February and till now there hasn't been any letter of either acceptance or rejection. I know however, that a number of rejections as well as acceptances have been sent out to some people. if you are in my shoes, keep hopes high. Chances are they will still give out some acceptance letters. I am not in the US though. 

6 hours ago, iamako said:

I'm applying from the us.... When did you send your application in? I sent mine a month ago and haven't heard anything.... Wish I could have any update

I applied in December 2015; was interviewed early February and waiting for their final response. the ideal thing if you are applying for Msc/pHD or PHD is usually to contact a professor in whose research you are interested . He may arrange an interview with you and after that may recommend you for the second interview with the admissions department. If you havent done that, try doing it as quickly as possible . But am a bit Curious, why KAUST?  isnt graduate studies in the US better than what is offered in KAUSt?

I had an interview at Istanbul two weeks ago. It was a 10 min interview. I was asked questions like what kinds of shows you watch, have you watched batman vs superman, where have you travelled. And since then no reply from them. I dont know how they judge a student based on these questions.