KAUST admission Fall 2016

hironohaha

On 4/12/2016 at 4:39 AM, keepTrying said:

I applied in December 2015; was interviewed early February and waiting for their final response. the ideal thing if you are applying for Msc/pHD or PHD is usually to contact a professor in whose research you are interested . He may arrange an interview with you and after that may recommend you for the second interview with the admissions department. If you havent done that, try doing it as quickly as possible . But am a bit Curious, why KAUST?  isnt graduate studies in the US better than what is offered in KAUSt?

what interviews did you go through and what was your program?

Hello,

Is there any one here (or has known in the previous time) who rejected after the second interview? (has sponsor from Professor too).

I am applying for MS/Ph.D program of Marine Science. I have not heard any information from Admission Office yet, after my second interview (April 13, 2016).

Thanks

On 04/12/2016 at 5:33 PM, HamFaizi said:

I had an interview at Istanbul two weeks ago. It was a 10 min interview. I was asked questions like what kinds of shows you watch, have you watched batman vs superman, where have you travelled. And since then no reply from them. I dont know how they judge a student based on these questions.

funny moment ^^, good luck

how about the accomodation fee for the applicants who are invited to take the interview at istanbul?

On 14.04.2016 at 6:12 AM, iamako said:

what interviews did you go through and what was your program?

I applied for msc/phD in earth science and engineering (Upstream Petroleum engineering center) and went through an interview with the prof that heads the center and later with  two members of admission committee. the prof gave a very positive feed back after the interview which was mostly academic  and did write a recommendation but after a long wait, I got the rejection letter on 13/04/2016. It appears the academic interview is not really a big factor in whether or not one gets admitted into KAUST; at least in my experience. There may be other factors that may have little or no relationship with your academic qualifications. TOEFL 102, undergrad CGPA 4.98/5 from a university in Russia and GRE 310(not so good but it isnt a requirement either). Good luck to everyone but dont put all your eggs in the basket of KAUST please . Once again goodluck to you all who are still waiting. 

On April 15, 2016 at 0:25 PM, FD Az said:

Hello,

Is there any one here (or has known in the previous time) who rejected after the second interview? (has sponsor from Professor too).

I am applying for MS/Ph.D program of Marine Science. I have not heard any information from Admission Office yet, after my second interview (April 13, 2016).

Thanks

Were you interviewed twice by the admissions or one academic and one admissions. What did the admissions committee ask you? 

first interview by my potential supervisor (He said that he will give me sponsor to be kaust student), Then, the second interview by admission office (two person). The admission office asked me about my motivation to be kaust student, free time spending, news, music, undergraduate rank, how and what do you know about kaust and arabic culture. my family Background etc.

what do you think?

I think it is so weird for them to ask about arabic culture? I wonder if it is better for me to say my family comes from Egypt, or say that I am "only" American. Was the second interview by skype?

15 hours ago, iamako said:

I really hope you will get in! They have an amazing marine science program because of the red sea. 

I am waiting on an interview from the admissions committee. How was their English?

Okay Thanks, You too ^^

their english really good, of course

Hello! Congratz for those who received emails for interviews I wish you luck with the acceptance. 

I am new here, actually I didn't know that this thread exists. I applied for MS Bioscience as I heard I will less likely be accepted for MS/PhD on this late stage. 

Right now I am doing my internship in order to get my BS certificate "Medical Laboratory Technology". I will be done and fully graduated before Fall 2016. I don't have much experience with research unlike many of the members here ^^; I am really worried about the interview because of that, if I was lucky enough to be chosen to do one as I havent heard anything from them yet. Anyways, I wish you all luck and hopefully we all get accepted and see each other there. 

Hunmm one question, do you think I should had received interview email already if I was going to be accepted?  

Edited by hudy

When did you apply? Was it after the april 8 deadline?

Also who told you that you wouldn't be liked to be accepted in MS/PhD?

55 minutes ago, hudy said:

Hello! Congratz for those who received emails for interviews I wish you luck with the acceptance. 

I am new here, actually I didn't know that this thread exists. I applied for MS Bioscience as I heard I will less likely be accepted for MS/PhD on this late stage. 

Right now I am doing my internship in order to get my BS certificate "Medical Laboratory Technology". I will be done and fully graduated before Fall 2016. I don't have much experience with research unlike many of the members here ^^; I am really worried about the interview because of that, if I was lucky enough to be chosen to do one as I havent heard anything from them yet. Anyways, I wish you all luck and hopefully we all get accepted and see each other there. 

Hunmm one question, do you think I should had received interview email already if I was going to be accepted?  

3 hours ago, iamako said:

When did you apply? Was it after the april 8 deadline?

Also who told you that you wouldn't be liked to be accepted in MS/PhD?

I applied on April 8th deadline, not after. But I had no idea this thread exists. Did the ones who applied that time received emails already? 

And about the MS/PhD I heard it from friend. He explained that it would be less likely to be accepted on this time. Because, for PhD applicant needs an advisor and as this was the third deadline there is a big chance that most faculties had got most of their PhD seats filled so I think its hard to compete with that. For MS program there is no need for advisor that's why I think it could give better chances. 

9 hours ago, iamako said:

I applied in March but have only heard from a professor in chemistry so far. Waiting to hear from the admissions team.... 

Good luck bro. Hope we all hear good news from them soon. time seems to go really slow. But whatever comes it will hopefully happen for the best  :)

11 hours ago, MasPak said:

How much money should be in my account if I want to receive turkish visa? I am not getting any help from KAUST in this matter.

I have no idea about Turkish visa. But I am sure if you contact Turkish visa office in your country they would know all answers about it and help you better. 

Best of luck.

I know that if you want an american or european visa you should have at least 8-10,000 us dollars in your account. They want to know that you are financially stable and won't stay in their country 

12 hours ago, iamako said:

I know that if you want an american or european visa you should have at least 8-10,000 us dollars in your account. They want to know that you are financially stable and won't stay in their country 

but I want to go only for one day with all my expenses covered by KAUST! Well, surely I dont have that much money in my account!

24 minutes ago, MasPak said:

but I want to go only for one day with all my expenses covered by KAUST! Well, surely I dont have that much money in my account!

I'm sorry, man. Good luck. Hope it works out for you. Quick question, how many days was it after your admissions interview that you were contacted for a third? Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, iamako said:

I'm sorry, man. Good luck. Hope it works out for you. Quick question, how many days was it after your admissions interview that you were contacted for a third? Thanks. 

i was contacted right after the admission interview like within 2 days. But first I delayed it then I didnt get visa appointment and now finally this is happening if i get visa with no money in my account :D. At first,I was contacted for feb 22 interview.

On April 24, 2016 at 11:54 AM, MasPak said:

Ai was contacted right after the admission interview like within 2 days. But first I delayed it then I didnt get visa appointment and now finally this is happening if i get visa with no money in my account :D. At first,I was contacted for feb 22 interview.

Thanks dude. 

So just had an academic interview today. Very broad questions like tell us about your family history or tell us about your academic career. What else..... They asked what will I do if I don't get in kaust, will I live in other khalij countries or what? What do I like to do? What does my parents do, father and mother? Etc 

inshallah I hear back soon, they said it goes to a committee first before they hear if there is another interview or what