KAUST admission Fall 2016

hironohaha

@KAUST MS/PhD : Thank you for the wishes, good luck to you too.

Update - Scheduled on 17th to DC, they booked a 4 star hotel, flight tickets with almost no layovers, food taken care of in the hotel itself, interview schedule flexible for you to pick anytime in that day because of your flight arrivals.

I could sense they treat us like their guests rather than just an applicant. 

Edited by infamuz

I might not be able to join KAUST this fall.

I just met with a KAUST alumni yesterday. She just recently graduated from KAUST. She said that the professor that I listed in my application isnt working in KAUST anymore. Oh my... XD the professor name is still ON the list when I applied last December. 
I dont really interested on joining other group, so. 
Anyway, I might apply for spring 2017 if there is another interesting professor.

@KAUST   Thank you so much for sharing your profile . May you get the final acceptance decision from KAUST soon !! Amen .

@Saad Zafar All the very best ! Im also aspiring for MS in EE . Still no interview call! Do share with us if there is any update to you from KAUST admissions

I just got the acceptance letter from KAUST. Alhamdulillah...

I am going to join earth science and engineering program for Fall 2016 under Prof. Carlos Santamarina supervision.

Here is my history:

submitted application online: 10 Dec 2015

First Interview (with professor): 29 Jan 2016

Second Interview (with admission committee): 8 Feb 2016

Result: 18 Feb 2016

Good luck everybody.. See you guys at KAUST...

Edited by AndikaPerbawa
update date...

On 2/19/2016 at 9:22 AM, AndikaPerbawa said:

I just got the acceptance letter from KAUST. Alhamdulillah...

I am going to join earth science and engineering program for Fall 2016 under Prof. Carlos Santamarina supervision.

Here is my history:

submitted application online: 10 Dec 2015

First Interview (with professor): 29 Jan 2016

Second Interview (with admission committee): 8 Feb 2016

Result: 18 Feb 2016

Good luck everybody.. See you guys at KAUST...

Greetings from fellow Indonesians, and congratulations Andika!

Would you mind to share your profiles? Like GPA, TOEFL/IELTS score, how many publications, etc?

On 2/22/2016 at 8:32 PM, panchi said:

@ Andika 

well that's great 

congratulations for your selection.

Hey do you have any idea when Kaust is going to evaluate MS/PhD applications???

Hmmm i don't know. As you can see in my history that it took about 1 month from submit online application to 1st interview. So be patient and good luck panchi.

On 2/23/2016 at 9:11 AM, firly said:

Greetings from fellow Indonesians, and congratulations Andika!

Would you mind to share your profiles? Like GPA, TOEFL/IELTS score, how many publications, etc?

Hi firly,

Bachelor GPA: 3.54

Master GPA: 3.89

They are considering our rank compare to our friends at undergrad beside GPA score. So, be prepared to remember how many student in your undergrad (in similar major) and estimate your rangking.

Toefl: 81

Publications: 3 poster, 4 oral presentation, 1 jurnal

Good luck

Andika

Hi guys

I applied for the earth engineering and science program at Kaust. I am Nigerian studying in Russia, I already had the academic and personal interview, the academic interview went smoothly, I got a good vibe from the professor. I was invited for an interview in  Istanbul for  24th February but later received an email that the interview has been cancelled and that I'll be contacted when there is an update. Any one with same experience? By the way congrats @andikaperbawa.

Edited by mj2991

9 hours ago, HamFaizi said:

Same case Mj2991

We Just have to pray and hope for the best. Does invitation for the face to face interview almost guarantee a likelihood of getting in?

I got the admission offer of $75000 (including benefits - not just base pay), i got it on Feb 22nd, but i was busy enough, sorry about that. However having said that i am not going to Kaust. Thank you all and good luck on your PhD

Also got an admission for MS/PhD program, Earth Sc and Engineering department.

Had my academic interview on January 27th, personal skype interview on Feb 4th and face-to-face in Istanbul on Feb 24th.

Background: Undergrad in US (GPA: 3.78), several internships, no GRE, no publications.

Hurray! 

Good luck to everyone!

On 3/1/2016 at 3:26 PM, MS/PhD applicant said:

Also got an admission for MS/PhD program, Earth Sc and Engineering department.

Had my academic interview on January 27th, personal skype interview on Feb 4th and face-to-face in Istanbul on Feb 24th.

Background: Undergrad in US (GPA: 3.78), several internships, no GRE, no publications.

Hurray! 

Good luck to everyone!

Good luck Buddy.. see you in earth science and eng.

Btw, Who is your professor?

Hello fellow colleagues,

I just received an invitation for an academic interview. In the email it mentioned that the purpose of the interview is to asses my knowledge in calculus, probability, and algebra. I don't really know what to expect. Has anyone done an interview of this sort? If so, can you please let me know what to expect or what is the structure of the interview. Thank you an d looking forward to your reply. 

Hi all,

I was invited for a face-to-face personal interview, can someone let me know what is important to know about this interview?

Good luck for all applicants