KAUST admission Fall 2016

hironohaha

34 minutes ago, KAUST said:

Electro Physics

Okay. Goodluck to you. I was looking for someone in bioscience. Is your program msc or PhD? And I would like to ask this question. I chose msc bioscience and I already highlighted the name of a particular professor who pm I would like to work with. Though it is understood that it is not compulsory for an MSc applicant to name a professor of Interest and that is  precisely why I decided not to send a message to him. But I'm now considering it. My question is that "will sending the  message to him aid my admission?

3 hours ago, Soulhighman said:

Okay. Goodluck to you. I was looking for someone in bioscience. Is your program msc or PhD? And I would like to ask this question. I chose msc bioscience and I already highlighted the name of a particular professor who pm I would like to work with. Though it is understood that it is not compulsory for an MSc applicant to name a professor of Interest and that is  precisely why I decided not to send a message to him. But I'm now considering it. My question is that "will sending the  message to him aid my admission?

Well I am no expert about that but I just say don't do anything foolish that can convey any wrong impression of yours. Faculty sponsor is not necessary for Masters so just wait. I am a candidate of MS/PhD (direct PhD after BS). Interviews have been started both personal and technical. Today I got the call for personal interview as well. Although I already have world renowned faculty sponsor but still they are going to conduct another technical interview because I am facing some competition in particular field. Not to mention I had the technical interview before applying to KAUST. So anything can happen and now I have personal interview prior to that of another technical!! Though, I don't myself understand the logical behind another technical interview! So even I have a faculty sponsor but still I am facing troubles. You should have contacted prof if u wanted to, before applying. It wont do any good to you now, in my views (which may not worth a dime to others).

So Goodluck and pray for me as well :)

Edited by KAUST

1 hour ago, KAUST said:

Well I am no expert about that but I just say don't do anything foolish that can convey any wrong impression of yours. Faculty sponsor is not necessary for Masters so just wait. I am a candidate of MS/PhD (direct PhD after BS). Interviews have been started both personal and technical. Today I got the call for personal interview as well. Although I already have world renowned faculty sponsor but still they are going to conduct another technical interview because I am facing some competition in particular field. Not to mention I had the technical interview before applying to KAUST. So anything can happen and now I have personal interview prior to that of another technical!! Though, I don't myself understand the logical behind another technical interview! So even I have a faculty sponsor but still I am facing troubles. You should have contacted prof if u wanted to, before applying. It wont do any good to you now, in my views (which may not worth a dime to others).

Thanks and goodluck to you too. I will follow your advice. However, I wasn't expecting an interview invitation from them until few hours ago when i just confirmed that the only referee remainibg that had not submitted my recommendation letter has done so. So I think I can now expect their interview. I will be praying. I hope I'm selected. Thanks once again.

7 hours ago, KAUST said:

That is hella weird, lol. Good luck on that. Did they say, the another personal interview will be in istanbul.? xD

4 hours ago, infamuz said:

That is hella weird, lol. Good luck on that. Did they say, the another personal interview will be in istanbul.? xD

lol yes it is weird. No, no, Its technical that I am having again which is unusual. I have heard people taking personal twice but technical again is rare and bizarre (I think someone with more stronger profile is competing too). It's on skype as well. Fingers crossed!

Edited by KAUST

10 hours ago, Soulhighman said:

Thanks and goodluck to you too. I will follow your advice. However, I wasn't expecting an interview invitation from them until few hours ago when i just confirmed that the only referee remainibg that had not submitted my recommendation letter has done so. So I think I can now expect their interview. I will be praying. I hope I'm selected. Thanks once again.

You will for sure. Good Luck

Hello guys! Any news regarding interviews (academic and personal) ?

I had my academic interview with POI yesterday, it went well... basically get ready to talk about your research interests and why you want to do a phd (like why you are commited to spend 3-5 years of your life on it, what are your plans etc.)

Anyone applying for the math/stats program?

I had 2 personal & academic mixed interviews from professors of the department and a official academic interview this week and now one of the professor who interviewed me wants to recommend me to his program and asks for another interview. I have no idea what this means because the admission process of this school seems so atypical to me so far. 

On 27/01/2016 at 5:29 AM, Soulhighman said:

Hello.

I am also applying for masters in Biosciences. I am from Nigeria and I had my Bsc in microbiology in a Nigerian University (4.58/5.00). Someone told me to put my mind off kaust because all the Nigerians kaust usually admit are those that bagged their previous degrees in Europe or USA. This is really discouraging. 

And please, do you know of any msc bioscience applicant that has been interviewed?

It is obvious that KAUST don't give consideration to Nigerian students that have a Nigeria Certificate, they prefer those with degrees from USA and Europe. Well that is not fair....

Anyhow, there is no harm in trying your luck.

10 hours ago, Soulhighman said:

Yeah,GeologyMajor.There is no harm in trying. That is why I am still hoping. Have they called you for interview? And are you a Nigerian graduate too?

yeah i am a nigerian graduate @Soulhighman

i have'nt been called for interview yet, but hoping for the best.

i think we should connect with each other.

Done with the personal interview. It lasted about 6 to 7 mins.. Two highly non-professional local guys.. first I waited about 1 hr to hear from them then they were not even be able to get my English and was telling to slow down again and again!!! they told me admission KAUST will contact me again so keep checking your email.

Update: I completed the personal interview (7-10 mins) over Skype on Jan 24th and was informed that i might be invited to Washington dc for another final face to face personal interview.

As they told, got an invitation for face to face around mid February (weekday). Planning to push it that weekend. (sounds like a visa interview to me)

Edited by infamuz

On 2/2/2016 at 6:12 AM, KAUST said:

@siriux 2nd means personal? How was that? Mine was short.. Can't judge anything..

Yes, personal interview. Not to bad, around 10 minutes. And I got the Email today that decision will come into 2 weeks. 

Hello all Bro.,

I am Thuy, I also applied application to KAUST for fall semester. I was sponsored by a professor of KAUST who recommended me to admission committee. I underwent two interviews well with my professor and another professor in faculty. However in the interview on 31 Jan of admission committee, because of some problems that I answered interviewers not truly fluently. So I am worrying about the final result. please give me some advices.

Hi Thuy, well the admission committee has a final word on the application, but since your POI gave a good feedback on you then I wouldn't really worry about some minor problems during personal interview. If your background is solid then everything should be good. Good luck to all of us!

15 hours ago, MS/PhD applicant said:

Hi Thuy, well the admission committee has a final word on the application, but since your POI gave a good feedback on you then I wouldn't really worry about some minor problems during personal interview. If your background is solid then everything should be good. Good luck to all of us!

thanks you, hope the best lucks come to us. If you have any news plz share for me. :)